Okafor

Martin maybe? Just wondering if the coaches said something to him about removing his helmet and it pissed him off.

If B-Law leaves due to a concussion he will still be on the staff, I read a article that they have a spot saved for him in case of that situation.

Who knows, the Okafor thing definitely has legs, but the LB thing is a rumor from telling a coach to F Off, Dillard moving, etc...

Anyone else extremely nervous? Storm clouds like this are not what we need.

Scout board was saying it was either Lawrence or Compton, I think...

This is a classic thread. Every single LB is mentioned in this thread except for the one that actually told Carl Pelini to Eff off.

Dude, if you know either post it or don't. Whatever you want, but don't send out a teaser line like that and not finish.

IMO the only one that makes sense at this point is May. If it were Compton there is no way they'd move Dillard to a different position. If it were Fisher you'd think Dillard would have moved to BUCK not WILL. I also don't see it being Martin. He got two personal foul penalties but one was BS and the other one he was getting the sh*t kicked out of him and had to take his helmet off to breathe. I doubt the staff would be overly concerned that he is a problem. This could be a situation of rumors spreading bc Dillard moved positions so people think someone had to get kicked off the team. I think it's more of Lawrence isn't very good in run support and May is a little on the small side so they want a bigger run stuffer at LB to counter Va Tech's running game.

IMO the only one that makes sense at this point is May. If it were Compton there is no way they'd move Dillard to a different position. If it were Fisher you'd think Dillard would have moved to BUCK not WILL. I also don't see it being Martin. He got two personal foul penalties but one was BS and the other one he was getting the sh*t kicked out of him and had to take his helmet off to breathe. I doubt the staff would be overly concerned that he is a problem. This could be a situation of rumors spreading bc Dillard moved positions so people think someone had to get kicked off the team. I think it's more of Lawrence isn't very good in run support and May is a little on the small side so they want a bigger run stuffer at LB to counter Va Tech's running game.

Exactly what I was thinking. Dillard is not very fast and not very good in coverage, BUT... in the running game he is stout as hell. I'm thinking they threw him on the starting line because he has been performing strongly against the run in practice. We all know how well he does against the run and how garbage he is in coverage. So i'm thinking what Huskers1 is thinking. They moved him up so they could have a good mix of run support and speed and coverage with compton and fisher on the other sides. We haven't had any linebackers through the past two games step up and show they are good in run support... Maybe Dillard is performing well and is getting his shot back against a more standard offense that doesn't have that great of a passing threat.

The post about it being Martin makes absolutely no sense. Why would they move Dillard to a starting linebacker spot to replace a guy that doesn't start. If martin really got kicked off the team, why would they move dillard up to replace may/lawrence?

If someone is not starting, it is much more likely that it is due to them not performing up to the coach's standards, and not because they flipped out and got kicked off the team (this does happen occasionally, but it's rare).

And I was at the game too, didn't see any screaming going on amongst players and coaches.. I'm willing to bet that many players aren't going to scream at a Pelini.... did anybody watch the OU game last year? They'll get KTFO! :box

I think adding Dillard to the lineup for this game is a good choice. Hopefully he can fill those gaps that have been getting left open the past couple games and his experience is much needed among a young lb corps.

:restore

on another board they are saying that it is another RB that left the team as well as okafor......not a linebacker..

Whew!!! Man I just got a scare, I went and looked at the roster and I couldn't find Mendoza as an IB or RB on the roster and started to say FFFFFFFFFFUUUUU......................................................and then I saw him listed as a WR still.

on another board they are saying that it is another RB that left the team as well as okafor......not a linebacker..

Whew!!! Man I just got a scare, I went and looked at the roster and I couldn't find Mendoza as an IB or RB on the roster and started to say FFFFFFFFFFUUUUU......................................................and then I saw him listed as a WR still.

:laughpound Don't worry I would have done the same thing!

Well given the fact that they won't let him get some touches I wouldn't doubt it if Mendoza would leave the team. For the life of me I just can't figure out why they don't get him the ball. If there is one thing I hate about this staff and the last staff it's that they don't put playmakers on the field. They require that they know every single freakin play and insist that they all block before they let them run a route or a bubble screen. If you look around college football you'll notice that every top team has a playmaker and I'm almost positive they don't all do everything perfect. I'm sure Rainey and Demps aren't perfect blockers. Pryor wasn't a perfect passer. Mcknight I'm sure didn't know all the plays as a true frosh. I'm sure Julio Jones and AJ Green didn't do everything perfect either, but they got them on the field and got them the ball. Please, please, please just get Mendoza the freakin ball!! I really like Burkhead and I think he'll be a very good player, but some of the middle screens that he's gotten, Mendoza probably could have gotten about 20 more yards, possibly a td on one in particular.