Do we get the monkey off our back?

well, I'd say there is a chance. We should have beath TT last year when they were ranked like 7? and that was on THEIR field. Kind of depends on the ranking of the teams we play though, really. Even having it at home, after seeing some of the OU v. Florida game rerun the other day, I just don't see how we can pull that off unless we made some really, really big strides defensively. To me it depends on if someone else can manage to squeak up there before we play them, like say Kansas.

I do know one thing, I'm freakin sick of the bigger monkey of North vs. South, so much so that I will be pulling hardcore for ANY north team against any south team from now on. Even Mizzou.

Mizzou? I hope you smacked yourself after speaking such blasphemy :clap

I don't really care who beats who in the conference, as long as we are the ones holding the Big 12 championship trophy by season end.

True. But I just want to see this South dominance flipped on its head for a change. Us winning the Champ game would be the best way :)

Got a funny feeling we are going to Shock Va Tech. However they may not be holding a top 10 ranking by the time we came a knocking. Or they maybe holding a top 5 ranking when we get there. Either way if we take down the Hokies I'm a happy camper!

As much as I would love to say yes, I do not think there is a chance at this time.

VaTech will tell the story and they would really be the only chance we will have if they are a top ten team when we play them.

Lee may prove me wrong, as it is all in his court the way I see it.

No chance against Oklahoma at home and no chance against Oklahoma/Texas/Oklahoma State in CCG.

Next year is the first real opportunity in my mind.

Hope I am wrong though.

I think history has shown us that we have a chance at home against OU. look at cally's 2nd year after getting blasted by OU and Tech his first year on the road we almost won against OU and had tech beat if out DT falls down instead of fumbling.

Got a funny feeling we are going to Shock Va Tech. However they may not be holding a top 10 ranking by the time we came a knocking. Or they maybe holding a top 5 ranking when we get there. Either way if we take down the Hokies I'm a happy camper!

It's possible. The first game of the season is against Alabama, and Alabama still has a fairly talented football team. If VaTech can beat Alabama, then they very well could be pushing the limits of top 10. Either way, they will be ranked when we travel down there, and a victory against any ranked team looks good for us.

It's possible. The first game of the season is against Alabama, and Alabama still has a fairly talented football team. If VaTech can beat Alabama, then they very well could be pushing the limits of top 10. Either way, they will be ranked when we travel down there, and a victory against any ranked team looks good for us.

...on the defensive side of the ball. The offensive side is very unproven. They have a new QB, RB, and the offensive line needs to be worked out. Julio Jones is back though.

Since they are ranked #7 in both polls, if they beat Alabama I would put Virginia Tech probably in the top 5.

Top 10 team? Probably not, but I think our best chance would be against Oklahoma. I will also point out that the only top 10 teams we will likely face are VT and Oklahoma.

Top 25 team? Probably.

Yep, I'm with you.

I think people are barking up the wrong tree about VT as a potential upset. I really like our chances at home against OU, in fact, I think we are going to win that game.

Call me crazy but know this..I called our near upset of Texas back in '06 well before the season started. I felt like the pieces we had in place along with the atmosphere would give us the win and I came within an eyelash of being right. If Nunn had just held on to the the ball, then this post is about my prediction being right vs. wrong.

In any case, I haven't called an upset since, because didn't see the qualities or pieces that I was looking for. I see them again now and because of that I am calling the OU game right now as an upset.

We'll see what happens on November 7th, when I remind everyone about this post...

OU is replacing what 4 on the OL? Considering our DL is supposed to be our strength, it's conceivable we get a lot of pressure. Of course, the secondary is going to have to step up big time to pull it off. While I don't see VaTech scoring a lot of points on us, I don't expect us to do a lot of scoring either. This game will probably come down to turnovers and mental mistakes.