Releasing Players from the Team

If something like this has been posted already..sorry.

Pelini dropping two major contributors from the team in two years (Glenn and Castille) we think that it is great because we have a NO NONSENSE coach that won't back down on the rules that he set forth when he took over the program....

I guess what I am asking..do you see Bo being too harsh (too black and white like he says his rules are) or do you think that it is necessary for a coach to sometimes put the rules before the player....

I am thrilled to have Bo as our coach and I will be behind him for as long as I can....but is he too strict?

But of course, knowing nothing of what really happened...Bo could have given both of these guys every chance to stay with the team and they just made dumb mistakes...

Anyways...two weeks to go...GO BIG RED!

These players were given fair warning what would happen if they violate the rules. It's not a surprise, and they still do it. Gotta admire Bo for sticking to his principles and doing what he says he is going to do.

Players may have been thinking that Cody's banishment was not that big of a deal because he only has 3 games left, and Pelini was just trying to make a statement and might soften up on the next one, but now they know that this is how it's truly going to be, so they should keep in line.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Aug 24 2009, 02:44 AM) 455310[/snapback]

These players were given fair warning what would happen if they violate the rules. It's not a surprise, and they still do it. Gotta admire Bo for sticking to his principles and doing what he says he is going to do.

Players may have been thinking that Cody's banishment was not that big of a deal because he only has 3 games left, and Pelini was just trying to make a statement and might soften up on the next one, but now they know that this is how it's truly going to be, so they should keep in line.

:yeah

Just because a kid has talent, it should not give him the right to do what he wants or even break the law...this happens too often in the NCAA, and then goes to the NFL, where you have thugs running around in night clubs with guns or with a posse that is carrying the guns for them.

Pelini dropping two major contributors from the team in two years (Glenn and Castille) we think that it is great because we have a NO NONSENSE coach that won't back down on the rules that he set forth when he took over the program....

Three major contributors if you include Witt. (Remember, we only heard one side of that story). If Bo is going to keep running players off he had better pick up the pace in recruiting.