SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

I think if he is as good as people say he is, you get him on the field as soon as possible. They say his running style is unique, that could be a nice change of pace. You also have to think about a life span of a running back in the NFL which is not very long compaired to other positions in the league. Usually the top running backs want to come out their Junior year so that have that extra year in the NFL. If this kid ends up being an NFL caliber running back he's not going to want to stick around til after his RS/5th year Senior season.

Agree. I also don't think the coaches force players to redshirt. We shouldn't assumed that it's 100% the coaches decision. They can influence and pursuade, but ultimately you are asking the kid to give up another year of his life for the program. That's not something that is just decided in practice like running laps. It's a cooperative decision between coach and player. If the player does not wish to redshirt, he won't. He might not get any playing time and take the redshirt in the end anyway - but ultimately it's up to him. It's no different the other way around...it is discussed and evaluated prior to taking a redshirt away from a kid mid-season. It's not just a snap judgement in the middle of the game - though sometimes it may seem that way. It was discussed beforehand, probably when the decision was made to redshirt in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

He added 1 point to his score, he either has to raise it one more point or get all B's this semester, he will be taking the ACT again.

Thanks for clarifying. My source told me he hit the target number, which I assumed was 18. Good to know he'll take it again though.

am i missing something? people on here (but on Rivals especially) seem to be pumped about Heard getting a 17, so now he only needs a B average to make it to Lincoln. i for one think thats awful news. he needed an 18 and hes set in stone to come to Nebraska, but he takes all these ACT practice courses and raises it only 1 point?? now we have to wait until the middle of May to find out if our best recruit will even make it. i wonder if anyone else sees this as bad news rather than good

• Fire 1

am i missing something? people on here (but on Rivals especially) seem to be pumped about Heard getting a 17, so now he only needs a B average to make it to Lincoln. i for one think thats awful news. he needed an 18 and hes set in stone to come to Nebraska, but he takes all these ACT practice courses and raises it only 1 point?? now we have to wait until the middle of May to find out if our best recruit will even make it. i wonder if anyone else sees this as bad news rather than good

Actually, I just find it odd that a guy's personal information is being posted on a message board. I don't want anyone posting my ACT score or the length of any body parts etc. for the world to see.

Okay, I can see it is killing you now. 15, but I'm not telling you my ACT score! Hey Bray, number 33 is C. Hope that helps. :sarcasm