Pelini gave Castille chances

Just got off the phone with one of my buddies back in Lincoln. He says the talk all over campus is that Q was at a party Friday or Saturday and Pelini had him tested the next day.He came up positive for pot. My buddy has his facts in order,when he talks about something as serious as this. Supposedly the 4Th time, was the the last time for Q. Yeah he had tested positive before, so coach did give plenty of chances. Take it for whats its worth.

GBR!!!

Just got off the phone with one of my buddies back in Lincoln. He says the talk all over campus is that Q was at a party Friday or Saturday and Pelini had him tested the next day.He came up positive for pot. My buddy has his facts in order,when he talks about something as serious as this. Supposedly the 4Th time, was the the last time for Q. Yeah he had tested positive before, so coach did give plenty of chances. Take it for whats its worth.

GBR!!!

Could this be true?? If so, then the solution is easy. Nebraska should just legalize marijuana rather than kick Castille off the team. Problem solved.

GBR!!!

Could this be true?? If so, then the solution is easy. Nebraska should just legalize marijuana rather than kick Castille off the team. Problem solved.

I vote for that one!!!

And the sheep fall in line...................

And the conspiracy theorists continue to rant and rave...........

What the hell are you talking about? There is no conspiracy here. Only a bunch of fans willing to accept whatever Bo says, simply because Bo said it. I'm not against Q being dismissed nessasarily. And if you took the time to read most of my posts, instead of lobing lame insults at me because you dislike me. Then you would know I'm a big fan of Bo, and believe he was the best choice for NU when hired.

But that doesn't mean I like his attitude and handling of the media. I feel as a fan of one of the biggest CFB programs in the country, and a direct contributer to the university for the majority of my life. (remember, public institution= tax funded) I feel the people sometimes deserve more of an explanation than, "I'm done talking about this!" or, "This is an internal matter." Sorry, but that's not always good enough for me. Especially considering there can be a strong argument made that his "cleaning house" is a bit more arbitrary than many of you, or the media are trying to portray it to be.

.................Now that is a rant!!!

Hate to hammer on this post anymore than it has been already, but Bo doesn't owe you anything. He reports to Tom Osborne, who reports to Harvey Pearlman, who reports to the Board of Regents. The Board of Regents are elected officials we put in place in order to run the universities for us. The way the system of a republic works, they would be the only ones that truly would owe us an explanation because they are who we directly "oversee".

Chains of command are tricky that way in state-ran hierarchy. You have to follow them to get an answer, so I suggest if you really want an answer then meet with the University of Nebraska Board of Regents and they will go down the line from there. I promise you they will jump all over that for you. :sarcasm

Here's the information:

Board of Regents

Links

Board of Regents Reports

The Board of Regents consists of eight voting members elected by district (see map) for six-year terms, and four non-voting student Regents, one from each campus, who serve during their tenure as student body president. The board supervises the general operations of the university, and the control and direction of all expenditures. The board also includes a corporation secretary who manages all records including agendas, minutes, notices, policies and bylaws. Those documents can also be found on this web site.

The board meets regularly, primarily in Lincoln but also in Omaha and greater Nebraska. Persons wishing to provide information to the board or to appear before it should contact:

Corporation Secretary

University of Nebraska

Varner Hall

3835 Holdrege

Lincoln, NE 68583

corpsec@nebraska.edu

(402) 472-3906

And the sheep fall in line...................

And the conspiracy theorists continue to rant and rave...........

What the hell are you talking about? There is no conspiracy here. Only a bunch of fans willing to accept whatever Bo says, simply because Bo said it. I'm not against Q being dismissed nessasarily. And if you took the time to read most of my posts, instead of lobing lame insults at me because you dislike me. Then you would know I'm a big fan of Bo, and believe he was the best choice for NU when hired.

But that doesn't mean I like his attitude and handling of the media. I feel as a fan of one of the biggest CFB programs in the country, and a direct contributer to the university for the majority of my life. (remember, public institution= tax funded) I feel the people sometimes deserve more of an explanation than, "I'm done talking about this!" or, "This is an internal matter." Sorry, but that's not always good enough for me. Especially considering there can be a strong argument made that his "cleaning house" is a bit more arbitrary than many of you, or the media are trying to portray it to be.

.................Now that is a rant!!!

I disagree with you that Bo owes us all more. You don't need to know everything that goes into every decision he makes. You wouldn't get that at your workplace and you will never get from the University or athletic department. He was hired to do the job and that is what he is doing. And by the way.... The athletic department is not funded publicly by tax dollars from you, me or anyone else. They are self sustained! So unless you give the athletic department money directly you are not "monitarily" supporting the football team.

A ) You need a group hug in this thread. Seriously.

B ) Enough Sheep talk, any more and the Mizzou fans will overrun the site. We got the half the good ones there are on this site, we don't need the crowd that follows. The sheep liking types....

Please hug and move on. For my sake.

Know what?

It's still about winning. And Quentin Castille wasn't going to help us win this year.

You may think he would have helped because the dude always looked like The Man.

But he rarely played like The Man.

And guys who demonstrate a death wish with multiple team violations are never gonna be The Man. They know they're gonna get caught, and deep down they're relieved. Cause they know they're not The Man. And the coaches have figured it out, too. And Helu said nice things because he's a nice guy.

It was an ethical issue but a football decision. The Huskers will be better for getting a new RB in now rather than later.

That being said......pot? Come on. How else are you supposed to study?

I can't believe you sheeps are still posting in this thread.

The Sheepdog (or is it the shepherd?) already told us:

1 )We have the right man for our program.

2 ) that is all we needed to hear

3 ) he was given chances and did not live up to his responsibility

4 ) and finally: time to move along.

Bo would've been very wrong in going into detail with us (the public) about this and any player being kicked off the team...I'm pretty sure I'd like him if I met him.

But I just don't trust people from Ohio anymore.

They're EVIL I tell ya'

(cough... exBuckeye37... cough)