9-3 season

I want to know where all the KU supporters are now? They didn't like it when we accused them of not playing anyone last year...and claimed that they were the power to be in the Big 12 North. One year wonders.

We lose to OU by at least 3 TD's, I am afraid. But we beat KU, K-State (which will be a tight game, as will the game with CU) and the CU game we should win, because they have no offense to speak of, but we have a way of letting CU sneak up on us, so I am going to say that we should win that one...

8-4 is doable...even with the consistency issues that we still have - BUT 7-5 is more likely.

I am right here my man. Who claimed to be the power of the big 12 North? I have said last year and this that Mizzou is the best team in the North, and I still say it. I would say we will come in second, and I still say that too. I don't think you beat us, but that will be sorted soon enough. 1 amful game against a team better than us has not convinced me that we will lose in Lincoln. We might, but I still maintain we are more likely to win that you all are.

KU was a one year wonder....I just like seeing some of their "more vocal" fans shut up, they had some nerve comparing their legacy to ours...they have a long way to go before that happens...Missouri is closer to it than they are, and even Missouri has to do it without Booger Daniels before they can say their program is on our level over time.

Who compared your legacy to KUs? I want to see quotes. I would say.. No one. I do not remember anyone comparing the legacies in any way but as to be positive about Nebraska. I think a lot of this is your own built up frustration and not what KU fans are saying, and I love the HuskerTrucker, but you need to produce some evidence, as I contend what your saying is untrue (Although, to be clear, I am not saying you are being dishonest, just incorrect).

KU was a one year wonder....I just like seeing some of their "more vocal" fans shut up, they had some nerve comparing their legacy to ours...they have a long way to go before that happens...Missouri is closer to it than they are, and even Missouri has to do it without Booger Daniels before they can say their program is on our level over time.

Who compared your legacy to KUs? I want to see quotes. I would say.. No one. I do not remember anyone comparing the legacies in any way but as to be positive about Nebraska. I think a lot of this is your own built up frustration and not what KU fans are saying, and I love the HuskerTrucker, but you need to produce some evidence, as I contend what your saying is untrue (Although, to be clear, I am not saying you are being dishonest, just incorrect).

:yeah

I haven't seen KU fans comparing the KU legacy to NU. :dumdum

BO will rebuild the program, but NU football is NOT living up to it's own legacy right now. A thirty year run of nine win season isn't likely to repeat. Although scheduling long term oponents like wyoming will help.

GO BO!!

So... two wins against the two worst teams in the big 12, one of which took until the fourth quarter to put away, and now suddenly there is 9-3 talk, or even 8-4 for that matter! Give me a second while I ROTFLMFAO!! I think a more realistic view would 6-6 with the next win coming against Colorado.

Why wouldn't you schedule weak teams for non-conference play? Texas Tech did and look where they are now. In fact, I think you would be pretty stupid to play strong non-conference teams because it does not get you anywhere in the rankings, especially if you lose.

There is no reward (other than "steel sharpening steel") for playing difficult non-conference teams as far as rank goes.

I feel...spanked!! If you go back to last fall, not so much the regulars on this board, but we had some fly by's from KU that came in yapping about their "legacy" yada yada...especially after we got spanked at KU.

I enjoy the posts of the regulars on this board, especially from KU, MU, and IS. They add good perspective to what is going on, not just here at Nebraska, but the Big 12 as a whole. So, I stand corrected to some degree, but there was those "others" on this board, and in the press.

I didn't mean to point the fingers at our regulars...but it has gotten awful quiet when it comes to getting posts from the fly by's since we are headed in the right direction.

Don't rag on Wyoming. They aren't a horrible team. Now Nebraska getting to play Iowa State every season will help make a lot of 9 win seasons attainable.

wyoming has 2 wins. They are bad.

you can't do squat about B12 north opponents-- you are stuck with them, but scheduling a crappy wyoming team is pure genius if you want a guaranteed W.

Just get a few more crappy teams scheduled (long term) and you are there. Just like the old b8 (big2 little 6).

So... two wins against the two worst teams in the big 12, one of which took until the fourth quarter to put away, and now suddenly there is 9-3 talk, or even 8-4 for that matter! Give me a second while I ROTFLMFAO!! I think a more realistic view would 6-6 with the next win coming against Colorado.

Iowa State is probably the worst team in the Big 12. Baylor is probably the worst team in the south. However, we've already seen what the #1 team in the North could do against the #1 and #4 team in the South. I think Baylor could do some damage to a lot of teams in the North this year. Considering KU got lit up like a Christmas tree at home against TT, I have to wonder why everyone is annointing them a winner when coming into Lincoln? Was it because they hung with OU for a while? Even KState did that. KState lost and was unable to put up many points to that juggarnaut CU defense which just gave up 58 to Mizzou. Other than OU, I don't see any games we shouldn't be right in there for a win.

Iowa State is probably the worst team in the Big 12. Baylor is probably the worst team in the south. However, we've already seen what the #1 team in the North could do against the #1 and #4 team in the South. I think Baylor could do some damage to a lot of teams in the North this year. Considering KU got lit up like a Christmas tree at home against TT, I have to wonder why everyone is annointing them a winner when coming into Lincoln? Was it because they hung with OU for a while? Even KState did that. KState lost and was unable to put up many points to that juggarnaut CU defense which just gave up 58 to Mizzou. Other than OU, I don't see any games we shouldn't be right in there for a win.

Gotta go with aTm being the worst in the South. Losing to Ark. St at home? WTF?

Gotta go with aTm being the worst in the South. Losing to Ark. St at home? WTF?

I would also put Baylor close to KSU and maybe even CU level.... they are not that bad. that QB is really special

That's where I was going. Baylor wouldn't beat Mizzou, but I think they can hang in there with the rest of us in the North. Griffin amongst a couple other freshmen are going to give everyone fits the next couple of years. I can see them getting some great recruits in there because of how they're playing. If I was a stud high school player, I'd definitely want to play with those guys.