Big 12 opener on ESPN for 2009

Thursday night games don't get as good as ratings as weekend games.

Debatable. The Georgia/ASU Saturday night game game only drew 3.72 million for a 1.3 rating. Oregon State’s victory over USC on a Thursday night drew 6.3 Million TV viewers.

OTOH:

The Saturday Night Football telecast of Texas Tech’s 39-33 victory over then-#1 Texas averaged 8,590,000 households based on a 7.5 rating, making it the network’s fifth-most viewed regular-season college football game (and the seventh-highest rated) ever. It was the most-viewed and highest-rated game of the year on ABC.

It's possible that with a game on every night of the week, the Thursday night share of viewers get pretty diluted.

Anyway, I'm happy I won't be watching the game on the crappy FSN affiliate. Sucks if you have tickets though.

:yeah Basically you have to take off two days of work. One to tailgate and the other to recover. What a joke.

Why are all you guys worried about the Thursday night thing?

It's set for 8pm, on national tv, in Columbia. When's the last time those three factors being put together has resulted in anything good for Nebraska?

Speaking personally, selfish reasons. Saturdays are for college football. Not Thursdays. Plus, I like having a whole day to hang out with friends, watch earlier games, drink some beer, grill some food, etc. and that just isn't possible on a Thursday due to work.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Peliniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

fixed it for ya, haha

but seriously, i have no problem playing on a thursday, but i don't like playing mu on a thursday in columbia. that place will be rockin(more so than usual), and we haven't played good on the national stage, let alone a night game at mu.....

this sucks

I honestly cannot wait for this game. Intangibles aside, we all know Nebraska is the better team, and I can't wait to see Missouri fans lose on their turf. It's time Nebraska outright embarrassed someone nationally again.

Second of all, I'll bet you anything that Chase Daniel will get introduced as a special guest at the game. All the Mizzou fans will yip and holler, and then I'll hope even more that Nebraska wins so that I can see the look of utter distaste on his face.

I can't help but think of all the Husker fans that don't usually get to see them play very much, will now not have to worry about what region its being shown in. This is good for Husker fans, maybe not so for the ratings on a national level some of you want, but I'll take it any time I can see them play for free.

GBR!!! :woo:woo:woo

I can't help but think of all the Husker fans that don't usually get to see them play very much, will now not have to worry about what region its being shown in. This is good for Husker fans, maybe not so for the ratings on a national level some of you want, but I'll take it any time I can see them play for free.

GBR!!! :woo:woo:woo

:yeah I love this, it is hard to see them play when you live in NY! Anytime they are nationally televised is good for me.

I'm still going. Columbia is such a crappy town. <_<

I can proof it"s not. I alway have beer and good time with GBR sevral GBR friend before GBRgame. I mean about 10 or so GBR fan and we right nect to stadium. We eat have beer and tailgate. They have all kind red shirt hat and ever thing. Have a good time and enjoy. Never a bother. I say this before and say again. ever one need to stay away from young pup"s when go to away game. They get beer brain and act a fool. No care what school, it can be a same.

I can show you if you get to game,okay/

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.