Valid or not??

I really think that people are putting a lot of hype for Griffith at BU....I think the Huskers' defense will do a pretty good job of containing him....not completely, but enough to win. The KU game could go either way. I think what happens early in the season will determine who wins this game for either team. It would be great to beat Va Tech, but I just don't see if happening when the game is out there.

I think when other teams have been one dimensional in the past, the Huskers have been able to stop that player - but then you have to make sure you don't open another avenue for them to win with.

As long as Travis Justice doesnt jinx you with a prediction that said player (for this example, Brad Smith) will be lucky to have over 100 total yrds against the 2005 Huskers. ;):lol: (if memory serves me correctly he had around 150 after 2 series. 480 for the game) (oh happy days when TJ looked like a tool :clap )

I dont think the issue with Baylor is their QB. The issue is the loss of Smith. That is a major blow. However they have some things that are in their favor also. They return every offensive statistical leader they have and also return a very good S in Lake and a pretty solid LBing core. Griffin reminds me alot of Brad Smith with one really big difference. Brad never became effective throwing until his senior year when MU moved to the spread attack they have now. Griffin can throw and doesnt make mistakes. I dont know if he is as good running the ball as Smith, but he certainly is faster. He is the type of player you can build a program with. The type of player that can win games by hisself. Baylor still has a lot of issues. But so does Nebraska, and for that matter every team in the North.

I don't think we'll lose to Baylor, I could see us losing to KU, OU, and VT, but not Baylor. Even KU is going to be a toss-up IMO, but I don't think we beat OU or VT.

I know that everybody is saying that we are going to lose to Oklahoma this year, but I think we're forgetting a few things here:

1) The game is Lincoln

2) We want payback for last year's game

3) I honestly think we're going to be a better team than last year

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a bold prediction: Nebraska beats Oklahoma this year. It'll be Bo's biggest win and the biggest win for the NU program since the match up in Lincoln 8 years ago. (Oh wow, was it really that long ago?)

People are also chalking up Colorado as an automatic victory this year. This game is so dangerous every year, and it's twice as bad when it's in Boulder.

Just my thoughts. This will probably change 10 times before the actual game. :)

I don't think we'll lose to Baylor, I could see us losing to KU, OU, and VT, but not Baylor. Even KU is going to be a toss-up IMO, but I don't think we beat OU or VT.

I know that everybody is saying that we are going to lose to Oklahoma this year, but I think we're forgetting a few things here:

1) The game is Lincoln

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a bold prediction: Nebraska beats Oklahoma this year. It'll be Bo's biggest win and the biggest win for the NU program since the match up in Lincoln 8 years ago. (Oh wow, was it really that long ago?)

People are also chalking up Colorado as an automatic victory this year. This game is so dangerous every year, and it's twice as bad when it's in Boulder.

Urine trouble at Boulder?

1) The game is Lincoln

CU would love to give us some payback..

I like your optimism, however - we have a lot of unproven players in key positions. But then there will be other teams in the same boat. Somehow I don't view this team as being dangerous in my terms...dangerous would be being picked to win the Big 12 and playing for a NC, and I don't see that happening this year - or next year. Maybe the year after if all the stars line up as we hope. Next season we will be in the same boat we are this year with an unproven QB most likely...so it isn't going to happen overnight.

I want us to be in a positon to dominate, when we go someplace to play I want the other team to already have it in their head they are probably going to lose.

FYI, none of our QB's is a senior.

I like your optimism, however - we have a lot of unproven players in key positions. But then there will be other teams in the same boat. Somehow I don't view this team as being dangerous in my terms...dangerous would be being picked to win the Big 12 and playing for a NC, and I don't see that happening this year - or next year. Maybe the year after if all the stars line up as we hope. Next season we will be in the same boat we are this year with an unproven QB most likely...so it isn't going to happen overnight.

I want us to be in a positon to dominate, when we go someplace to play I want the other team to already have it in their head they are probably going to lose.

my thoughts exactly..the defense and the offense stand to improve next year, at least that's the way i see it.

I was thinking the same thing.. unless he's just assuming that the job is Green's no matter what.

:clap And I don't know how many times I have been corrected on this fact :nutz - for some reason I can't get that fact to stick in my head. Sorry...I may have to post a note on my forehead so I don't forget again.

I don't think his predictions are that far off. I could see us losing to VaTech, Missouri (doubtful but possible in Columbia at night), TT, (again doubtful but possible), Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Colorado. I think we will win at least half of these, but that's still at least 7 games that we have a decent chance of losing. That said, I think his prediction of 8-5 is probably a safe one. We might gain a win or two, or lose one, but 8-5 is probably a good middle of the road prediction.

I don't think his predictions are that far off. I could see us losing to VaTech, Missouri (doubtful but possible in Columbia at night), TT, (again doubtful but possible), Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Colorado. I think we will win at least half of these, but that's still at least 7 games that we have a decent chance of losing. That said, I think his prediction of 8-5 is probably a safe one. We might gain a win or two, or lose one, but 8-5 is probably a good middle of the road prediction.

Griffihn's HC, Briles won 4 Texas 4A state titles in S-Ville, where Spano hails from. He will make Baylor better and once again, Texas kids have another option to stay at home and win in a big conference. NU needs to hit the CA, LA and Florida areas, because they will never get the 5 star kids from Texas at the skill spots. They can get the 2-3 star kids and occasional 4 stars, but not the top tier.

Griffihn's HC, Briles won 4 Texas 4A state titles in S-Ville, where Spano hails from. He will make Baylor better and once again, Texas kids have another option to stay at home and win in a big conference. NU needs to hit the CA, LA and Florida areas, because they will never get the 5 star kids from Texas at the skill spots. They can get the 2-3 star kids and occasional 4 stars, but not the top tier.

1. Your post makes absolutely no sense.

There's even MORE competition for the Huskers for "elite" talent in California, Florida, etc, than in Texas.

In Texas we're competing against UT and OU. And since most kids in Texas probably dream of playing for Texas, when they're not offered a scholly by the 'whorns they look elsewhere. Which means, it's between Oklahoma and Nebraska.

In California we're competing against: USC, Cal, UCLA and a host of other in state schools.

In Florida we're competing against: Miami, Florida State, Florida and to a degree UCF, USF.

2. To automatically assume that Baylor is on the way to becoming a Big 12 powerhouse simply because they hired some high school coach, who won a few state titles at the high school level, is absurd to say the least.

Name me one coach in Baylor's entire football history who turned that program into a consistent national power.

3. And finally, to say that Nebraska should stop recruiting Texas is so utterly sophomoric I'm not real sure what else I could say.

1. Your post makes absolutely no sense.

There's even MORE competition for the Huskers for "elite" talent in California, Florida, etc, than in Texas.

In Texas we're competing against UT and OU. And since most kids in Texas probably dream of playing for Texas, when they're not offered a scholly by the 'whorns they look elsewhere. Which means, it's between Oklahoma and Nebraska.

In California we're competing against: USC, Cal, UCLA and a host of other in state schools.

In Florida we're competing against: Miami, Florida State, Florida and to a degree UCF, USF.

2. To automatically assume that Baylor is on the way to becoming a Big 12 powerhouse simply because they hired some high school coach, who won a few state titles at the high school level, is absurd to say the least.

Name me one coach in Baylor's entire football history who turned that program into a consistent national power.

3. And finally, to say that Nebraska should stop recruiting Texas is so utterly sophomoric I'm not real sure what else I could say.

It's ok Jen, rkhufu tends to have that effect on all of us.