DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

FYI, I'm a subscriber to the UCLA Rivals site, bruinblitz.com because that's my alma mater (though I'm still a bigger Husker fan). Optimism is overflowing on the UCLA premium message board regarding the Bruins' chances of landing all of their remaining targets (as well as stealing a couple USC commits) - that is, all except for Owa. Even the most optimistic person on the site calls it an "uphill battle" for UCLA getting Owa. I'm not sure what the feel is on the Oregon St. message board, but I would imagine it would be even less optimistic.

Rick kimbrel - the guy who runs BruinBlitz - said he spoke with Owa last night and will post a new article about the interview later today. But I'm guessing there won't be much new info in it, other than him saying he's closer to a decision and is set to announce Wednesday.

FYI- I believe that he said in the HI article that he made his decision but hasnt made it public yet and wont til wednesday.

Yes, he did say that. He also said that he hasn't told any of the coaches he has eliminated them yet because he knows it will leak out. He said that his biggest problem right now is having to tell the coaches he's gotten close to that he won't be going to their school. He intends to tell them late tuesday or early wednesday, but out of respect he will tell them before he announces.

As I mentioned earlier today, Bruinblitz.com's Rick Kimbrel wrote a story on the UCLA Rivals site based on the conversation he had with Owa last night. Kimbrel just posted the story. As expected, there's really nothing new in it. Basically Owa says that he has made a decision and is excited to announce it Wednesday. He said the recruiting process has surprised him, but it has also really matured him. He also reiterated how he made a pros/cons list for each of the final three schools that came out dead even. So he said he based his decision on his heart. He said he chose the school where he knows he'll be happy for the next 4/5 years.

• Fire 2

Somethings really starting to worry me. I'm trying to figure out why UCLA has remained in his top 3 for so long. Oregon st and Oregon were obvious because its close to home and Nebraska makes sense because of fan support and his potential to be a star on an outstanding defense, but now I'm starting to worry that UCLA is still around because maybe that's the school where his heart is set on and not Nebraska.

I'm just throwing that out there and hoping somebody will shoot me down.

As I mentioned earlier today, Bruinblitz.com's Rick Kimbrel wrote a story on the UCLA Rivals site based on the conversation he had with Owa last night. Kimbrel just posted the story. As expected, there's really nothing new in it. Basically Owa says that he has made a decision and is excited to announce it Wednesday. He said the recruiting process has surprised him, but it has also really matured him. He also reiterated how he made a pros/cons list for each of the final three schools that came out dead even. So he said he based his decision on his heart. He said he chose the school where he knows he'll be happy for the next 4/5 years.

I was about to PM you reguarding that article on the UCLA site. Thanks for the info.

With that said about "going with his heart" you have to think that we are in a brilliant position to win his pledge.

• Fire 1

I was about to PM you reguarding that article on the UCLA site. Thanks for the info.

With that said about "going with his heart" you have to think that we are in a brilliant position to win his pledge.

:yeah

No kidding. How many times over the last few weeks have we heard, Owa's heart is in Lincoln.....? A lot.

Somethings really starting to worry me. I'm trying to figure out why UCLA has remained in his top 3 for so long. Oregon st and Oregon were obvious because its close to home and Nebraska makes sense because of fan support and his potential to be a star on an outstanding defense, but now I'm starting to worry that UCLA is still around because maybe that's the school where his heart is set on and not Nebraska.

I'm just throwing that out there and hoping somebody will shoot me down.

Look at it the way I do...Nebraska is waaay further from oregon (in many ways) than UCLA. For him to hint that distance from home isnt an issue anymore, then I lean towards that meaning us. :dunno

Here's how it'll go down. OO will blow by the fat Tackle lined up in front of him, throw a swim move on the RB held in to protect, and flatten the QB before he's finished his seven-step drop.

Announcer: And that's another sack by Owa Odighi--

Crowd: ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUWAAAAAAA!!!!

And there was much rejoicing.

:bonez

So if Owa signs on Wednesday...

What are we going to cheer at the games next fall?

you guys vote:

It'd sound something like "Ohh-Waaaa, Ohh-Waaaa, Ohh-Waaaa"

Better yet, listen to the clip below between the 0:08 - 0:26 second mark. That's exactly how I imagine the chant to sound like.

haha... that's nice I like it. Maybe they can play that video too, or better yet... get Naz to wear a husker throw back with Owa's jersey on it, and re-film a version for Owa... it would electrify the student section and the team if that happened. Can you imagine the scene... pure awesomeness!