Game Breakdown NU VS KU

JGS30

Sagarin favors Nu slightly.

HOME ADVANTAGE= 2.79

RATING W L SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 | VS top 30 | ELO_CHESS | PREDICTOR

35 Nebraska A = 77.69 5 4 73.86( 16) 0 2 | 0 3 | 75.49 46 | 79.67 25

37 Kansas A = 77.47 6 3 69.48( 57) 0 2 | 0 2 | 75.86 44 | 78.73 29

BEAT KU!!

I think we can score points on Kansas. We must not turn the ball over or have penalties. Kansas can win if our defense plays poorly. Our D-line is the key to the game. If we get pressure on Reesing and stop their run at the line of scrimmage, we win. If we cannot get pressure, then our secondary will get torched and then Kansas can hit us with the run as well. I expect a high scoring game.

We can definitely win this one, but it will require the clean game we haven't played yet. Gotta cut-out the stupid turnovers, penalties, and missed assignments that have plagued us all season. I'm tired of losing the turnover battle, ball security and forcing turnovers is just huge when it comes to getting W's.

Wish we had Dillard and Murtha, big losses there. Shoulda pulled Compton's shirt at the beginning of the season, he'd be looking at his third start.

KU is the last good team we play this season, and our last opportunity to really make a statement. A win sets us up for a nice 8-4 record, a little better bowl, and revived momentum in recruiting. Hope we can get it together and pull this one out.

A win here + winning against KSU + winning against Colorado + winning bowl game = Top 25 ranking and a great first season for Bo Pelini.

You think we will finish in the top 25 by doing all this? Maybe. I guess it depends on who we play in the bowl game. Although, I'm still amazed Georgia is ranked as high as they are after getting completely thumped twice.

It's prediction time:

After many many hours in the lab I've come to this conclusion. KU wins in a hard fought game.

Reasons:

1. Nebraska has turned the ball over 18 times this year. That is a scary stat for any ball club, especially in a game like this. KU wins the turnover battle.

2. Nebraska's receivers. As I mentioned before, they're quality players, but none of them are home run threats. Great possession receivers, but I see KU defenders giving less cushion this week and containing them. Ganz will get his 300 yars in the air, but again, the turnover factor will come into play and NU will leave many points on the field because of it.

3. Reesing. He is the gamebreaker here. He can elude the rush and wear down the Nebraska defense. He does a great job of buying time in the pocket with his feet and forcing opposing defenses to cover receivers longer.

4. The KU O-line is gelling. The running game is back and Jake Sharp is a major reason why. He has turned into a gamebreaker that can hit the homerun at any time. Look for the shovel pass to Sharp to go for huge yards.

5. Dezmond Briscoe and Kerry Meir. You can't cover these two: only hope to contain them. If KU gets down they'll go to them often, and Kerry Meir is the king of converting 3rd downs.

On the flip side, the thing that worries me is the atmosphers in memorial stadium and the emotion from both their players and fans. This is a true revenge game and it won't be easy for the Jayhawks. A win over KU would solidify this season as a sucess for Bo being it's his first year.

I see KU weathering the storm and coming away with a W for the first time since 1968. It will be a great game and I suggest if you're not going to order it on payper view.

KU 38 NU 34

JGS30

USF Beat KU 37-34. Damn that freshman kicker of theirs!! Happy now Saunders? :)

Kansas loses because ISU ran up 20 (should have been 23...stupid Chizik not kicking the field goal) unaswered points on them in the first half and made them look like total dog crap...then ISU totally disappeared in the 3rd quarter and still...playing only 3/4 of the game...almost nailed you in the end. Nebraska does not suck as hard as Iowa State and will play for 4 quarters thereby making the final score:

NU 45

KU 38

Unassailable logic my friend....

Kansas loses because ISU ran up 20 (should have been 23...stupid Chizik not kicking the field goal) unaswered points on them in the first half and made them look like total dog crap...then ISU totally disappeared in the 3rd quarter and still...playing only 3/4 of the game...almost nailed you in the end. Nebraska does not suck as hard as Iowa State and will play for 4 quarters thereby making the final score:

NU 45

KU 38

KU is a different team from when they played ISU. Spikes was still playing left tackle and Hatch was at right. Since they switched, our running game has been great. The line seems to get better with each week. We also have a different secondary (besides Stuckey) and they put together a complete game against KSU last week.

ISU has been descending since the KU game and one of their QB's left after the KU game. Nebraska doesn't suck. This will be a close game. I think turnovers will be the difference.

NU 45

KU 38

If you want to compare like opponents then we can talk about the OU VS Nebraska game last week. It was 35-0 OU at the end of the first. OU didn't pull away from KU until the 3rd quarter. It was 31-24 at the half. Both games were in Norman.

There. More logic for your crack pipe. :)

Let's see, keys to winning the game. <_< Ya, that turn over or two might be the killer for one team or the other. Hey, I just got a GREAT idea :horns2 . After we move the ball down past KU's 10 yard line, let's NOT let Castille finish the drive so he can FUMBLE THE BALL away for us :LOLtartar . Just thought that was funny :rollin .

Hey, after OU last Saturday, gotta have some fun. I think we have a very decent shot at winning this game. It is at home, both teams a pretty evenly matched (meaning both defenses are not the greatest), so the offenses should have alot of fun. I just think our offence is more prone to control the ball and keep it away from theirs. Take out OU (right now, they are just out of our league, sorry to say) and we have done a very good job at keeping other offences off of the field.

NU 38

KU 28

Oh yeah, who else is looking forward to seeing Michigan loose again this week? :w00t