Depth Chart out

HuskerNMO

Cool, cool..

Will def be interesting to watch these guys out there.

LBs

36 May - So

51 Compton - RFr

42 Fisher - RFr

:yeah

I also was a little upset/frustrated that Brooks was so low, but as pointed out, in a 3 WR set he would be there. And Curenski...please catch the ball and show us your speed!!!!

A true frosh at #2 returning punts.....that scares me, its just asking for muffed punt returns and screw ups.

I hate to tell you but having a True Fresman returning punts isnt any worse then have 6 different guys return punt in a game.. If he is back there it MUST mean he can handle it and is a playmaker...

I wish some people would quit fearing the words TRUEFRESMAN... We are the only team in the country that fears it.. But then again most of the ones that dont have won National Titles !!!!!

You're right Niles did real well back there as a freshman, I think he set a record........most muffed punts and fumbles by a punt returner in NU history. <_<

Yes, but we don't mention the time frame in which that happened.... Kinda like Germany between 1939-1945... :blink:

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 3 2009, 02:43 PM) 460395[/snapback]
Wow, looking at that depth chart and seeing how few seniors we have makes me real excited for the next 2 years. We should return one of the deepest teams in all of college football next year.

If we're not 10-2, minimum, heading into the Big XII Championship next year there will be much to be concerned about.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 3 2009, 02:43 PM) 460395[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wow, looking at that depth chart and seeing how few seniors we have makes me real excited for the next 2 years. We should return one of the deepest teams in all of college football next year.

If we're not 10-2, minimum, heading into the Big XII Championship next year there will be much to be concerned about.

We have an extremely weak sched next year. Depending on how we progress this year, i wouldnt put it out of the question we could be undefeated making a run at a serious BCS game. We get UT and OSU back and both will be going through some transition of losing key players, while we will pretty much retain everyone. Our offense should be prolific next year and our defense should be stellar. But that is a long way aways, however i now know the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train coming the other way. :restore

We have an extremely weak sched next year. Depending on how we progress this year, i wouldnt put it out of the question we could be undefeated making a run at a serious BCS game. We get UT and OSU back and both will be going through some transition of losing key players, while we will pretty much retain everyone. Our offense should be prolific next year and our defense should be stellar. But that is a long way aways, however i now know the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train coming the other way.

Yep, that's why I said 10-2, minimum. Unless Texas and OK Light really reload, we should be looking at a really good, strong run. I can't imagine Washington putting up much of a struggle, nor can I imagine any of our other non-cons keeping their games respectable.

Even if Texas and OK Light reload and have great teams, we should be able to knock off at least one of them. We get the Horns at home and Stillwater isn't exactly a terrifying place to play historically.

A true frosh at #2 returning punts.....that scares me, its just asking for muffed punt returns and screw ups.

I hate to tell you but having a True Fresman returning punts isnt any worse then have 6 different guys return punt in a game.. If he is back there it MUST mean he can handle it and is a playmaker...

I wish some people would quit fearing the words TRUEFRESMAN... We are the only team in the country that fears it.. But then again most of the ones that dont have won National Titles !!!!!

Spot on! The kid was supposed to be some kinda stud in HS, so let's see what he can do and give him a chance!

I'm guessing Dillard will be the backup option on downs they know they are gonna run the ball, and Koehler will sub in for passing/blitzing situations.

Other thoughts:

*I really had hoped that Maher or Damkroger had won the punting job outright. I don't feel comfortable with Alex out there running down on punt coverage, even with the slim chances of him getting injured. One tweak in that leg and he isn't a 90% FG kicker anymore.

*I like how the WR situation has worked out, even though its still a little muddled with "OR's". Glad to see Bell right behind Paul as a true freshman, which either indicates he's awesome, or everyone else blows. As with everything, it probably falls somewhere in the middle, hopefully leaning towards the former.

*Our defense looks so damn nasty. I love it. Not to denigrate the '09 defense, but I think we all believe '10 is the national title run, that defense is gonna look even more wicked in '10 with an almost 100% returning offense.