CBS Sports Blog-Disgusting Party at Nebraska

You can throw it on that writer all you want, but Andy is a moron. Andy has serious issues that he needs to clean up, but he still wants to party. If that kid doesn't get it by now, he never will.

And I notice Hunter's name is on there too. Geez. How many DUI's does that kid need before he realizes that he needs to likely stay away from alcohol?

I'm all for a kid partying and having a good time in college. But when you show a history of addiction and a problem with alcohol, I doubt I would be out partying all that much more. I especially would not be out partying with alcohol and other things when that it what got me in a massive ton of trouble to begin with.

But I'm guessing these guys lack that common sense it seems.

You can throw it on that writer all you want, but Andy is a moron. Andy has serious issues that he needs to clean up, but he still wants to party. If that kid doesn't get it by now, he never will.

And I notice Hunter's name is on there too. Geez. How many DUI's does that kid need before he realizes that he needs to likely stay away from alcohol?

:yeah

When you get repeatedly arrested for alcohol crimes you might want to to think about going sober before you get tased in an apartment complex parking lot.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

15 years later people are still ragging on LP and CP. Now this guy dredges up some party being thrown by a couple of guys who need to be in rehab. ?????????????? Reminds me of the old saying, "People who live in glass houses..." My daughter is a NE Freshman and has met a nice group of students. I've met several of them myself and there isn't one that doesn't impress me as a normal, day in day out good kid. Its time people started saying good things for a change.

Mike Freeman, who ever he may be is a muckraking idiot. I hope he sees this and has the nerve to defend his position. My guess is he doesn't have the backbone to do so.

If I've broken any board rules with this post I apologize, but I'm angry and incredibly tired of having CP and LP thrown about as examples of NE football players. Don't really know what has become of CP but LP had an incredible talent and he wasted it. He has also reaped what he has sown.

T_O_B

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

edit by rawhide: my sentiments also, no rulz broken either :)

I always just read the board, but this topic made me become a member so that I could speak up. Many of the members of this board may not realize that anyone can create a group about anything or anyone on Facebook. It's sort of like TV, just because it is on Facebook, does not mean it is true....Also, this morning's paper states that the party didn't even happen, and Andy didn't attend! Lots of kids drink too much, and as I recall he was not CONVICTED of the sexual assault or whatever it was.

To avoid getting lambasted on my first post, I will say that I agree with what you are about to say: you should not put yourself in position for these kind of charges to filed against you....but who is perfect??

We are living in the McCarthy era again aren't we? People can bring charges up on others pretty easy these days, so I wouldn't point fingers at people just because they were charged, we should wait to crucify until they have been CONVICTED. There is a big difference. I don't even know ANDY, just for the record.

Some of you jumped the gun. Might want to rethink how quickly you judge others before crucifying our own guys without the facts...

From the Lincoln Journal-Star:

LINCOLN — The weekend party plans that were posted on a popular social networking site and linked to several Nebraska football players are completely erroneous, coach Bo Pelini said Wednesday.

Speaking after his signing day press conference, Pelini took steps to quash potential rumors that may have developed from profanity-laced Facebook party invitations that mentioned and included a photo of Husker lineman Andy Christensen.

No football players were responsible for the Web site's material, Pelini said.

"I know for a fact that Andy Christensen was not involved, was not having a party, was not going to a party this weekend," Pelini said, "because whatever was posted on his Facebook page . . . was inappropriate. Our football team will not be going to such a party, and Andy Christensen had nothing to do with what was posted on that Facebook page."

Pelini said a friend of a former Husker player created the content, though he doubts that the university will take any disciplinary action.

The Facebook postings were referenced nationally on CBSSports.com, which reported that several Husker football players had accepted invitations to attend the planned party.

Christensen, concerned with the possible ramifications, approached Pelini about the situation Wednesday afternoon. But by then, Pelini said, he knew that Christensen had no part in the incident.

"It's a shame because Andy with everything that he's gone through, his name kind of got brought into this thing," Pelini said.

Last fall, Christensen was found not guilty of a sexual assault charge, but did plead guilty to resisting arrest and criminal mischief. He was granted a sixth year of eligibility, is going through winter conditioning with the Huskers and will play next season, Pelini said.