Ok now that it's over..........tell me

I was angry the announcer on TV kept saying they should go for it!!! So after being fired up over that, and finally seeing Bo look Henery right in the eyes and ask him if he could make it, Henery nodding back in full confidence, I just KNEW he was going to make it.

I was standing in front of our huge 50' TV in my living room pretty much the entire 4th qtr anyway and BOOM he kicked it and as soon as it left his foot, I just put my hands in the air and didn't say one word. Just tried to have poise like Dr. Tom would have. After it cleared the cross bar I just snickered to myself that the announcer was dead wrong and I could imagine all the Puffs around Colorado suckin it!!

then i called my brother who was at the game with my dad and he was yelling into his phone describing the pandamonium at the stadium!

Good times.

I am lucky enough to be a foster dad to a beautiful 6yo girl who has had a very rough life, so as you can imagine my perspective on these things is a little different than some other peoples'. I call her my little girl. Sometimes she calls me Daddy, other times by my first name. And it's all good, but my heart melts a little when she calls me Daddy. Still, I am a huge Husker fan. We were all three down in the basement watching the game and my wife had to go upstairs because she could not watch it. Just as the ball was snapped back, my little girl (who was on my lap) placed her latest drawing right in front of my face. "Look Daddy", she said. Mustering all of the restraint I could manage, I gently moved her arm down and said, "That's beautiful, honey" as I watched the ball sail through the uprights. My arms flew up and she asked me if the Nebraskas got another touchdown. Yes, the Nebraskas got another touchdown. "Did they win, Daddy?". "Sure looks like it, honey." That picture is up on my refrigerator, of course.

I am lucky enough to be a foster dad to a beautiful 6yo girl who has had a very rough life, so as you can imagine my perspective on these things is a little different than some other peoples'. I call her my little girl. Sometimes she calls me Daddy, other times by my first name. And it's all good, but my heart melts a little when she calls me Daddy. Still, I am a huge Husker fan. We were all three down in the basement watching the game and my wife had to go upstairs because she could not watch it. Just as the ball was snapped back, my little girl (who was on my lap) placed her latest drawing right in front of my face. "Look Daddy", she said. Mustering all of the restraint I could manage, I gently moved her arm down and said, "That's beautiful, honey" as I watched the ball sail through the uprights. My arms flew up and she asked me if the Nebraskas got another touchdown. Yes, the Nebraskas got another touchdown. "Did they win, Daddy?". "Sure looks like it, honey." That picture is up on my refrigerator, of course.

Kids are the greatest aren't they? :clap

My dad is the reason I'm a Husker fan, as I'm sure most of you are the same. Well we got some bad news that he had cancer (lymphoma) this fall and it hit me pretty hard.

I decided that we were going to Colorado a long time ago. The awesome thing is this week we found out that he is almost clear of the cancer. Thank God for Chemotherapy. We went to Barry's and had red beers, hung out at the Marriot for the cheerleaders, got there early to watch the band and warmups, sat in my normal North End Zone seats and my Dad had chills from his first tunnell walk in 3 years.

When that kick went through it was absolute pandamonium and we got caught up in just like everybody. Totally awesome moment, best I've ever had in that stadium. After the game was over and people were clearing out I told him I loved him and he teared up, almost cried which would have been a first for him in front of me. He said he loved me too, and said thanks for bringing him to the game.

I'm just glad it isn't going to be the last game we go to together.

Sorry for the mushy story, but that was pretty emotional and significant for us.

My dad is the reason I'm a Husker fan, as I'm sure most of you are the same. Well we got some bad news that he had cancer (lymphoma) this fall and it hit me pretty hard.

I decided that we were going to Colorado a long time ago. The awesome thing is this week we found out that he is almost clear of the cancer. Thank God for Chemotherapy. We went to Barry's and had red beers, hung out at the Marriot for the cheerleaders, got there early to watch the band and warmups, sat in my normal North End Zone seats and my Dad had chills from his first tunnell walk in 3 years.

When that kick went through it was absolute pandamonium and we got caught up in just like everybody. Totally awesome moment, best I've ever had in that stadium. After the game was over and people were clearing out I told him I loved him and he teared up, almost cried which would have been a first for him in front of me. He said he loved me too, and said thanks for bringing him to the game.

Sorry for the mushy story, but that was pretty emotional and significant for us.

dude :cry you friggin made me cry u ass

That is an awesome story! What better place to make good memories! Give your Dad an extra hug for me. I'm glad he is having such good results with the chemo. (My Dad also had cancer and I'll never forget how hard it hit when he was diagnosed. )

Good for you sir. :thumbs

I was jumping up and down screaming my head off in the stands in the CU section. It was a great kick, and it was great to see the look on the CU fan's faces. I have never heard Memorial stadium louder.

I was right there with you (section 20, row 94 - even with the lower press boxes). The FG was at the other end of the stadium, and I hadn't been able to judge any of the previous ones at that end. But for that one, I saw the fans behind the posts at the north end erupt when the ball reached the top of its arc and knew we had made it. The whole stadium went completely bonkers and I never did see the refs signal. I was screaming and high fiving everybody I could reach. Greatest moment and most exciting game I have ever been to in person.

I have to say the CU fans we sat with were good sports the whole game and very funny. That kick absolutely gutted every one of them. But I felt too good to feel bad for them.

I was in the row in front of you Sect 20 row 93 seats 8-13. The CU fans weren't too bad, except for that annoying self proclaimed Indian.

On Friday I had promised my son and daughter I would take them to the amazingly boring Disney on Ice show which we seem to have attended for the past 18 years over the Thanskgiving holiday (Note to Disney On Ice - please change the god damn format...I'm tired of seeing the same show year after freakin year)...but, since the daughter loves the stupid thing I got the only tickets I could, which happened to be for 3:00 on Friday. We have to leave at 2:00 in order to wait on the highway for traffic to inch into the overpriced parking lot...and since we're in Iowa, the only sports talk I got at all was concerning what pathetic bowl the Iowa Inmates would be going to. We watch the show...I laugh real hard when the Genie from Alladin falls on his head and when one of the Chinese warriors takes out Goofy with a flying leg whip...other than that, it was boring). Finally get home after 5:30 and I say..."Great, I'll see if I can at least catch the last minute of the game." Flip on the TV and push all the millions of remote buttons I have to push in order to switch it from the Game Show Network or whatever stupid channel my kids have it set to. The picture comes on and there are a bunch of players jumping all over a skinny guy in the middle of the field and the announcers are telling me I just missed the longest field goal in Nebraska history! Oh well...at least we have instant replay, so I got to see it a couple of times...plus there is some time left. I settled in to see if the Huskers could hold out for the final couple of minutes.

I settle into my chair and watch Hawkins work...feeling a bit uneasy since all they needed to do was get close enough for a field goal (which, with CU's kicker, would be around the 5-yard line...the Colorado kicking game does truly suck a golfball through a garden hose)..to pull out a win. They were moving the ball fairly steady and stopping the clock...then a big stupid blue screen popped up to remind me that "World's Stupidest Criminals" would be on in 10 minutes! Jumped up to find the remotes and started pushing buttons again to get back to the game...got back in time to watch a replay of Suh stiff arming and then kicking Hawkins into the ground on his way for a TD....Again...at least we have instant replay.

Probably the best two plays I haven't seen all season.... <_<

On Friday I had promised my son and daughter I would take them to the amazingly boring Disney on Ice show which we seem to have attended for the past 18 years over the Thanskgiving holiday (Note to Disney On Ice - please change the god damn format...I'm tired of seeing the same show year after freakin year)...but, since the daughter loves the stupid thing I got the only tickets I could, which happened to be for 3:00 on Friday. We have to leave at 2:00 in order to wait on the highway for traffic to inch into the overpriced parking lot...and since we're in Iowa, the only sports talk I got at all was concerning what pathetic bowl the Iowa Inmates would be going to. We watch the show...I laugh real hard when the Genie from Alladin falls on his head and when one of the Chinese warriors takes out Goofy with a flying leg whip...other than that, it was boring). Finally get home after 5:30 and I say..."Great, I'll see if I can at least catch the last minute of the game." Flip on the TV and push all the millions of remote buttons I have to push in order to switch it from the Game Show Network or whatever stupid channel my kids have it set to. The picture comes on and there are a bunch of players jumping all over a skinny guy in the middle of the field and the announcers are telling me I just missed the longest field goal in Nebraska history! Oh well...at least we have instant replay, so I got to see it a couple of times...plus there is some time left. I settled in to see if the Huskers could hold out for the final couple of minutes.

I settle into my chair and watch Hawkins work...feeling a bit uneasy since all they needed to do was get close enough for a field goal (which, with CU's kicker, would be around the 5-yard line...the Colorado kicking game does truly suck a golfball through a garden hose)..to pull out a win. They were moving the ball fairly steady and stopping the clock...then a big stupid blue screen popped up to remind me that "World's Stupidest Criminals" would be on in 10 minutes! Jumped up to find the remotes and started pushing buttons again to get back to the game...got back in time to watch a replay of Suh stiff arming and then kicking Hawkins into the ground on his way for a TD....Again...at least we have instant replay.

Probably the best two plays I haven't seen all season.... <_<

D V R

I think I high fived everyone in the bar, almost knocked over the table I was sitting at, and maybe even hugged a few people (including my Bro-in-law who is a ND fan and I think was in a state of shock at the euphoria in the Bar). I may have even almost knocked zE bOp over, :dumdum , though I can't recollect. I am not sure what happened after that, I went into happiness shock I think. Thanks for the tip on how fun the NYC watch bar is zE bOp, great time had by all! :thumbs

I think I high fived everyone in the bar, almost knocked over the table I was sitting at, and maybe even hugged a few people (including my Bro-in-law who is a ND fan and I think was in a state of shock at the euphoria in the Bar). I may have even almost knocked zE bOp over, :dumdum , though I can't recollect. I am not sure what happened after that, I went into happiness shock I think. Thanks for the tip on how fun the NYC watch bar is zE bOp, great time had by all! :thumbs

Yeah, I think we were sorta falling into the table in a mutual hug fest, a few peeps piling on. Spilled my beer all over my stool.

Was watching the game with my wife, our 7 year old son, her sister, husband and their two kids (2 year old girl and 9 month old).

Not much yelling (other than at the TV on the opening 2 touchdowns by CU and at the fake field goal interception TD).

First outburst: Roy Helu's run to put us in field goal range. Had been laying on the couch all game, jumped up, yelling, high fiving...didn't take a breath...and managed to get light headed and fell over. Didn't pass out though.

2nd outburst: Ganz's sack (GOD THROW THE BALL AWAY!!!!!!) to apparently take us out of field goal range.

3rd outburst: Quiet comments...

Me: It's gonna get blocked

Bro-in-law: Yep

Me: Holy crap...

Wife: Turn, turn

Bro-in-law: Get there

Me: Holy crap...

All of us: BRURAAAHAYYAAAAYYHHAAAAHHHWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

My son: YOU'RE GOIN' DOWN!!!! (When they showed Hawkins)

4th outburst: I'm yelling SUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!! Everyone else is just yelling. It was finally enough yelling that we scared the crap out of my 2 year old niece who started crying.

NOTE: 9-month old nephew just stared at all of us like we were insane for this time span.