next years safety play

With all the grumbling going about Asante screwing up and Thenarse not being a star just yet...how does everyone see the safety situation for next year looking like? Maybe Asante will finally live up to the hype and Thenarse finally develops the IT factor. Just a thought as both are juniors and in their first season of Bo's system and his presence for crying out loud instead of Coz!! It could be very possible that they end up our backbone next season on Defense... am I crazy or does anyone else think it could happen?

hope I don't get stamped with a link to an already covered topic...

With all the grumbling going about Asante screwing up and Thenarse not being a star just yet...how does everyone see the safety situation for next year looking like? Maybe Asante will finally live up to the hype and Thenarse finally develops the IT factor. Just a thought as bother are juniors and in their first season of Bo's system and his presence for crying out loud instead of Coz!! It could be very possible that they end up our backbone next season on Defense... am I crazy or does anyone else think it could happen?

hope I don't get stamped with a link to an already covered topic...

Calling it right now, PJ Smith will be starting by BIG XII play next year

I think their play has gotten markedly better over the past few weeks. I think next year they will be soooo much better than this year. Practicing through a bowl game will definately help. The other factor is that Bo has a lot of talented individuals redshirting this year that will push the current starters for playing time. I also think that as the D-Line goes, so goes the back 7. The improvement up front has to be a large factor in the D's improved play lately and I think the D-line will be even better next year. Turner, Suh, and Allen are great players and they have several good players to step into the other DT spot.

I really think the Defense will be far improved next year. The D-line should be our greatest strength and that will help the secondary in an enormous way. We will still be looking for an identity in the LB corps but overall i think we should have a pretty good D. If the offense can continue to put up points we could be looking at a pretty good run next year.

This isn't a pot shot and it's not intended to be one, but read an article yesterday about Bo and the recruiting and he SPECIFICALLY mentioned 2 characteristics that he was looking for, "Character and Intelligence".

I know playing safety on Bo's defenses = QB of the defense, having said that it has to drive him crazy that the weakest links on this years teams are our safeties being he was one at OSU. I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if a couple freshman start next year there.

I would love for P.J. Smith to get a decent amount of reps next year...because after next year Asante, Culbert, O'Hanlon, and Thenarse all graduate..so we need to get the younger guys some reps....

If this year is any indication at all, Bo will play a lot of players on D. All of them should see time.

which osborne twin plays safety? i read a couple weeks ago that he is absolutely tearing it up in practice this year.

Courtney.

I know one of the twins is slated to play WR, but would love to see both brothers back there at the safety slots. The Bullocks boys won me over and the Osborne brothers look very athletic and fast on their recruiting videos.

which osborne twin plays safety? i read a couple weeks ago that he is absolutely tearing it up in practice this year.

Courtney.

I know one of the twins is slated to play WR, but would love to see both brothers back there at the safety slots. The Bullocks boys won me over and the Osborne brothers look very athletic and fast on their recruiting videos.

While it sounds pretty cool, I've read recently that Steven Osborne (WR) has done very well on the scout team, so I'm assuming that's probably never going to happen.