DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

So he says Oregon wins for location (obviously), UCLA wins for academics, and Nebraska wins for defense. I like these odds. Consider the emphasis Nebraska puts on academics and the number of academic all-americans we've turned out (more than any other school if memory serves me correct), after our in home with his Mom, Owa will be 100% sold.

:restore In the entire Big XII (none of this north talk.....)

lets hope your right........

:restore :restore :restore

So he says Oregon wins for location (obviously), UCLA wins for academics, and Nebraska wins for defense. I like these odds. Consider the emphasis Nebraska puts on academics and the number of academic all-americans we've turned out (more than any other school if memory serves me correct), after our in home with his Mom, Owa will be 100% sold.

I agree with the creepy cat faced avatar guy. Damn it skers, that thing still creeps me out bro. :moreinteresting

corndancer.gifkoolaid2.gifsnacks.gifw00t.gif

Might be some very good news headed our way on Owa smile.gif

Well . . . out with it!!!! eek3dance.gif

The rumor I heard was that he told UCLA he will not be signing with them. Just a rumor at this point though.

Same that I saw, at this point I would not be shocked to see Cooper and Owa N by the end of the weekend if not sooner.

The rumor I heard was that he told UCLA he will not be signing with them. Just a rumor at this point though.

Same that I saw, at this point I would not be shocked to see Cooper and Owa N by the end of the weekend if not sooner.

We will see.

But the only thing that gets me is IF he DID have an in home tonight with UCLA that why would he make them fly all the way to Portland just to tell them in his living room that he will not be attending UCLA.

We will see.

But the only thing that gets me is IF he DID have an in home tonight with UCLA that why would he make them fly all the way to Portland just to tell them in his living room that he will not be attending UCLA.

Maybe he let them know before but told them they could come still come see him face to face if they so desired? Just hypothesizing.

We will see.

Not sure. Maybe it has to do with academics? Didn't you or someone else say that UCLA didn't have the degree he was looking for?

We will see.

Not sure. Maybe it has to do with academics? Didn't you or someone else say that UCLA didn't have the degree he was looking for?

Yes. I read that somewhere. Cant for the life of me remember where exactly I read it or heard it but some posters on HI were saying it as well.

No offense but before you make the Academic All-American Comment that NU fan love to throw out. Comparing UCLA academics to NU academics is not even close. UCLA is yearly ranked in the top 5 while nebraska floats from 20 to 50. Also we were the school that was most oppossed to raising academic athletic scholarship standards.

Alright. Time for one of those "do the math" posts.

Facts:

-He said that it would be NU if it was his choice

-his mom changed her tune and told him to "follow his heart"

-HE NEVER DROPPED US FROM CONSIDERATION to be honest. Rivals mistake

Reported from another board:

-it isnt looking good for Oregon

Rumor on this very board:

-He told UCLA that he will not be signing with them this February

I realize it is speculation but if all of the above is true he is a husker.

No offense but before you make the Academic All-American Comment that NU fan love to throw out. Comparing UCLA academics to NU academics is not even close. UCLA is yearly ranked in the top 5 while nebraska floats from 20 to 50. Also we were the school that was most oppossed to raising academic athletic scholarship standards.

Does my post say anything about Nebraska being a better academic school than UCLA? I even wrote UCLA wins in academics cause I agree with his quote. I simply stated the stat that NU fans love to throw out. It's a true statement. I know UCLA is a better academic school....it's pretty obvious. But we trying to sell our school and not UCLA, right?

I could be wrong here but weren't we the school against lowering the number of scholarships a school could accept in a given class? Something that has nothing to do with academic standards?

Another rumor to float by you guys. Scanning the UCLA boards, I found this...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=12&f=1738&t=5493965

Poster says a source told him there "may be trouble in paradise." He worded it oddly, but the hopes continue to build for Husker Nation... :restore:restore:restore

Also, interesting Oregon board take on things here:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=128&f=1423&t=5495036

Sorry- trying to keep you guys busy while we wait for news.