The NEW MU v. NU Thread

Two pretty decent looking statistical players. I do believe Gabbert has much high upside but I know that Lee is solid from what I have seen. Outside of the second half of the VT game, where he was awful, he has looked good. I am with Knapplc, either some of you are just throwing stuff and hoping it sticks (btw, both sides have done plenty of this in the past few days) or you are just full of it. Either way you look foolish and dont make it any easier for those of us who are opposing fans and actually DO pay attention

Thank you, sir. I have been staunchly saying Nebraska should win this game, and I have been doing my best to provide stats where applicable and in-game references where they'll best help the conversation. I've done my best to be an informed opinion by watching half of Missouri's Illinois and Bowling Green games, and most of the Nevada game. On top of that I've watched every snap of all of Nebraska's games. I've put in the time to have an informed opinion, and it's annoying when you can tell the other side of the discussion hasn't.

That's why we appreciate you so much, Fro. You may root for the wrong team, but you're fair and you're intelligent. I'll be happy for guys like you if the Tigers win next week. Some others... not so much.

Nice dig fro..........

Some points to make mention of IMO.....

Besides VT, Lee hasn't really had much pressure on him and has been able to pick the secondary apart. The MU game should give us a good idea of who he is...if he goes 11-30 again, we'll know that maybe he is just a decent QB and a solid one against bad teams.

With Gabbert, I think he has the statistical edge over Lee, and I have only watched 2 games(Nevada & BG), but maybe his stats wouldn't be as high if the games he has been in weren't so close, (not a knock just an observation). If MU was putting away their opponents, they probably wouldn't be trying to drive the field in a short amount of time.

Simply from a QB comprison, we'll have to wait until both of these guys get some more games under their belts to say who is better. Just my $0.02...

some valid pts in all this hot air, some are comical, like Lee has a big arm? Huh? Havn't seen him throw a decent deep ball in all the snaps I have seen

Whatever little credibility you had is gone. You've obviously not watched Lee . . . except for maybe the VaTech game. Lee has the strongest arm of any Nebraska qb in recent memory. And he throws an outstanding deep ball. For your convenience, check out the pass to Curenski Gilleyen in the FAU game. (or pretty much any deep pass to number 11.)

For rcruiter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW2wsFVJwcY (see 1:08 and 2:40)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjFzM9kJdOY...feature=related (see :57 and notice how Lee throws a perfect pass 50 yards . . . with ease.)

Two pretty decent looking statistical players. I do believe Gabbert has much high upside but I know that Lee is solid from what I have seen. Outside of the second half of the VT game, where he was awful, he has looked good. I am with Knapplc, either some of you are just throwing stuff and hoping it sticks (btw, both sides have done plenty of this in the past few days) or you are just full of it. Either way you look foolish and dont make it any easier for those of us who are opposing fans and actually DO pay attention

Thank you, sir. I have been staunchly saying Nebraska should win this game, and I have been doing my best to provide stats where applicable and in-game references where they'll best help the conversation. I've done my best to be an informed opinion by watching half of Missouri's Illinois and Bowling Green games, and most of the Nevada game. On top of that I've watched ever snap of all of Nebraska's games. I've put in the time to have an informed opinion, and it's annoying when you can tell the other side of the discussion hasn't.

That's why we appreciate you so much, Fro. You may root for the wrong team, but you're fair and you're intelligent. I'll be happy for guys like you if the Tigers win next week. Some others... not so much.

Well you know i will be here regardless of the outcome. And if things do happen to go my way it wont be to rub it in. I have said I am unsure of this game. I see why people of both sides feel the way they do. And who I am to argue if you have a logical reason to feel that way. I am just hoping for a good game and for the little things in the game to bounce our way. ;)

Plus i have 8 more days to talk s**t!! Can't blow it all too early ;):thumbs

[

:boxosoap

[/quote

I think this is the key statement for the game. Gabbert is big time talent, but as of right now that's what he is, a talent. He's really yet to take meaningful snaps in this type of game. I know Illinoise is a big game for the Tigers, but its still not Nebraska in conference. Will he make smart decisions when he's under pressure. And Lee has to have a better game than VT so Missouri can't load the box and force us into poor passing situations.

Nevada. Once again, experts thought this was 'their' year.

There was scuttlebut about them possibly beating Notre Dame.

They wound up laying a couple of eggs and then................COME HOME......to play a Top 25 program.

Home team, trying to make a statement tries to hang with Mizzou. Can't.

A TD within the last 2 minutes makes it a respectable score.

I think you are really glossing over this game. I watched that whole game and it wasn't until midway through the 4th QTR that I thought MU had a good grip and that it would be tough for NV to come back. At the half it was just 12-7 MU with the lead. After 3 quarters it was 21-13 MU with the lead, BUT NV had the ball inside the MU Redzone and were moving the ball well. In the beginning of the 4th NV runs the ball on 3rd and 1 to go at the MU 4 yard line; the ball carrier easily has the 1st Down setting up 1st and Goal but fumbles the ball at the end of the run. The MU D didn't really stop NV in the 2nd Half except for 1 drive, the drive right after MU took the ball after the goal line fumble and scored a TD. By getting the 14 point swing and then stuffing the drive right after basically sealed the game. Out of 5 2nd half NV drives: they scored TD's on two of them (, fumbled the ball going in for a TD, had a good drive go 31 yards and fizzled out in MU territory, and had a 3 and out. Not exactly lock down D by MU.

Didn't Nevada get beat by Notre Dumb 35-0?

But that just proves how great Nevada is. If they were really bad they would have lost eleventy billion to nothing. Nevada is a good team. And Missouri trounced them unmercifully in a hailstorm of Gabberts and Tigers that lasted from the opening kickoff through the final gun. Seriously.

No, really. That's how it all happened.

But that just proves how great Nevada is. If they were really bad they would have lost eleventy billion to nothing. Nevada is a good team. And Missouri trounced them unmercifully in a hailstorm of Gabberts and Tigers that lasted from the opening kickoff through the final gun. Seriously.

:rollin

Just out of curiosity and correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it a BAD thing that MU is younger than NU?

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

This was immediately followed by a phone call from Bo Pelini admitting that this game shouldn't be played because the mighty mighty Tigers have beaten Nebraska the last two years by 60 points. We are going to still show up for a mid-week scrimmage anyway for you, said Pelini.

As soon as Pelini hung up Urban Meyer called and congratulated Pinkel on his team's title of greatest team ever assembled which was seconded by Jesus himself, and I don't mean Tim Tebow, the real thing man.

Then Tom Osborne called the Missouri AD and said, don't worry about getting that little bell out we don't have a chance in winning it ever again. You might as well erect a permanent structure on campus to hold it forever because we have given up. We have one here we used for 30 years if you would like to model yours after it. Actually just take it, what the hell. We can put our new rivalry trophy with Nevada there. They are more realistic for us to try to compete with, I mean dadgummit, they only lost by 35 to the great Notre Dame and we all know how fantastic that program is at this point.

<_<

And don't forget the national championship contender and the best football team to ever take the field in intercollegiate football: Illinois.

Just out of curiosity and correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it a BAD thing that MU is younger than NU?

Actually, no. Being youthful fully explains how and why they struggled to put away bad teams like Bowling Green and Nevada.

But it also bears repeating that Missouri didn't struggle to beat either Bowling Green or Nevada - they had each game well in hand.

It also bears repeating that Bowling Green and Nevada are good teams. They played other, tougher competition recently and were lagging a bit because of it. Ignore their combined 1-6 record. This is irrelevant. Sometimes good teams show they are good by losing. A lot.

So they didn't struggle while struggling to put away good bad teams. See? Makes perfect sense.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

This was immediately followed by a phone call from Bo Pelini admitting that this game shouldn't be played because the mighty mighty Tigers have beaten Nebraska the last two years by 60 points. We are going to still show up for a mid-week scrimmage anyway for you, said Pelini.

As soon as Pelini hung up Urban Meyer called and congratulated Pinkel on his team's title of greatest team ever assembled which was seconded by Jesus himself, and I don't mean Tim Tebow, the real thing man.

Then Tom Osborne called the Missouri AD and said, don't worry about getting that little bell out we don't have a chance in winning it ever again. You might as well erect a permanent structure on campus to hold it forever because we have given up. We have one here we used for 30 years if you would like to model yours after it. Actually just take it, what the hell. We can put our new rivalry trophy with Nevada there. They are more realistic for us to try to compete with, I mean dadgummit, they only lost by 35 to the great Notre Dame and we all know how fantastic that program is at this point.

<_<

it was 24 years....geez, get it right <_<

:clap