Vince Young better than Tommie Fraizer???

Dixon still got 17 first-place votes for the Heisman even though he played only three-fourths of the season. But he was not better than Young, who led Texas to the national championship in 2005. Young was college football's most dominant individual since Georgia's Herschel Walker, and Young is my choice for the best college football quarterback ever.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=931478

This is coming from an author from Rivals.com and he stated that he thinks that Vince Young is the best QB ever! I don't mean to come off bias just because I'm a Husker fan but did this guy ever remember watching any football games of Tommie Frazier. Frazier missed most of the 94' season with a blood clot in his knee but yet came back for the Championship game to beat Miami. Serious thats pretty good to miss most of the season (Missed 9 games and was off for about 12-14 weeks off the field) to come back like he never missed any games to beat Miami in the biggest game of the year and Fraziers career.

Does this guy remember the 95' season and the way Tommie embarrassed Florida (We were the underdogs in this game too) and having a 75 yd touchdown run while shaking off 6-7 tackles.

I seriously think that this guy is only thinking about the one game Vince had against USC and thats it. I don't think that Vince Young is the best QB ever.

Lets hear your thoughts.....

Dixon still got 17 first-place votes for the Heisman even though he played only three-fourths of the season. But he was not better than Young, who led Texas to the national championship in 2005. Young was college football's most dominant individual since Georgia's Herschel Walker, and Young is my choice for the best college football quarterback ever.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=931478

This is coming from an author from Rivals.com and he stated that he thinks that Vince Young is the best QB ever! I don't mean to come off bias just because I'm a Husker fan but did this guy ever remember watching any football games of Tommie Frazier. Frazier missed most of the 94' season with a blood clot in his knee but yet came back for the Championship game to beat Miami. Serious thats pretty good to miss most of the season (Missed 9 games and was off for about 12-14 weeks off the field) to come back like he never missed any games to beat Miami in the biggest game of the year and Fraziers career.

Does this guy remember the 95' season and the way Tommie embarrassed Florida (We were the underdogs in this game too) and having a 75 yd touchdown run while shaking off 6-7 tackles.

I seriously think that this guy is only thinking about the one game Vince had against USC and thats it. I don't think that Vince Young is the best QB ever.

Lets hear your thoughts.....

VY rushed for over 1000 yards, passed for 3000 and 30 TDs. Frazier played in 3 straight MNC games, losing one and winning 2. That is better than VY. I saw VY at Madison and up. 95 NU was better than Texas, especially on defense and running game, but UT could pass and NU didn't need to.

Tommie FRAZIER - Commanded the offense for 4 years and played in 3 NC games - vy was F**KED UP until his junior year - FRAZIER hands down!!!!

He was off and on his sophomore year, but did great vs Michigan in Rose Bowl. Frazier is the best, 4 year starter, 3 MNC games, 2 MNCs and QB for GREATEST team ever!

Tommie FRAZIER - Commanded the offense for 4 years and played in 3 NC games - vy was F**KED UP until his junior year - FRAZIER hands down!!!!

Ummmm I forgot what we were talking about here....SouthbayHuskers avatar distracted me :lol:

I agree 150% with what you just said. I think that VY was only a two year starter because I believe that he was behind Chris Simms but you can't take anything away from Frazier who was a 4 yr started who played very little in the 94' season because of an injury but bounced back to win the Title game and he was in 3 straight NC bowl games and brought two of them back home to Lincoln.

Nothing against VY but i think there are several other great QB's that I would place infront of VY.

I think this author was either high at the time when he wrote this or was drinking too much of that Vince Young Kool-aid.

in reality, most people think that VY was the best qb ever. within the last 2 season ESPN did a run down of all time great college football players and VY was somewhere in the top 20 whereas TF did not even make their list...

TFs main knock is that his teams were so dominant! if we had struggled with florida instead of blowing them out of the water, TF would be considered one of the top 2 qbs in history imo. but since we utterly destroyed them, he is looked at as a qb that lead an offense that was so good it would have won that game even without him. also another knock was that most people mistakenly believe that he could not pass, no matter how wrong that is it is the perception because of how good we were at running so how could we have a qb that could run and pass?

i agree that TF is the best qb in college football history, but most people will disagree because of the recentness of VY and the wisdom that i have bestowed upon you above!

Both were great QBs. Personally, I sacrilegiously give a slight edge to Young. Frazier led his team to championships. Young pretty much singlehandedly won it for his team. The only thing that limited Young his first year and a half was that Brown and Greg Davis didn't know what to do with him. Once they unleashed the freak, Young was almost impossible to stop.

Just my opinion. Both were great players, leaders, and winners.

TFs main knock is that his teams were so dominant! if we had struggled with florida instead of blowing them out of the water, TF would be considered one of the top 2 qbs in history imo. but since we utterly destroyed them, he is looked at as a qb that lead an offense that was so good it would have won that game even without him.

That's a pretty good point. Frazier's overall numbers aren't eye-popping, since he had a Phillips or a Green in the backfield with him most of the time.

Passing-wise, I'm can only agree so far. He did have 7 INTs in 4 bowl games.

I'm still staying with my answer.

I agree with VA Husker Fan. I think Frazier had better command of the team and took his team to greater places than Young did, but at the same time Young was probably the better player, just because he pretty much was his team. Nebraska had more to compliment Frazier with.

Here is a break down of their Senior year statistics:

Vince Young

Passing: 212 Completions - 325 Attempts for 3,036 yards; 26 Touchdown Throws - 10 interceptions

Rushing: Attempts - 147, Yards - 993, Avg. - 6.8, 12 Touchdowns

Tommie Frazier

Passing: 92 Completions - 162 Attempts for 1,362 yards; 17 Touchdown throws - 4 interceptions

Rushing: Attempts - 97, Yards - 604, Avg. - 6.2, 14 Touchdowns

So, as you can see, Young was statistically a better player. I would rather go into battle with Frazier over Young, however, because Frazier was able to do much more in his career.

Both were great QBs. Personally, I sacrilegiously give a slight edge to Young. Frazier led his team to championships. Young pretty much singlehandedly won it for his team. The only thing that limited Young his first year and a half was that Brown and Greg Davis didn't know what to do with him. Once they unleashed the freak, Young was almost impossible to stop.

Just my opinion. Both were great players, leaders, and winners.

I was going to say the same thing, except i give an edge to tommie for winning two championships. But they were both great quarterbacks in college.

I would say that it is obvious that VY has some severe emotional problems and therefore probably wouldn't have been able to overcome the clot like TF did. Emotional stability is paramount in being a leader in tough times, that is what separates the two for their careers. Tommie was a better leader, VY was more talented physically but the mental part of the game is hands down Tommie's.

Also, don't tell me Tommie had a way better team. VY had just as much talent, he just couldn't make them dominant as a unit like Tommie could.

Vince Young had the single greatest performance in CFB history. If you argue that you either didn't watch the game or are drinking so much Kool-Aid you're about to drown in it. Tommie's Fiesta Bowl was great, but a lot of those stats came after we were kicking Florida's ass. He also had a weaker opponent and better RBs. Young almost single handedly made every play needed in that 4th qtr. That game was awesome as I was rooting so hard for Texas because I hate USC.

Just my $.02.

You guys use some really silly arguments.

Frazier is better because he played in and won more championships? Yeah, so did the 3rd string linebackers..

He's better because he stayed longer? I don't understand that either.

What I see, is that Frazier was a freak, but statistically he wasn't that impressive, and our team still won every game even when he wasn't in, which makes a serious case that he was not as important to our team as Vince Young was to his (and once again, that does not mean that Vince Young is better).

Athletically speaking I would say that Vince Young is the superior quarterback. In terms of who had the 'it' factor, and was a better leader, and all that stuff that people talk about but that you can't actually measure, I have no idea.

I would say that is tough, as they played a little different game. Vince was a better passer, but Frazier was a system QB, so that is what it is. If you asked me to take one for my Jayhwaks, I would take VInce, as he fits our system. I think Tommie Frazier ran the optiona bout as well it could be run, if that was my offense, I probably take him. If I had to pick who is going to help more teams as the QB today, you would have to say Young, so it is a fair arguement that he is better. That said, you could make a fair arguement for Touchdown Tommie to, he was a freak of nature in the option...

I give the respect to certain QBs. Vince was good.....Darian Hagan was a game changer for Colorado....but my handle says it all..... I think of it this way.... Only Nixon could go to China and only Tommie could lead an option team past the Canes in Miami....