SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

So when will we know for sure?

Bryan Munson just told Mike'l and Kevin on the radio that Heard has to re-take the exam again. Munson's not feeling confident about Heard making it to campus.

I was worried about that . . . positive reports to the contrary. :(

Bryan Munson just told Mike'l and Kevin on the radio that Heard has to re-take the exam again. Munson's not feeling confident about Heard making it to campus.

that's pretty disappointing, but hopefully he'll realize this is his last shot to avoid junior college, put extra effort into improving and pull through. he's certainly not that far off.

this would be a serious blow to our recruiting class and would make aaron green's recruitment all the more important.

that's pretty disappointing, but hopefully he'll realize this is his last shot to avoid junior college, put extra effort into improving and pull through. he's certainly not that far off.

this would be a serious blow to our recruiting class and would make aaron green's recruitment all the more important.

I wouldn't say a serious blow. We don't need him this year. As for future depth, if there is one position that a freshman can come in and contribute right away it is running back (i.e. Rex and DTR). If he doesn't make it, I would like to see us take two this year though.

I wouldn't say a serious blow. We don't need him this year. As for future depth, if there is one position that a freshman can come in and contribute right away it is running back (i.e. Rex and DTR). If he doesn't make it, I would like to see us take two this year though.

he's a great prospect. there's no guarantee we'll get one as good for 2011 or that a true freshman will be ready to handle all of the responsibilities of an IB.

as for this year, you're probably right, but considering the injury parade we saw at IB last year, i'd just as soon be 4 deep. you'd hope that jones or ward can be sufficient as the 4th back, but neither showed much in limited time last season.

losing heard wouldn't be as big as losing, say, hardrick or rome, but i'd just as soon have a running back with his talent on the squad.

my understanding is he didn't get the grades he hoped for. If he would have got the grades he hoped for, he would have made it, but he didn't. So now he's got to improve his test scores to make it up on the sliding scale.

Keep in mind the scale only counts Core classes, electives such as PE or similar classes have no bearing on being NCAA eligible on the sliding scale. With that said, Braylon should be able to take at least one course in summer school to replace a poor grade which would possibly get him in, as would improving his ACT\SAT.

I think he ultimately will make it to campus, but he's sure cutting it close. Good luck.

Does anyone know the latest with Mr. Heard?

He has reported that he will be at Nebraska in July... I have heard "no pun intended" that Braylon didn't make his B's he needed to make in school so he's taking a summer school class and retaking the SAT to try to qualify... he's basically on the boarder... he'll either barely qualify and slide in to Lincoln sometime in July or he'll barely miss the cut and go to a Juco.

We won't know for sure until his summer school grades come back but it's not looking too good.

He has reported that he will be at Nebraska in July... I have heard "no pun intended" that Braylon didn't make his B's he needed to make in school so he's taking a summer school class and retaking the SAT to try to qualify... he's basically on the boarder... he'll either barely qualify and slide in to Lincoln sometime in July or he'll barely miss the cut and go to a Juco.

We won't know for sure until his summer school grades come back but it's not looking too good.

Not too worried, we'll have Aaron Green breaking ankles by the time Braylon sees a snap.

Not too worried, we'll have Aaron Green breaking ankles by the time Braylon sees a snap.

You confident about Aaron?

You confident about Aaron?

I am not an expert but looking at Braylon's film and Aaron's film they look very similar in measureables as well as speed and ability but only one is a NU player. We need to hope Braylon makes it since there is no guarantee that Aaron will ever commit to NU. Braylon can be the next Aaron and he is already committed to NU. I think we shouldn't assume anyone will make us forget a top 5 RB recruit when they haven't even committed verbally.

So IF Braylon doesn't make it... and ends up going to a JUCO for a year... would it really hurt us if he red shirted there, got his grades up, packed on some muscle, and then came to NU next year with 4 to play 4 (like Baptiste is)?

I mean, the kid can ball... and a lot of RB's come in and play without a RS anyways, especially if he is as highly rated and talented as Braylon. Say we don't get Aaron Green and we get Braylon next year... I still don't think we lose too bad. I mean yeah we want Aaron, but taking Braylon Next year wouldn't be so bad.

But once again, if Braylon has to go the juco route he's no longer a recruit and we would have to recruit him again and get him to sign again. And as unfortunate as it is, there is no guarantee that he would decide to come to Nebraska again. Heck, there could be some teams who really kicked themselves for not recruiting Braylon hard enough and once he goes juco(if) he would be free to be recruited again. He may get an offer he likes better that he didn't get last time. Let's just hope and wish Braylon the best that he can make it in this year since he is signed, and just take what we get next year whether Aaron decides to come here or not.