SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

His speed is something else; real football speed, too. He's definitely got that "extra gear". The disparity in his ratings could come from the fact that it looks like he relies almost completely on that speed and might not have developed much in the way of vision or elusiveness, which could turn some scouts off.

Personally, I think he deserves the 4 star rating. He can be coached up into a monster.

Everyone keeps saying we are stacked at rb but I don't think we are overly stacked at all. Helu is going to be a senior and burkhead and tray are going to be sophmores. mendoza is more of a situational/3rd down back, okafor might not even stick it out with NU and Ward (although I think he's better than tray) doesn't seem to fully get the pass pro aspect. We have a lot of bodies at RB but not a lot that would even crack the three deep at places like texas, ou or florida. Heard, Burkhead and Green are the types of playmakers we need to beat the best on a consistent basis.

It looks like the future will be our defense and running game against Mizzou's 90 WRs.

Put it this way, if we continue producing Top 5 scoring defenses year in, year out, then all we would need is a competent O against BCS caliber teams. This year's Alabama team is a prime example. They aren't considered "world beaters" on offense, but they played a consistent clutch style offensive game plan when it counted most (see Va.Tech, LSU & Auburn games).

I'd be okay with that. That's really how this season should've turned out for us. We were one big play shy in 3 of those losses this year. It should've been a 12-1 year.

Everyone keeps saying we are stacked at rb but I don't think we are overly stacked at all. Helu is going to be a senior and burkhead and tray are going to be sophmores. mendoza is more of a situational/3rd down back, okafor might not even stick it out with NU and Ward (although I think he's better than tray) doesn't seem to fully get the pass pro aspect. We have a lot of bodies at RB but not a lot that would even crack the three deep at places like texas, ou or florida. Heard, Burkhead and Green are the types of playmakers we need to beat the best on a consistent basis.

We will be stacked by the time the fall gets here.

Burkhead and Tray came in and contributed as TRUE FRESHMAN having never stepped into a college weight program before this summer. It normally takes THE AVERAGE FRESHMAN a couple years to be Big 12 football ready.

Burkhead and Tray came in and contributed as TRUE FRESHMAN having never stepped into a college weight program before this summer. It normally takes THE AVERAGE FRESHMAN a couple years to be Big 12 football ready.

Where does Okafor fit into all of this? Is he improving any? I know he quit for a short spell and came back, but has he shown any will or desire to step up?

Where does Okafor fit into all of this? Is he improving any? I know he quit for a short spell and came back, but has he shown any will or desire to step up?

I'll be surprised if Okafor is still here in the Fall. He is currently behind a two true frosh, a rs-frosh, and a walk-on.

Oh, and great to have Braylon in, he'll be a huge addition to this class.

What he decommited from another school how what could he possibly be thinking. His parents are just terrible how could they let that happen! They have no moral values and they are absolutely worthless.

Same thing that was being said about Gabbert when he decommited but I don't see this on the board about Heard. Ohhhh I see he committed to N well that make all the difference in the world.

I dont agree with us throwing his parents under the bus. But I will say that Tyler Gabbert brought on all the shots he takes around here on himself. You dont make all the statements he did about being 100% committed to NU and then do what he did. Oh, you also dont contact NU committed kids and try to sway them away from NU. The word is that Gabbert and Carter tried that on Quincy Enunwa. They didnt try to get him to commit to MU; just decommit from NU.

Wow I didn't know that, I just assumed that MU was trying to get Enunwa to commit to them. That is really bs IMO. I really really hope that Pinkle's Staff had nothing to do with this effort.