2009 starting QB

'twill be lee or spano. a couple players i know have told me that these two are tearing it up in practice and will likely start next season. they are both far more athletic than witt and both more knowledgeable about the system than green.

why any of you would leave lee out of the conversation in far beyond me, he has the most impressive history imo.

Those players need to check the depth chart. Witt played in the Gator Bowl because he's ahead of Lee. Spano is redshirting so he might be better but was on the bench this season.

I agree with those who think that Witt is not mobile enough to fit the coaches system. In fact in the college level, all offenses generally do better with a mobile QB. It sure hurt Clemson yesterday. Would we had gotten that last sack with a better running QB? Edit On the other hand, Ganz did take that sack that could had costs us the CU game.

I agree with those who think that Witt is not mobile enough to fit the coaches system. In fact in the college level, all offenses generally do better with a mobile QB. It sure hurt Clemson yesterday. Would we had gotten that last sack with a better running QB? Edit On the other hand, Ganz did take that sack that could had costs us the CU game.

Both Cody's are Bo's guys! Blow Witt up and make him a TE!

This is getting me all geeked out for Spring Ball!!!! Can it get here soon enough? I can already see the many threads overlly dissecting every single report that comes out of practice along with random contributions by "people in the know" that give the views from Bo's aquarium guy.

None of the Qb's we have now have a 1/3rd of the athletic ability Cody Green has... I dont think he will start the first few games but he will be second string....

I would love to see Witt,Lee, or Spano stand flat footed with one of those ankles or what ever it was hurt and throw the ball across the field into the stands... Now I am not saying that makes him a star but it does say he has a damn gun!!!!!!

Forgot the fumbled snaps. But the run today, anybody could have lost the ball on that hit. He'll be fine by the start of next season as long as we don't open with USC.

Witt is definitely going to have to shape up and tighten his grip on that damn ball if he wants to start next year. I was embarrassed when I saw that play against Clemson.

i hope green gets it, otherwise we will only have him as qb for 1 or maybe 2 years depending on redshirting. He is the kind of character you want to BUILD a long-term team around. Think Tommie Frazier, think Colt Mccoy, think Sam Bradford, think Tim Tebow. All examples of very young quarterbacks stepping up the plate and building a team around themselves. Thats what nebraska needs, especially now that we are starting out into the first few years after the transition. Lets get some consistency.

i hope green gets it, otherwise we will only have him as qb for 1 or maybe 2 years depending on redshirting. He is the kind of character you want to BUILD a long-term team around. Think Tommie Frazier, think Colt Mccoy, think Sam Bradford, think Tim Tebow. All examples of very young quarterbacks stepping up the plate and building a team around themselves. Thats what nebraska needs, especially now that we are starting out into the first few years after the transition. Lets get some consistency.

Kids like them are so rare around the NCAA though. It's all about finding the right fit for the right team. Let's hope whoever Bo picks next year will be that fit.