DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

I know that this site is going to be really bogged down tomorrow around 11:30pst, I was wondering if there will be a separate thread for Owa and Coopers actual decision so we don't have to sift through pre and post reaction to find out where he's going? If not, I'd like to suggest to the mods that we do.

What are the odds we crash the site tommorrow? I say it is better than 75% chance.

Rivals has teaser headline saying Owa has made decision. Did he acutally announce? Anybody got the info?

Old news.

He made his decision but has not yet informed anyone of it. He will call the coaches of each team and let them know about his decision tonight.

Thanks! Wasn't sure if this was actually news. Someone on another board made a comment that he had commited to OSU (not a reliable source), and then I saw the headline.

Well that's your problem right there.

:lol: :lol:

I am dieing to know what people think on the UCLA boards Huskerbruin. Care to share????

I only really spend time on HuskerBoard and BruinBlitz (UCLA's Rivals board); so I can only tell you the sentiment going around on that board. Generally it's pretty spotty, with some folks saying they are still feeling good that Owa will be a Bruin, a few saying he is going to OSU or NU, and most saying they have no idea where he'll go. One thing they talk about is the fact that UCLA is the only school Owa hasn't dropped at some point in his final three. I don't know how significant that is, but it's a source of hope for them when they read the experts predict Owa to Lincoln. But I can say that they are far less confident about their chances with Owa today than they were a couple of weeks ago. To be honest, they are spending more of their time discussing other recruits that they are battling over with U$C and Stanford.

As a completely unrelated side note, my wife gave me a bit of a scare today. Though I'm typically not a superstitious guy at all, my wife chose today to announce to our family and friends that the middle name of our first child (a boy due in April) will be "Bruin" (we met at UCLA and she was a UCLA swimmer). When I saw her email announcement my first thought was, "Oh no! I hope this isn't some kind of an omen about Owa's decision tomorrow! Why couldn't she have waited two more days?" That's just an example of how maladjusted my priorities are this time of year. :facepalm:

I know that this site is going to be really bogged down tomorrow around 11:30pst, I was wondering if there will be a separate thread for Owa and Coopers actual decision so we don't have to sift through pre and post reaction to find out where he's going? If not, I'd like to suggest to the mods that we do.

What are the odds we crash the site tommorrow? I say it is better than 75% chance.

I'd say about 99% chance. I have to access the site via my PDA and it frickin takes forever. I'm already afraid I'm going to have to find out when my dumb friends (who are Husker haters) start texting me because that'll mean that he's not N. If he's N I won't get any texts.

Rivals has teaser headline saying Owa has made decision. Did he acutally announce? Anybody got the info?

Old news.

He made his decision but has not yet informed anyone of it. He will call the coaches of each team and let them know about his decision tonight.

Thanks! Wasn't sure if this was actually news. Someone on another board made a comment that he had commited to OSU (not a reliable source), and then I saw the headline.

I am dieing to know what people think on the UCLA boards Huskerbruin. Care to share????

I only really spend time on HuskerBoard and BruinBlitz (UCLA's Rivals board); so I can only tell you the sentiment going around on that board. Generally it's pretty spotty, with some folks saying they are still feeling good that Owa will be a Bruin, a few saying he is going to OSU or NU, and most saying they have no idea where he'll go. One thing they talk about is the fact that UCLA is the only school Owa hasn't dropped at some point in his final three. I don't know how significant that is, but it's a source of hope for them when they read the experts predict Owa to Lincoln. But I can say that they are far less confident about their chances with Owa today than they were a couple of weeks ago. To be honest, they are spending more of their time discussing other recruits that they are battling over with U$C and Stanford.

As a completely unrelated side note, my wife gave me a bit of a scare today. Though I'm typically not a superstitious guy at all, my wife chose today to announce to our family and friends that the middle name of our first child (a boy due in April) will be "Bruin" (we met at UCLA and she was a UCLA swimmer). When I saw her email announcement my first thought was, "Oh no! I hope this isn't some kind of an omen about Owa's decision tomorrow! Why couldn't she have waited two more days?" That's just an example of how maladjusted my priorities are this time of year. :facepalm:

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your future son. :)

Owamagbe Odighizwa, National Signing Day’s tongue twister, is tight-lipped about his choice of schools between Oregon State, Nebraska and UCLA.

But is Nebraska the choice for the 5-star defensive end from Portland?

All were left to do is speculate, put two and two together to come up with 5-star in these 24 hours before Signing Day. But here’s a tweet from a reputable newspaperman, Paul Buker of the Oregonian, who likewise is speculating on Odighizuwa’s intentions:

@pnbuker: Is Odighizuwa Nebraska-bound? Well, the paper in Omaha is sending a writer to cover kid's announcement at David Douglas HS, so ....

Newspapers being what they are today, typically in penny-pinching, cut-cut-cut mode, you wouldn’t think it would send a reporter on a 1,500-mile road trip unless they had pretty good information.

don't know if this was posted already. sorry if it has. the info is from this site. Don't how reputable that guy is.

• Fire 1

Owamagbe Odighizwa, National Signing Day’s tongue twister, is tight-lipped about his choice of schools between Oregon State, Nebraska and UCLA.

All were left to do is speculate, put two and two together to come up with 5-star in these 24 hours before Signing Day. But here’s a tweet from a reputable newspaperman, Paul Buker of the Oregonian, who likewise is speculating on Odighizuwa’s intentions:

@pnbuker: Is Odighizuwa Nebraska-bound? Well, the paper in Omaha is sending a writer to cover kid's announcement at David Douglas HS, so ....

Newspapers being what they are today, typically in penny-pinching, cut-cut-cut mode, you wouldn’t think it would send a reporter on a 1,500-mile road trip unless they had pretty good information.

don't know if this was posted already. sorry if it has. the info is from this site. Don't how reputable that guy is.

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Not sure what to think of this though. Owa said he plans to tell the coaches tomorrow morning.....maybe he's told ours but who knows.

They're just going off of the same speculation, rumors, and "insider info" that the rest of us are. Since Owa just made his final decision last night, I doubt they know anything for sure.

Old news.

One thing they talk about is the fact that UCLA is the only school Owa hasn't dropped at some point in his final three. I don't know how significant that is, but it's a source of hope for them when they read the experts predict Owa to Lincoln.

I pointed that out a little while ago and it really has me worried. It could mean that his heart has been with UCLA and he's tried to talk himself into the other schools for various reasons. He also keeps in regular contact with several UCLA recruits. Los Angeles would be a great place for him to live, but I've been to UCLA games their gameday atmosphere is embarrassing.

That's pretty interesting. Most newspapers wouldn't send someone halfway across the US for something like this, but most newspapers don't cover Husker Football.

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Not sure what to think of this though. Owa said he plans to tell the coaches tomorrow morning.....maybe he's told ours but who knows.

who then by way of a well placed source in the program told the paper in Omaha what happened....... sounds good to me... but so far it only sounds good... we'll see what happens..

who then by way of a well placed source in the program told the paper in Omaha what happened....... sounds good to me... but so far it only sounds good... we'll see what happens..