DT Sione Tuihalamaka

Ohio Pete

it would be nice to see both of them go to nu but do you think they still need another linebacker

According to who it is. We definitely do not 'need' another LB, but if a guy who is high on our board decides he wants to be apart of the class we will not turn him away.

I would think we take Martin if given the chance. Seems to have the qualities Bo likes in a player.

With Norman giving-up on getting his scores higher to be here we have a definite slot for Martin.

Don't know if I like our odds on getting Sione AND his grades coming through but we do need another DT. SamIyam over on RSS says there is a JUCO-DT we've been talking to as a back-up guy.

Scores aren't good enough for Cal:

Tuihalamaka doesn't make scheduled visit

Defensive lineman Sione Tuihalamaka (Gardena, Calif./ Serra) had a visit set with Cal this past weekend but the tackle wasn't able to make it out to Berkeley.

Tuihalamaka, the DL MVP at the SoCal NIKE Camp last April, visited Arizona back in December and will still take three more trips before making his decision.

"I was supposed to visit Cal but they said my SAT score was too low," Tuihalamaka said. "Oregon wanted to move my visit up to this weekend but we couldn't get that done in time so I'm going to visit there (Jan. 23).

"This weekend I'll be visiting Nebraska and then I dropped San Jose State and I'll be taking my last visit to Washington. I had a good visit with Coach (Steve) Sarkisian and I already know Nick Holt well because I camped with USC so I'm excited to check them out."

Arizona, where Tuihalamaka's older brother Apai plays, remains a strong leader at this point.

told ya he wouldn't commit to San Jose State...but his connection to Arizona is worrisome

If we had gotten his other cousin, Simi Kuli, I doubt this is a problem. But with Vuna and Apiata already at 'Zona, it's a bit of a problem.

That's one big and talented family though. Simi Kuli, Manti Te'o, the Tuihalamaka's (Vuna, Apiata and Sione) and there is another Tuihalamaka named Lawrence who is a pretty good RB. Lawrence is going to a JUCO I think.

Theres a teaser on rivals that says "huskers take the lead?" Does anyone have any updates or can someone sum up the article? I would love to get one more d tackle in this group and move Pensick to center. That would give us four, three for sure, young talented interior defensive linemen to work with.

Rivals reports new leader after this weekends visit. Teasers:

Huskers Take Lead?

After visiting Nebraska this weekend, defensive tackle Sione Tuihalamaka came away so impressed with what he saw while in Lincoln, he has decided to name a new No. 1 school.

Tuihalamaka names leader after weekend trip

After making his first official visit of the year to Arizona, it appeared that Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra defensive tackle Sione Tuihalamaka was set to stay out West for his college days. However, this weekend, he made a visit to Nebraska and apparently it was a trip that Tuihalamaka is glad that he took.

I don't think his profile has been updated yet (still shows Arizona and Cal as leaders) and Scout doesn't have anything, yet.

My new wish list is Eric Martin, Tuihalamaka, and Esqua (spelling probably wrong). That would complete a damn good first full recruiting year for the staff.

Would you rather see Esqua or Logan committing? I would lean towards Logan, but since he is being looked at to play either DT or DE maybe we only take one between Tuihalamaka and Logan? If that is the case, then it is down to JPP and Esqua to fill in the DE slot. I would rather JPP, but Esqua seems like a good one. I agree on Martin, if he wants to come the staff needs to make room for him.

I would rather have esqua than JPP. I would rather stay away from Jucos as much as possible. We have good talent and depth and the DE position so there is no need to take a guy for two years rather than four if its not absolutely necessary. For depth and continuity I would rather have high school guys in general.