DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

...just logged in for the first time in 24 hours. feel refreshed. had to +1 half a dozen posts that were critical of HuskerCrazy because apparently he fights back w/ the red button. Since I haven't been hit by the red button in at least 24 hours...

How do you make HuskerCrazy laugh on Saturday?

...tell him a joke on Wednesday.

I am trying to set the record for red hits. I still say he is a punk for making us hold a scholarship for him until signing day.I mean is this thing becoming some kind of game these people play for a couple weeks in the limelight.Before you buzz me. There are a lot of people rated high than him that have already declared.

Hear let me do it before you do. dedhoarse HuskerCrazy

He does have the right to his opinion, and on some level I kind of agree with him. However, these kids are taking a chance on something that will impact the rest of their lives. maybe they can't cut it and ride the pine, maybe they get injured and never play again. IF IF IF they are a silent commit and want to do it on signing day and enjoy their 15min of fame, i have no problem with that. If they have already decided, and haven't told anyone, limiting the moves we make, then that is pretty lame. Unfortunately this topic is dependent on a lot of information that we just don't have and that makes it all speculation

I'd rather talk about recruits we still have a shot at getting. (I've said my farewell to Carnes already).

I'm a bit worried about Owa though...he's more important and Mama is making her wishes known that she wants him at Oregon State. With his coach also from Oregon State, the 2 biggest influences want him to become a Beaver. Owa wants to be a Husker...does he stay home to please Mama or make his own choice?

he might as well start now, making his own decisions.....

...just logged in for the first time in 24 hours. feel refreshed. had to +1 half a dozen posts that were critical of HuskerCrazy because apparently he fights back w/ the red button. Since I haven't been hit by the red button in at least 24 hours...

I am trying to set the record for red hits. I still say he is a punk for making us hold a scholarship for him until signing day.I mean is this thing becoming some kind of game these people play for a couple weeks in the limelight.Before you buzz me. There are a lot of people rated high than him that have already declared.

You'll set that record and the record for the worst reputation. (can a MOD verify who claims the worst reputation after 10 days of the new board?) Post again so that we can all -1 you some more. Now that you've signed w/ Nevada are you going to leave our board?

On a side note, aren't you somewhere around 56 years old? Graduated in 71'? I have NEVER heard a 56 year old call a kid a punk. At 56 I could see you throwing out some racial slurs (Clint Eastwood Grand Tarino comments) but not "punk"

He does have the right to his opinion, and on some level I kind of agree with him. However, these kids are taking a chance on something that will impact the rest of their lives. maybe they can't cut it and ride the pine, maybe they get injured and never play again. IF IF IF they are a silent commit and want to do it on signing day and enjoy their 15min of fame, i have no problem with that. If they have already decided, and haven't told anyone, limiting the moves we make, then that is pretty lame. Unfortunately this topic is dependent on a lot of information that we just don't have and that makes it all speculation

I'd rather talk about recruits we still have a shot at getting. (I've said my farewell to Carnes already).

I'm a bit worried about Owa though...he's more important and Mama is making her wishes known that she wants him at Oregon State. With his coach also from Oregon State, the 2 biggest influences want him to become a Beaver. Owa wants to be a Husker...does he stay home to please Mama or make his own choice?

Links on Mom pushing him to OSU please, I haven't heard anything like that. Owa said she was fine w/ him leaving Oregon long ago. (after NU in-home)

As for Wood, even though he is an alumni, I'd bet my next paycheck he'd rather have Owa end up a top 10 draft pick 3-4 years from now playing for NU than falling into the third round w/ OSU.

Links on Mom pushing him to OSU please, I haven't heard anything like that. Owa said she was fine w/ him leaving Oregon long ago. (after NU in-home)

As for Wood, even though he is an alumni, I'd bet my next paycheck he'd rather have Owa end up a top 10 draft pick 3-4 years from now playing for NU than falling into the third round w/ OSU.

No links, just what Owa apparently told the coaches this weekend.

You'll set that record and the record for the worst reputation. (can a MOD verify who claims the worst reputation after 10 days of the new board?) Post again so that we can all -1 you some more. Now that you've signed w/ Nevada are you going to leave our board?

On a side note, aren't you somewhere around 56 years old? Graduated in 71'? I have NEVER heard a 56 year old call a kid a punk. At 56 I could see you throwing out some racial slurs (Clint Eastwood Grand Tarino comments) but not "punk"

Reputation is public, so I'm not sure we can find that information any better than you guys. That said, let's keep it civil, guys.

I'm going to disagree though. Doesn't matter what your rating is, nothing wrong with taking time to make a decision. Recruiting's a cruel game and the recruits are the victims of it more often than not. Can't feel too sorry for the school when one kid spurns their offer and they replace his spot by throwing a scholarship offer at another (maybe less talented) kid. I do feel sorry for kids who are given offers, then get theirs pulled when the school fills up their spots and then the kid is scrambling to find a place to go.

Normal high school kids have until May 1st to decide on a college, and even then, if you come off the waiting list for another school, it's perfectly OK to switch schools. I did this, and the only penalty was a nonrefundable monetary deposit to the first school. You want to choose what's right for you - that's not selfish at all, it's the right thing to do. There's so much pressure that most, especially lesser rated kids with fewer scholarship options, have to choose early or miss out on spots. If a guy has the luxury of deciding when he wants, then he's real lucky and should take full advantage of that to make a conscientious decision.

Additionally, disagree that choosing OSU means he'll fall into the lower rounds. Heck, nothing is guaranteed for him anywhere, and being on a more successful team with a more talented overall defense in the end, makes little difference. If he's a stud, he'll succeed wherever he goes. Look at Josh Freeman.

how do you know though? where did it come from? this forum? another forum? at least let me know so when he signs on Wednesday I can send a crow their way :)

how do you know though? where did it come from? this forum? another forum? at least let me know so when he signs on Wednesday I can send a crow their way :)

A friend with inside sources told me this directly. And why would they eat crow? They didn't say he's NOT coming here...what I was told is that Owa wants to be a Husker, Mama wants him to go to Oregon State. Who wins out? That is the question right now.

• Fire 1

he has publicly said that momma is NOT pushing him one way or another...

Well that was before they were in full decision making mode. Now they are, and that's what our coaches were told. Do you really think a single Mom isn't gonna let her wishes be known when her oldest child is picking his school? Again, I don't know how hard, just that she wants him to go to Oregon State. He could asked what her preference was, or if she had one. Or she may be putting a lot of pressure on him. That part we don't know. I'd just be prepared for either outcome if you don't want a disappointment come Wednesday.