Vince Young better than Tommie Fraizer???

Here is a break down of their Senior year statistics:

Vince Young

Passing: 212 Completions - 325 Attempts for 3,036 yards; 26 Touchdown Throws - 10 interceptions

Rushing: Attempts - 147, Yards - 993, Avg. - 6.8, 12 Touchdowns

Tommie Frazier

Passing: 92 Completions - 162 Attempts for 1,362 yards; 17 Touchdown throws - 4 interceptions

Rushing: Attempts - 97, Yards - 604, Avg. - 6.2, 14 Touchdowns

So, as you can see, Young was statistically a better player. I would rather go into battle with Frazier over Young, however, because Frazier was able to do much more in his career.

I dunno man. Those stats talk, but what about the times he ran 10 yrds and pitched it, all the options he ran and someone else got the yards... Tommie made the offense run like no one else could.

Plus, Vince can't be the greatest QB of all time, Tebow is. Sorry. I love Tommie, but but he's a close second...

Both were great QBs. Personally, I sacrilegiously give a slight edge to Young. Frazier led his team to championships. Young pretty much singlehandedly won it for his team. The only thing that limited Young his first year and a half was that Brown and Greg Davis didn't know what to do with him. Once they unleashed the freak, Young was almost impossible to stop.

Just my opinion. Both were great players, leaders, and winners.

I hate to say it but yeah I would have to say Vince Young. He could do anything and he was at his best when it mattered the most. He singlehandedly beat one of the best teams of all time

I am kind of torn in this thread, part of me showing my Husker bias, and the other part hating Texas. That said, I'd still take Frazier over Young. As it was stated Frazier didn't get credit for the yards that he pitched after a run. We never really had the receivers that Young had either, so that should be taken into account as well. Young had a decent line, we had a dominant line, not to mention RB's FB's you name it, ours were at least 5 times better than VY's. VY topped us on receivers as ours were basically just blockers who occasionally caught a pass.

I am going to cut this one short and just say they are both great QB's but I would take Frazier over darn never every QB that has played since 1976(the year I was born). No matter the outcome we are all welcome to our opinions and i'll respect all of yours.

I am kind of torn in this thread, part of me showing my Husker bias, and the other part hating Texas. That said, I'd still take Frazier over Young. As it was stated Frazier didn't get credit for the yards that he pitched after a run. We never really had the receivers that Young had either, so that should be taken into account as well. Young had a decent line, we had a dominant line, not to mention RB's FB's you name it, ours were at least 5 times better than VY's. VY topped us on receivers as ours were basically just blockers who occasionally caught a pass.

I am going to cut this one short and just say they are both great QB's but I would take Frazier over darn never every QB that has played since 1976(the year I was born). No matter the outcome we are all welcome to our opinions and i'll respect all of yours.

VY started for 2 plus years. UT coaches red-shirted him and put all their eggs in Chance Mock's basket. Mock was a bust and they started playing VY as a redshirt fish after they lost to Arkansas at home.

I agree with VA Husker Fan. I think Frazier had better command of the team and took his team to greater places than Young did, but at the same time Young was probably the better player, just because he pretty much was his team. Nebraska had more to compliment Frazier with.

Vince Young

Passing: 212 Completions - 325 Attempts for 3,036 yards; 26 Touchdown Throws - 10 interceptions

Tommie Frazier

Passing: 92 Completions - 162 Attempts for 1,362 yards; 17 Touchdown throws - 4 interceptions

So, as you can see, Young was statistically a better player. I would rather go into battle with Frazier over Young, however, because Frazier was able to do much more in his career.

VY didn't have a senior year and NU blew more folks out and subbed more than MB does at UT. When UT won in 05 the best team they beat was OSU, but Tressell played two QBs and lost. The Big 12 was HORRIBLE in 2005! The FAKE USC GREATEST of all time was #34 on defense and was not great at all. Those stats are w/o Big 12 title game or MNC game added in. NU 1995 was the most dominant team EVER!

Both were great QBs. Personally, I sacrilegiously give a slight edge to Young. Frazier led his team to championships. Young pretty much singlehandedly won it for his team. The only thing that limited Young his first year and a half was that Brown and Greg Davis didn't know what to do with him. Once they unleashed the freak, Young was almost impossible to stop.

I see where you're coming from but to be one of the greatest QBs ever in my opinion is being a great leader and taking your team to the big game......the National Chamionship game. Frazier lead our team to the NC game 3 years in a row.

What is the most highly recruited player.....the quarterback because the quarterback is the leader, commander, etc. Nothing against our Offensive Lineman, RB's, FB's, WR's, DE's, etc but without a great leader such as the Quarterback such as Frazier there wouldn't have been 2 NC trophies here in Lincoln.

Nothing against VY but he maybe had two/three good games and that was probably Michigan in the Rose Bowl, Ohio State at the horseshoe, and USC in the NC game. Yes if it wasn't for VY, Texas would've lost that game but without Frazier we would've lost to Miami in 94' maybe not with Berringer in the mix too.

Frazier may not have better stats than VY but he sure did something that VY never did and that was to lead our team to the NC game 3 years in a row.

I see where you're coming from but to be one of the greatest QBs ever in my opinion is being a great leader and taking your team to the big game......the National Chamionship game. Frazier lead our team to the NC game 3 years in a row.

What is the most highly recruited player.....the quarterback because the quarterback is the leader, commander, etc. Nothing against our Offensive Lineman, RB's, FB's, WR's, DE's, etc but without a great leader such as the Quarterback such as Frazier there wouldn't have been 2 NC trophies here in Lincoln.

Nothing against VY but he maybe had two/three good games and that was probably Michigan in the Rose Bowl, Ohio State at the horseshoe, and USC in the NC game. Yes if it wasn't for VY, Texas would've lost that game but without Frazier we would've lost to Miami in 94' maybe not with Berringer in the mix too.

Frazier may not have better stats than VY but he sure did something that VY never did and that was to lead our team to the NC game 3 years in a row.

exactly! i watched both qbs quite extensively and TF was just more impressive than VY. stats dont really show even half of the story. watch them run the same plays and you will see it, TF just ran them so much crsiper and had a better eye for the whole in the line.

for the record, TF wasnt as bad a passer as people like to make him out to be and VY isnt quite as good as people make him out to be in the passing department.

Oh, and Stu, i would take either VY or TF before i took Teboverated!

exactly! i watched both qbs quite extensively and TF was just more impressive than VY. stats dont really show even half of the story. watch them run the same plays and you will see it, TF just ran them so much crsiper and had a better eye for the whole in the line.

for the record, TF wasnt as bad a passer as people like to make him out to be and VY isnt quite as good as people make him out to be in the passing department.

Oh, and Stu, i would take either VY or TF before i took Teboverated!

Yeah....that's why Frazier's career passing percentage was under 50% in a run offense where the defense had 8 guys that in the box and 3 more that would bite hard because we ran so often, and Vince Young led the nation in passing efficiency.

Right.

Teboverated!

Teboverated?

:clap

Let's stop this ridiculous nonsense right now...Tommie Frazier, was, is and probably always be the great QB in the history of college football and no one, not Vince Young, not Tim Tebow, not Pat White or anyone is ever going to change that.

Let's examine the facts here fellas:

Frazier led his team to back-to-back consensus national championships in 1994 and 1995, and he remains the only quarterback to have done so since the 1950s.

* Record as starter: 33-3 (91.7%)

* Two national titles. (Should've been three if if wasn't for those crooked ass refs in the '94 Orange Bowl.)

* Three conference championships.

* Screwed out of a Heisman.

Wikii

Vince young had one season where he was the full time starter led the Whorns to an undefeated record and a national title.

There is NO comparison...Tommie Frazier > Vince Young.

I agree with VA Husker Fan. I think Frazier had better command of the team and took his team to greater places than Young did, but at the same time Young was probably the better player, just because he pretty much was his team. Nebraska had more to compliment Frazier with.

Vince Young

Tommie Frazier

VY didn't have a senior year and NU blew more folks out and subbed more than MB does at UT. When UT won in 05 the best team they beat was OSU, but Tressell played two QBs and lost. The Big 12 was HORRIBLE in 2005! The FAKE USC GREATEST of all time was #34 on defense and was not great at all. Those stats are w/o Big 12 title game or MNC game added in. NU 1995 was the most dominant team EVER!

A couple things. First, I guess I should have clarified and said their "final year" lol. And, while I can definitely agree that the '95 was superior in every single way (position for position), this is more of a comparison of VY to TF and not the entire team.

I know it's crazy to try to compare QB's from different systems or eras, but I don't really think TF was even OUR best.

Even Berringer probably was a better QB in any system other than the one we were runnung..He was projected to be drafted much higher than TF..And not just because of the bloodclot questions.

Bruce Mathison was probably our most accurate passer...

I'd probably take Troy Aikman before Vince Young just on intelligence alone, but if I could have any quarterback back again, it would be Turner Gill..All you had to do is look in his eyes and know we were going to score...

Must've blinked on the two point conversion attempt .

Absolutely not. Young had one good year, in a year where competition in the the conference and overall wasn't that great. Tommie won two national titles and three MVP's all in a conference that at the time was the best in the country and in bowl games overall faced stiffer competition.

2003 - Texas went 10-3 and lost the Holiday Bowl 28-20 to a bad Washington State team that got throttled by USC 43-16 and lost to a 6-6 Washington team and a 5-7 Notre Dame team that was pathetic.

The conference was horrible that season as well. The conference went 1-6 in the bowl season, Kansas was blown out of the Tangerine Bowl by a mediocre N. C. State team 56-26, by and the ONLY team to actually win a bowl game that year was Nebraska and we went 10-3 and fired our coach it was so bad.

2004 - Texas won the Rose Bowl 38-37 against Michigan.

Conference was mediocre at best this year too, It appears to be a respectable 4-3 overall showing until you actually look and see that besides the one point Texas win, two of the other wins for the conference were Colorado's 33-28 squeaker over mighty UTEP and Iowa State's 17-13 win over the Juggernaut that is Miami... of Ohio.

2005 - Texas won a National Championship in the Rose Bowl against USC, however they did so by winning a conference that was good up top but extremely low on depth and went 5-3 in the bowls. And four of those wins were by 7 points or less, 3 of them (and one loss) were all won by a field goal.

They did beat the so called "greatest team of all time" in USC, so they get props for that one. Even if that greatest team of all time needed a miracle to beat a so-so Notre Dame team.

Compare that to Frazier's career and it isn't even close.

Now people can point to the Big 8 as being not that strong as well, mainly because the bottom teams were pitiful.. but the top was loaded and pretty much any team that made a bowl game from the Big 8 in the years Frazier played not only won but did so convincingly. There were two bowl losses for the Big 8 conference between 1993-1995, one was the 1994 Orange Bowl that NU lost to Florida State for the National Title, the other was a 7-12 KSU loss to Boston College in 1994.

The victories for those years? (remember there were FAR fewer bowls before the BCS)

Oklahoma beat Texas Tech 41-10 (Sun)

Colorado beat Fresno State 41-30 (Aloha)

Kansas State beat Wyoming 52-17 (Copper)

Nebraska beat Miami 24-17 (Orange - National Title)

Colorado beat Notre Dame 41-24 (Fiesta)

Nebraska beat Florida 62-24 (Fiesta - National Title)

Colorado beat Oregon 38-6 (Orange)

KSU beat Colorado State 54-21 (Holiday)

Kansas beat UCLA 51-30 (Aloha)

And I didn't even count Frazier's freshman year where he won Big 8 Freshman of the year, and took his team to a 9-3 record and #11 in the country because it's simply too unfair to Young who redshirted as a freshman.

In fact based on this, Young probably isn't even 2nd. I'd put Frazier AND Tebow ahead of him *based on the strength of the SEC*. Young was slightly better than Pat White with more help. Frazier was the best player on the best team in a dominant conference playing MUCH tougher overall competition in the bowl games.

Teboverated!

Teboverated?

:clap

Let's stop this ridiculous nonsense right now...Tommie Frazier, was, is and probably always be the great QB in the history of college football and no one, not Vince Young, not Tim Tebow, not Pat White or anyone is ever going to change that.

Let's examine the facts here fellas:

Frazier led his team to back-to-back consensus national championships in 1994 and 1995, and he remains the only quarterback to have done so since the 1950s.

* Record as starter: 33-3 (91.7%)

* Two national titles. (Should've been three if if wasn't for those crooked ass refs in the '94 Orange Bowl.)

* Three conference championships.

* Screwed out of a Heisman.

Wikii

Vince young had one season where he was the full time starter led the Whorns to an undefeated record and a national title.

There is NO comparison...Tommie Frazier > Vince Young.

:yeah

Never could understand how those refs were allowed to do that game, being from the same conf and all.

GBR!!!