S.I. picking NU fourth in the North,3-5

obviously practice makes perfect. All I'm saying is some of this is on the players too. Why didnt WR stay late with QB after practice to fine tune things? Why didnt WR or DB catch balls on their own time if they needed to improve their skills? every team i have played on had guys working on their own time not just 'practice' time. All i was saying is even when NU players had chances to make plays last year they failed. Granted those times were not often, thus why they were so costly.

Basically the point is some NU fans are acting like the players had no responsibility in last years failures. My point was the players didnt do what they needed too. Like I said, I learned how to do something long ago, I dont need to be taught like im in middle school again. But as you also said, reps help. The deal is, it is a two way street. just make sure to look at both sides

Your main point could also stem from coaching.... Sure the players make the choice to stay after or not, but its the coaches that should motivate them to do so. Callahan never had that effect on players. Players said football wasn't fun for them last year, and it thats the case, I doubt anyone would want to work extra. Players now already want to run through walls for Bo, its the whole change in attitude that makes this season different from the last. Sure practice makes perfect, but its how you practice that makes the difference in winning or losing on Saturdays. I can go through the motions on all 900 plays that I'm not going to run and say I practiced, or I can run my 30-40 plays over and over until my players know them like the back of their hand. Just my two cents....

also a lot of them not performing in games comes from self confidence. again there is obviously a personal aspect, but..........................COACHING, COACHING , COACHING.

its clear you have made up your mind so I am not going to dedhoarse

but I will leave you with this

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...amp;ATCLID=4329

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...mp;ATCLID=24847

that is the same type of turnaround I am talking about. that was a group of guys that werent tackling, werent making plays, weren't doing the fundamentals, and didn't look like very good players, and turned them into one of the better D's in the country in one year.

I'm saying I expect to be a top ten defense, but if we are middle of the pack?? as good as our O is we will be a decent team

also a lot of them not performing in games comes from self confidence. again there is obviously a personal aspect, but..........................COACHING, COACHING , COACHING.

its clear you have made up your mind so I am not going to dedhoarse

but I will leave you with this

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...amp;ATCLID=4329

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...mp;ATCLID=24847

that is the same type of turnaround I am talking about. that was a group of guys that werent tackling, werent making plays, weren't doing the fundamentals, and didn't look like very good players, and turned them into one of the better D's in the country in one year.

I'm saying I expect to be a top ten defense, but if we are middle of the pack?? as good as our O is we will be a decent team

Hey mel I think we are saying the same thing just from oppisite sides. Like you said I am not going to beat the horse, I agree with what you are saying, just a different point of view.

Oh and I have to give you hell about the 03 thing again. NU's D was in the 50's the previous year ( not 114th), had 3 NFL D backs and other NFL players on the D and the schedual in 03 was much easier. OH and MU won 41-24. Looks good for me. :clap Just messing with you :corndance

Hey mel I think we are saying the same thing just from oppisite sides. Like you said I am not beating the horse, I agree with what you are saying, just a different point of view.

Oh and I have to give you hell about the 03 thing again. NU's D was in the 50's the previous year, had 3 NFL D backs and other NFL players on the D and the schudual in 03 was much easier. OH and MU won 41-24. Looks good for me. :clap Just messing with you :corndance

now I know you were messing around... but that is a point I do want to address. people always post that we had so and so NFL players on the team. how do we know that some of the players on this team might not break out this year?? most of those guys those DID NOT look like NFL talent in 2002. I have posted the stats before. of the standouts from 03 the only one that did anything in 02 was one of the bullocks IIRC, and even he was not that special. that was a group of unknowns. and yes MU did plaster them. @ MU :nutz

This is how I see the Big 12:

Hands down, OU & MU are the elite teams of the Conference this year.

TexTech is next on the list, followed by Kansas.

You cannot count out UT. They will always have incredible talent & speed. But they do not have Vince Young. Which means Mac Brown will never make it to a NC game ever again.

So that makes Tech, KU, & UT among the 2nd Tier of the conference.

The Third Tier is our Huskers, OSU, A&M, & Colorado. These teams will be very tough & give these other teams a helluva fight, but are basically equal among this group. Would be great to see the Huskers become the best team of this Tier.

KSU, Baylor & ISU - not quite there yet. They will have a few good games but finish out at the bottom of the conference.

Recap:

OU / MU

- - - - - - - -

Tech / KU / UT

- - - - - - - -

NU / OSU / A&M / CU

- - - - - - - -

KSU / Baylor / ISU

but its much louder and intimidating in Norman than Lincoln.

I disagree. I have been to both.

Granted I have only been to 1 game in each, but everyone I know says that now a days lincoln isnt even in the top 25. I have heard this a number of times from writers and broadcaster. All my husker buddies say its pretty tame now compared to 15 yrs ago.

Like I said I have been to each just once, and Norman was by far louder. But 1 is not a very big sample size. soooo :dunno

Granted I have only been to 1 game in each, but everyone I know says that now a days lincoln isnt even in the top 25. I have heard this a number of times from writers and broadcaster. All my husker buddies say its pretty tame now compared to 15 yrs ago.

Like I said I have been to each just once, and Norman was by far louder. But 1 is not a very big sample size. soooo :dunno

NU could be in the top 25 stadiums, but if they are, it's by this much...

They definitely aren't in the top 10.

Although, noise is a big factor in choosing the most difficult (intimidating) places to play. That obviously comes from the crowd. The crowd at Memorial Stadium hasn't had much to cheer about the last four years...

NU could be in the top 25 stadiums, but if they are, it's by this much...

They definitely aren't in the top 10.

Although, noise is a big factor in choosing the most difficult (intimidating) places to play. That obviously comes from the crowd. The crowd at Memorial Stadium hasn't had much to cheer about the last four years...

Nebraska not in the top 25 toughest places to play :bs:

I can tell you that Lincoln is still in the Top 15 most difficult places to play. I know that we haven't be very good for the past 4 years but that shouldn't automatically kick us out of the top 25 spot. We've won 5 National Championships, 34 Conference Titles, 289 Consecutive Sellouts, over 800 wins and Bo Pelini (I had to throw him in the mix too :lol:) our stadium isn't even in the top 25 toughest places to play.

Nebraska not in the top 25 toughest places to play :bs:

I can tell you that Lincoln is still in the Top 15 most difficult places to play. I know that we haven't be very good for the past 4 years but that shouldn't automatically kick us out of the top 25 spot. We've won 5 National Championships, 34 Conference Titles, 289 Consecutive Sellouts, over 800 wins and Bo Pelini (I had to throw him in the mix too :lol:) our stadium isn't even in the top 25 toughest places to play.

You can tell me that it is in the top 15? Maybe, but I have my doubts.

I just don't think a stadium is allowed to be in the "toughest places to play" category if one of the main concerns for many of the fans are people standing up during the game...

I just don't think a stadium is allowed to be in the "toughest places to play" category if one of the main concerns for many of the fans are people standing up during the game...

Yes I really do believe that playing football in Lincoln is still one of the hardest placest to play for one reason....OUR FANS. 289 Consecutive Sellouts and the Greatest College football fans, our fans always go nuts at every home game. Just because we had 4 bad years well 05 and 06 season wasn't that bad but it still doesn't exclude us from the top 25 toughest places to play category.

This is how I see the Big 12:

Hands down, OU & MU are the elite teams of the Conference this year.

TexTech is next on the list, followed by Kansas.

You cannot count out UT. They will always have incredible talent & speed. But they do not have Vince Young. Which means Mac Brown will never make it to a NC game ever again.

So that makes Tech, KU, & UT among the 2nd Tier of the conference.

The Third Tier is our Huskers, OSU, A&M, & Colorado. These teams will be very tough & give these other teams a helluva fight, but are basically equal among this group. Would be great to see the Huskers become the best team of this Tier.

KSU, Baylor & ISU - not quite there yet. They will have a few good games but finish out at the bottom of the conference.

Recap:

OU / MU

- - - - - - - -

Tech / KU / UT

- - - - - - - -

NU / OSU / A&M / CU

- - - - - - - -

KSU / Baylor / ISU

I agree with you about the conference being like shrek or was that onions with layers. However, I think the conference still belongs to the South. In the top 2, I would put OU and Texass. The next layer would have to be MU, KU, and TT. Each of the three have had a nice run, but really haven't accomplished anything in terms of being a big player in the Big 12. Yes, MU did make the title game last year but Nebraska did the year before and we weren't very good. I can live with your 3rd layer. However, I think I would also kick KSU up into that 3rd tier as they have beat Texas the last couple of years. They have no consistency, but they can knock off one of the big boys occasionally. Baylor and ISU are like the ugly stepchildren of the conference. However, I believe in the next 2-5 years both will get better. Something tells me that ISU will be a force to wreckon with sometime down the road. If Prince stays at KState, I think they eventually replace Baylor or ISU at the bottom. I don't have as much faith in Sherman at A&M as their fans do. They might end up at the bottom also.

Yes I really do believe that playing football in Lincoln is still one of the hardest placest to play for one reason....OUR FANS. 289 Consecutive Sellouts and the Greatest College football fans, our fans always go nuts at every home game. Just because we had 4 bad years well 05 and 06 season wasn't that bad but it still doesn't exclude us from the top 25 toughest places to play category.

I do too, but it's not like it was 10 or 20 years ago, when playing in Lincoln was almost a death sentence for our opponents.

But, my hopes are that Pelini and Co. will reestablish that...

from what i've been hearing, the kids on the team are aiming for nine wins.

i kid you not.

so let everyone think that they're gonna roll into lincoln and face a cosgrove "slap 'n tickle" high school/big 10-type defense with an offensive unit that 'may' be good.

do i expect a big xii championship? no. but i do expect the huskers to ruin some other school's hopes for a national championship.

yah, i'm looking at you missouri.

The Old Tigers will be there!

Missouri expects Nebraska's best shot!

We might be in the Top 25 but there is no way we are in the Top 15 as the hardest stadiums to play. I have been all around the country watching football games and there are louder stadiums. Sure Nebraska has the consecutive sellout streak but our fans our not that loud, and compared to other stadiums they don't go "nuts" Crowd Noise is the number one factor in making it a tuff place to play and our stadium doesn't get that loud. Most of the fans sit during the game and tell their own fans to sit down and stop cheering. I have had it happen to me numerous times at memorial stadium.