Bo's Approval Rating

Bo's Approval Rating  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I knew Bo would turn things around but like other's have stated on this board...I am shocked that it literally happened over night. I predicted a 7-5 season would be tops for Bo and his staff this year but he has really shocked me. I am really happy for the Seniors who finally get some closure from Coach Whatshisname, an 8-4 record, and a trip to a good bowl game. Great job Huskers!

Slightly better because I had high hopes, and still do. I have to think that Bo has had in his mind but has never said, "9 wins, I just want to start turning the program around and get things going in the right direction. At least 9 wins every year, just like the boss."

T_O_B

I thought he met and exceeded my goals. I had thought 8-4 with a trip to San Antonio back in August and he met that and it looks like we will be going to Jacksonville instead. 8-4 is what I thought and this team pretty much played about as I thought, but I was impressed with some of the adjustments that were made along the way. Watson trying to spread things out and gear towards the players' strengths, the way the defensive line has come along, and the cast of nobodies that manned the linebacker spot about as effectively as could be expected. I think a foundation has been layed and I think Pelini did a pretty damn good job.

Even during the course of the season, you can see an enormous difference in effort and ability. Heck, three months ago we couldn't run block against the San Jose State School of the Blind and now we've run for almost 900 yards in the last four games. The defense is still getting there, but jeez, this unit is so much better than last years'.

I chugged down the Kool-Aid and predicted us at 9-3, but I never actually expected that we would do that well. The 2008 version of the Big Red has vastly exceeded my expectations.

I wavered between slightly and vastly exceeding my expectations. I thought 8-4 was a possibility at the beginning of the year. What impressed me though was how they did it. It just seemed like every week a new player had to step up and play at LB or DB, this all the while keeping some really good talent redshirted. I have no idea how they pulled this off, when you think about this I think this speaks more about this staff than anything else. They can develop players, no doubt about it. The other thing I was looking for was recruiting, while the jury is still out this year I am feeling pretty good here also. Not blowing me away by any means, but if you look at what they have done, there are some really good players now commited, and who may commit by FEB, I am starting to feel really good about the direction of this program. I think the one thing a lot of people were questioning about Bo was could he recruit or get a staff that could recruit, I think he is answering that very well.

Even during the course of the season, you can see an enormous difference in effort and ability. Heck, three months ago we couldn't run block against the San Jose State School of the Blind and now we've run for almost 900 yards in the last four games. The defense is still getting there, but jeez, this unit is so much better than last years'.

I chugged down the Kool-Aid and predicted us at 9-3, but I never actually expected that we would do that well. The 2008 version of the Big Red has vastly exceeded my expectations.

You bring up a good point in regards to the OL and the rushing stats. Can we now get off of Barney's back? People were ready to string him up after the first 3 or 4 games. I think it's taken the coaches quite a while to deprogram the players from the hyberbole they were fed under the previous staff.

Bo is a good coach, he did a little better than I thought possible. 8-4 is a real step in the right direction. I still worry about is ability to control his temper. That is one of things that scared me about him the first place, I like his in your face ideas, just hope he continues to control it as he has the last couple of weeks.

Slightly better than expected was my vote. And I am damned happy about it.

I picked slightly better than expected. I was predicting a 7-5 season, but really thought 6-6 could be where we end up. So 8-4 is very nice. Its amazing to see the difference of this team from last years and even the beginning of this year. Last year if we would have gone 14 pts to CU in the 1st qtr, the game would have been over. I finally have confidence in this years team to come back and fight to the end. Overall, we beat the teams we were supposed to and lost to the ones we were supposed to. I just hope next year we continue to see the big strides and we can start contending.