Mendoza returns to RB position

It seems to me that the handwriting is on the wall as far as Mendoza is concerned. Not a great fit at RB, not getting anywhere at receiver, just move him somewhere to provide depth. Some think they are trying to move him to a position where they can get his speed to be a factor, but I don't see it. If he wants to get on the field, they should probably move him to Sam Houston State or Stephen F. Austin.

It seems to me that the handwriting is on the wall as far as Mendoza is concerned. Not a great fit at RB, not getting anywhere at receiver, just move him somewhere to provide depth. Some think they are trying to move him to a position where they can get his speed to be a factor, but I don't see it. If he wants to get on the field, they should probably move him to Sam Houston State or Stephen F. Austin.

Kind of harsh don't you think. The kid is just a sophomore, he went 15 carries for 103 yds and a touch down last season. He had some pretty stiff competition in front of him don't you think? I think Mendoza will be fine, might even surprize a few people getting a chance for a few more touches. Give the kid a break.

This kid has all the tools to be great running back for this team. He is not going to run people over, but with his speed and quickness, he doesn't have to. Give the kid a break and at least wait till the season gets going, before giving up on him.

GBR!!!

Man that's hardcore.. but I can appreciate that honest opinion. Can see that if he wanted 200 carries. I think he is blazing fast, but his quickness is equally impressive. All he has to do is hit the corner and cut up field and he'll get 25 yards in a few seconds. It would be worth to get him 5-7 touches, maybe not every game, but if things are sputtering you give him a shot.

Damn, ya no kidding give the guy a break. He hasn't even played his sophmore year yet and already you say he'll never amount to anything? He is exactly the type of player we need to. He average what 7 ypc last season and has homerun speed. As mentioned before he's not going to be the player that can handle 20 carries a game, but he can certainly handle 10-12 touches a game. Get him the ball somehow and let him show what he can do. Look at Florida, they have demps, rainey, and had harvin last year. Do you think any of them can handle 20 carries a game? Hell i think rainey and demps are smaller than mendoza. No they couldnt handle 20 carries a game, but they can take the ball to the house on any play and that's what makes them so dangerous. That's what we have and that's what people have been complaining about not having for a long time. Now that we have it you tell him to go to sam houston st? way to think it through.

Im actually a bit curious as to why he moved from the RB position anyway. I mean two seasons ago, i couldve swore that he was the talk of the town as to taking over for Lucky when he left, and somewhere along the way he disappeared off the scope and the hype went to Helu and Castille, and I didnt hear anything else about him until just recently when he moved to WR, and now back to RB.

Im actually a bit curious as to why he moved from the RB position anyway. I mean two seasons ago, i couldve swore that he was the talk of the town as to taking over for Lucky when he left, and somewhere along the way he disappeared off the scope and the hype went to Helu and Castille, and I didnt hear anything else about him until just recently when he moved to WR, and now back to RB.

I think he was moved because we had a log jam at RB and the WR are relatively unproven and he has to much speed to just be sitting on the pine. But now with Q being dismissed and i think the WR are coming along better than expected it just seems reasonable to have someone with game experience at RB to backup Helu. Mendoza will be fine.

I think Billdozer is quite right about why Mendoza went to WR. What I'm hoping his move back to RB means is that we have plenty of depth at WR now. I know we started camp with 16 WRs, 15 now that Mendoza moved back behind the line. That means that about half our WRs won't see anything like significant playing time this year. I can see why he'd move back to RB.

I would agree he was moved to WR due to the log jam at RB. I do think they are really trying to get all our playmakers on the field. In the spring no one knew how Bell or Cooper would fit in, not to mention all the other recievers. The talk had already begun before Q's dismissal the way I hear it. Maybe some of our younger backs are struggling more people think. I think he's a better fit at RB any way. I'm guessing the coaches agree. I thought he looked pretty good last year when he did get his touches. It sounds like we've got three pretty sound backs, and maybe some sleepers.

GBR

Mendoza said on an interview with Huskers illustrated that he feels much more comfortable at RB. He took snaps today at RB and said it felt much more natural to him. Hope he's able to get some playing time and show what he can do, I know we've all been dying to see it.