Helu Ran 4.25?

Helu is shifty, but no way he runs a 4.25. I'd bet he is closer to 4.6 than 4.2.

I'd bet that Helu is a 4.45 type of guy. But yeah, 4.2...even I don't believe that hype.

As much as I'd like to believe it, there is no way. With his size the best he could probably do is a 4.4 or roughly in the area. Running backs have to have added weight on them because of the hits they take. It's easy for corners and safeties to be small and have the 4.2 speed because they don't need to be as bulked up.

no way. Helu isnt slow, but that is smoking. For some comparision Maclin was rumored to have hit a 4.27 before. Harvin rumored at 4.3 flat. They ran 4.45 & 4.41 respectivly at the combine. Some say Indy has a slow field so even if you gave them .05 extra thats still 4.36 to 4.41 on a digital tape.

Fact is, Helu isnt faster than either Maclin or Percy Harvin. Although he is alot faster than my big, out-of-shape rear end :)

P.S. I have noticed over time that when you look at a players 40 time, the majority of players that people think are fast are running in the 4.5-4.6 range. Very few people can hit 4.4 or lower.

no way. Helu isnt slow, but that is smoking. For some comparision Maclin was rumored to have hit a 4.27 before. Harvin rumored at 4.3 flat. They ran 4.45 & 4.41 respectivly at the combine. Some say Indy has a slow field so even if you gave them .05 extra thats still 4.36 to 4.41 on a digital tape.

Fact is, Helu isnt faster than either Maclin or Percy Harvin. Although he is alot faster than my big, out-of-shape rear end :)

P.S. I have noticed over time that when you look at a players 40 time, the majority of players that people think are fast are running in the 4.5-4.6 range. Very few people can hit 4.4 or lower.

Although I find it hard to believe we are just talking about the difference in a 4.25 and 4.45. That really is not that much of difference when you really think about it.

Although I find it hard to believe we are just talking about the difference in a 4.25 and 4.45. That really is not that much of difference when you really think about it.

hell of a difference in running it though. Not much of a difference between a 4:00 mile and a 4:10 mile. I mean it is only 10 seconds over 1 mile. But in a mile race, 10 seconds is a butt whoppin'. And in a 40 yrd dash. .2 seconds is a pretty good amount.

Just think about it this way, A big fat lineman may run 5 flat. Think about how much faster a RB is than him. And most RB's are around a 4.6. Big diference in a game of inches

Fastest 40-Yard Dash Times Ever

BESTS

Tags: 40, yard, dash, times, ever, world record, speed, best, forty, run, NFL, NBA, MLB, basketball, baseball, Lebron James, Reggie Bush, Ted Ginn, Devin Hester

These are some of the fastest 40-yard dash times we could discover. Most of these athletes are football players (unless otherwise noted), b/c they have official times recorded at combines. If you hear anymore official (or semi-official, since there is no real world record), add them to the list:

Ted Ginn Jr. (4.06)

Alexander Wright (4.09)

Michael Bennett (4.13)

Bo Jackson (4.14)

DeAngelo Hall (4.15)

Darrell Green (4.15)

Lavernaues Coles (4.16)

Deion Sanders (4.17) - and MLB

Maurice Greene (4.21) - track

Joey Galloway (4.18)

Ahman Green (4.19)

Laveranues Coles (4.2)

Don Beebe (4.21)

Donte Stallworth (4.22)

Ryan Dotson (4.24)

Michael Vick (4.25)

Randy Moss (4.25)

Willie Parker (4.23)

BGW (4.23)

Devin Hester (4.24)

Champ Bailey (4.28)

Willis McGahee (4.28)

Stanford Routt (4.29)

Fabian Washington(4.29)

Michael Jordan (4.3) - NBA

Reggie Bush (4.33)

Darren McFadden (4.33)

Lebron James (4.4) - NBA

Flash (4.43) - Super Hero

http://www.listafterlist.com

Off topic, but can you imagine what kind of WR Jordan or even Lebron would have been/could be if they played football with that kind of height, jumping ability, and speed? I'm also really surprised Carl Lewis's name doesn't appear anywhere on the list. Didn't Herschel Walker also run a pretty impressive time in the 40?

I'm not sure where to find the stats, but I was watching something and the anouncer said Dan Alexander ran the fastes 40 of all Husker backs? I'd love to verify that if possible. There was a question posed durring the game/program or whatever: What running back recorded the fastest 40 yrd dash for Nebraska? I was shocked to hear them say... "I doubt many got this one right, even the hard core husker fans, It was Dan Alexander" or something very close to that.

Can anyone find these stats?

The fastest back we've ever had was Keith "End Zone" Jones who ran 4.33 electronic on the old astroturf. Ahman Green ran 4.35, IIRC. It is a bit more difficult for the kids now because of the field turf which is slower than astroturf was back in the day. A standard measure is that a hand to electronic conversion is .15 - that works almost perfectly for Green who reportedly ran a 4.19 hand-timed in a workout which was about .16 off from his electronic NU time.

Most of the "fastest" times recorded above are pretty much BS.. .sorry. Ginn, for instance, ran a 4.38 hand timed at OSU (they have a notoriously fast track),

Combine times are somewhat electronic, but misleading. 3 times are taken. 2 are hand times and 1 is electronic. It varies which ones are released to the public, some teams want the hand times, some want the electronic, others do their own times. So there is often confusion around the times at the combine.

Johnnie Lee Higgens, for instance, ran a hand-timed 4.19 at UTEP, but then ran a 4.43 or 4.48 at the combine, depending on who you talked to - I think someone else reported a 4.34 and 4.39 -

Pretty much the only numbers I trust are Nebraska Electronic numbers.

I'm not sure where to find the stats, but I was watching something and the anouncer said Dan Alexander ran the fastes 40 of all Husker backs? I'd love to verify that if possible. There was a question posed durring the game/program or whatever: What running back recorded the fastest 40 yrd dash for Nebraska? I was shocked to hear them say... "I doubt many got this one right, even the hard core husker fans, It was Dan Alexander" or something very close to that.

The fastest back we've ever had was Keith "End Zone" Jones who ran 4.33 electronic on the old astroturf. Ahman Green ran 4.35, IIRC. It is a bit more difficult for the kids now because of the field turf which is slower than astroturf was back in the day. A standard measure is that a hand to electronic conversion is .15 - that works almost perfectly for Green who reportedly ran a 4.19 hand-timed in a workout which was about .16 off from his electronic NU time.

Most of the "fastest" times recorded above are pretty much BS.. .sorry. Ginn, for instance, ran a 4.38 hand timed at OSU (they have a notoriously fast track),

Combine times are somewhat electronic, but misleading. 3 times are taken. 2 are hand times and 1 is electronic. It varies which ones are released to the public, some teams want the hand times, some want the electronic, others do their own times. So there is often confusion around the times at the combine.

Johnnie Lee Higgens, for instance, ran a hand-timed 4.19 at UTEP, but then ran a 4.43 or 4.48 at the combine, depending on who you talked to - I think someone else reported a 4.34 and 4.39 -

Pretty much the only numbers I trust are Nebraska Electronic numbers.

:yeah

• 3 weeks later...

That would be Keith Jones in 1985 with a 4.33.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...amp;ATCLID=6166

Helu was listed by rivals as a high school recruit at 4.42