DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

FYI, I'm a subscriber to the UCLA Rivals site, bruinblitz.com because that's my alma mater (though I'm still a bigger Husker fan). Optimism is overflowing on the UCLA premium message board regarding the Bruins' chances of landing all of their remaining targets (as well as stealing a couple USC commits) - that is, all except for Owa. Even the most optimistic person on the site calls it an "uphill battle" for UCLA getting Owa. I'm not sure what the feel is on the Oregon St. message board, but I would imagine it would be even less optimistic.

Rick kimbrel - the guy who runs BruinBlitz - said he spoke with Owa last night and will post a new article about the interview later today. But I'm guessing there won't be much new info in it, other than him saying he's closer to a decision and is set to announce Wednesday.

About 6 pages back it was stated when we reach 2323 posts we would find out where Owa is going only 149 more chuckleshuffle

That was back when we were all guessing what post # would confirm he was in. I picked 2323 as my guess. It really isn't that magical unless you believe in the suspicions around the number 23.

I am starting to get worried that we might exceed it so everyone chill out. ;)

I don't think we ever discussed the prize. Do I get to pat myself on the back?

Per ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/notebook?page=notebook/signingdaypreview2010

Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, Portland, Ore./David Douglas

Player rank (position rank): 17 (2)

There is confidence in Lincoln, Neb., that Odighizuwa will follow in the footsteps of another great Portland defensive lineman, Ndamukong Suh, and head to Nebraska. Oregon, UCLA, Oregon State and others are also finalists.

Projection: Nebraska | Confidence: High

• Fire 1

FYI, I'm a subscriber to the UCLA Rivals site, bruinblitz.com because that's my alma mater (though I'm still a bigger Husker fan). Optimism is overflowing on the UCLA premium message board regarding the Bruins' chances of landing all of their remaining targets (as well as stealing a couple USC commits) - that is, all except for Owa. Even the most optimistic person on the site calls it an "uphill battle" for UCLA getting Owa. I'm not sure what the feel is on the Oregon St. message board, but I would imagine it would be even less optimistic.

Rick kimbrel - the guy who runs BruinBlitz - said he spoke with Owa last night and will post a new article about the interview later today. But I'm guessing there won't be much new info in it, other than him saying he's closer to a decision and is set to announce Wednesday.

FYI- I believe that he said in the HI article that he made his decision but hasnt made it public yet and wont til wednesday.

Five Rivals recruiting analysts posted up their predictions on where they think Owa will end up.

Jeremy Crabtree = Nebraska

Mike Farrell = Nebraska

Jamie Newberg = Nebraska

Bart Simmons = Nebraska

Greg Ladky = UCLA

Who is this Gred Ladky guy??

The thing about that is, I don't think the insiders mind if they reach a consensus on a big high profile recruit like this, then all get it wrong. Then it's a "Decision Day Stunner" and it's big news and something to be talked about.

It's the random gems that come from left field they probably relish being right on more.

• Fire 1

Five Rivals recruiting analysts posted up their predictions on where they think Owa will end up.

Jeremy Crabtree = Nebraska

Mike Farrell = Nebraska

Jamie Newberg = Nebraska

Bart Simmons = Nebraska

Greg Ladky = UCLA

Who is this Gred Ladky guy??

Greg Ladky

Reporter / Managing Producer

A native "Cheesehead," Greg Ladky was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wis. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame. He was a 4-year play-by-play broadcaster and analyst for WVFI, ND's student body radio station, and exclusive home of Notre Dame football on the Internet. From there, Greg moved to Hopkinsville, Ken., as a sports anchor and reporter for WKAG-TV, where he fell in love with High School sports. He also covered the Tennessee Titans, University of Kentucky, and University of Tennessee Athletics. In addition, Greg has been a certified professional bartender for five years.

The thing about that is, I don't think the insiders mind if they reach a consensus on a big high profile recruit like this, then all get it wrong. Then it's a "Decision Day Stunner" and it's big news and something to be talked about.

It's the random gems that come from left field they probably relish being right on more.

Yeah, you make a great point. They don't mind that at all, because then it's like "no one saw that coming?!"

The expectations are getting too high....we all thought Carnes was N a few days ago and that didn't even pan out. I don't like surprises!

the BIGGEST quote of the article from rivals said something along the lines, directly from Owa's mouth...

"LOCATION IS NO LONGER A FACTOR IN MY DECISION..."

IMO, He's N 100%

If it was a distance issue, I think UO would of been a better fit for him. So we are in good shape on the distance issue.

I like the fact the 4 out of 5 Rivals guys picked NU over the two other finalists.

the BIGGEST quote of the article from rivals said something along the lines, directly from Owa's mouth...

IMO, He's N 100%

If it was a distance issue, I think UO would of been a better fit for him. So we are in good shape on the distance issue.

I like the fact the 4 out of 5 Rivals guys picked NU over the two other finalists.

4 out of 5 dentists recommend sugarless Trident gum........

IMO, He's N 100%

4 out of 5 dentists recommend sugarless Trident gum........

Well....is that what you chew?

IMO, He's N 100%

It's never ever ever 100% until the LOI is signed. Even our solid commitments are not 100% at this point. Maybe 99.9%. Is Owa the same 100% that Carnes was when you said he was a silent commit? Nothing is certain, and personally I don't know why Owa would want to announce Nebraska in front of a bunch or Oregon St. and Oregon fans. I have no idea what he will do, but I don't see one bit of hard evidence to suggest he is any more than a Nebraska lean at best.

• Fire 1