SIGNED ATH Bronson Marsh

How Bill Callahan of you to ask that question!

That's actually a compliment when it comes to talent evaluation and recruiting. :)

So are you saying this kid and Evans are superior athletes over Corey Young, Souder and Levorson??? I'm not trying to get into anything, but Cally offered ships to all of these guys that lasted a year at NU, they ended up transferring to UNO or quit football.

I guess Bo was right, he said he'd get his QB and he got him.

That's actually a compliment when it comes to talent evaluation and recruiting. :)

So are you saying this kid and Evans are superior athletes over Corey Young, Souder and Levorson??? I'm not trying to get into anything, but Cally offered ships to all of these guys that lasted a year at NU, they ended up transferring to UNO or quit football.

Not sure if Marsh is going to stay at QB...but he may get a chance if we strike out on the remaining QBs on our board.

Not sure if Marsh is going to stay at QB...but he may get a chance if we strike out on the remaining QBs on our board.

I think he will get a chance to start where he wants to...which is at QB.

But Bo thinks he will be a great safety, kind of like Taylor Martinez last year.

I'd like not to think so either, but this is a pretty WTF in my books still.

We've seen Osborne do the same with Kreik, and we've seen that some staff choices were strong recommendations rather than Bo's own guys. Candidates who wanted to bring their own entire staff (Grobe), weren't looked at, if I recall. Couple that with TO's strong public endorsements of Marsh, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if there was a lot of recommendation in this instance.

Shrug. We'll see how this turns out. Regardless of who wanted it, Bo or TO or both, it's something that likely would not have been if Bronson weren't from Nebraska. Hence my pessimism, though maybe I'm letting it go a little far.

i'm not sure where you got that idea about limits being placed on coaching candidates. in fact, i don't think the full list of candidates was ever released.

the kreik thing was unusual, but during that transitional period, tom was acting as a coach and actively recruiting kids. since bo has taken the reins, TO has said repeatedly that he only offers advice when asked. i tend to believe TO when he speaks. :koolaid2:

Really? I once heard TO on his coaches show refer to Kansas' mascot as a "chicken." It is so obviously a jayhawk, I always take TO's comments with a grain of salt now.

Welcome aboard Bronson! :boxosoap

Rivals has him as a safety and he's dang fortunate to have even a greyshirt schollie. He's in no position to bargain about preferred position. I think he goes straight to safety and hopefully works his ass off while proving his critics wrong.

Marsh was quoted in the rivals article yesterday saying he will start at QB. Bo said, "you can start wherever you want and if it doesn't work out we'll move you." Marsh responded with, "I'll start at QB."

Young, Souder and Levorson all were fantastic athletes who were absolute head cases. Souder in particular who was certifiable, literally.

Callahan was a tireless worker on the recruiting trail. If some of the absolutely lazy assistants we had hit the trail as hard as Cally and his boys did, we would be hauling in monster classes year after year.

And if you think Marsh even has a chance at QB, then I don't know what to tell you.

Marsh has about as much business with a Nebraska offer as I do.

• Fire 3

Young, Souder and Levorson all were fantastic athletes who were absolute head cases. Souder in particular who was certifiable, literally.

Callahan was a tireless worker on the recruiting trail. If some of the absolutely lazy assistants we had hit the trail as hard as Cally and his boys did, we would be hauling in monster classes year after year.

And if you think Marsh even has a chance at QB, then I don't know what to tell you.

Marsh has about as much business with a Nebraska offer as I do.

I disagree... I think Marsh may not be able to compete as a QB, but he will be a spectacular Safety. He will have an extra year and a half to learn the position and the system. WIth his toughness and Bo's teaching... he will be awesome at that position and may just be a "safety" pick up for if Corey Cooper decides to go elsewhere.

I'd like not to think so either, but this is a pretty WTF in my books still.

We've seen Osborne do the same with Kreik, and we've seen that some staff choices were strong recommendations rather than Bo's own guys. Candidates who wanted to bring their own entire staff (Grobe), weren't looked at, if I recall. Couple that with TO's strong public endorsements of Marsh, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if there was a lot of recommendation in this instance.

Shrug. We'll see how this turns out. Regardless of who wanted it, Bo or TO or both, it's something that likely would not have been if Bronson weren't from Nebraska. Hence my pessimism, though maybe I'm letting it go a little far.

i'm not sure where you got that idea about limits being placed on coaching candidates. in fact, i don't think the full list of candidates was ever released.

the kreik thing was unusual, but during that transitional period, tom was acting as a coach and actively recruiting kids. since bo has taken the reins, TO has said repeatedly that he only offers advice when asked. i tend to believe TO when he speaks. :koolaid2:

Kreikemeier was offered the day Bo was hired, right before he was officially put in place.

You probably also need to ask some elders about how Frank Solich was hired if you want another good story.

zoogies hits on alot of points. And I agree with him in his post.

I disagree... I think Marsh may not be able to compete as a QB, but he will be a spectacular Safety. He will have an extra year and a half to learn the position and the system. WIth his toughness and Bo's teaching... he will be awesome at that position and may just be a "safety" pick up for if Corey Cooper decides to go elsewhere.

You base this off of what?

Listen, this is a kid who has film that hasn't changed in the least since November. He's a kid who has been to camp here numerous times and we have seen play in person countless times. He got an offer - a greyshirt offer during the end of January. He has not one other offer to speak of. Expecting anything out of this kid more than a ST player is reaching WAY too hard.

Bo worked his magic for O'Hanlon. But he doesn't have super powers to the point that every time he offers a token kid that he can wave his magic wand and turn them into an all-conference caliber player.

Just call a spade a spade. Marsh fringe D1 prospect who is getting the benefit of the doubt quite a bit.

Save this post, and if Marsh contributes anything other than ST for us in his career, bump this thread back up and I'll GLADLY eat crow.

• Fire 2

You base this off of what?

Listen, this is a kid who has film that hasn't changed in the least since November. He's a kid who has been to camp here numerous times and we have seen play in person countless times. He got an offer - a greyshirt offer during the end of January. He has not one other offer to speak of. Expecting anything out of this kid more than a ST player is reaching WAY too hard.

Bo worked his magic for O'Hanlon. But he doesn't have super powers to the point that every time he offers a token kid that he can wave his magic wand and turn them into an all-conference caliber player.

Just call a spade a spade. Marsh fringe D1 prospect who is getting the benefit of the doubt quite a bit.

Save this post, and if Marsh contributes anything other than ST for us in his career, bump this thread back up and I'll GLADLY eat crow.

One thing I wouldn't be surprised to see in Marsh's future...weakside LB. He's already got very good speed, and he's already 6' and 200 (or 5'11). Give him the greyshirt and redshirt years to work out in this program, and you've got a 20 year old kid who still has 4 years of eligibility remaining...by that time, he very well could be in the 220-230 range, and still have plenty of athleticism. We all know how Bo likes his fast LBs.

In the end, I see him as a SS though.

Rivals has him as a safety and he's dang fortunate to have even a greyshirt schollie. He's in no position to bargain about preferred position. I think he goes straight to safety and hopefully works his ass off while proving his critics wrong.

Marsh was quoted in the rivals article yesterday saying he will start at QB. Bo said, "you can start wherever you want and if it doesn't work out we'll move you." Marsh responded with, "I'll start at QB."

My bad. Two days ago they were saying he'd be a safety, obviously I should've read the newest article.

I still think this playing him where he wants stuff is questionable though. He's lucky to be there and he's getting his way as far as position? If Bo thinks he could really be a qb then fine, give him his shot at qb. But if he thinks Marsh is a safety then don't piss around, make the kid a safety.