Blackshirts?!

jjamuss

No blackshirts for beating scrubs...I agree.

:yeah I don't see why everyone is up in arms about the blackshirts not being given out. The blackshirts were first brought around to distinguish the first team defense from the rest.... okay, so....

Over time, the blackshirts became a symbol... a symbol of dominance, a symbol that struck fear into the very hearts of our opponents. I don't see what the big deal is about holding the blackshirts back when the team isn't dominant. Over the past years that dominance has faded to the point where in 2007, the media was cracking jokes on the blackshirts saying that they were gone. What is the big deal about Bo making them earn the blackshirts? OBVIOUSLY it is working, the defense is playing strong and I think they are still on their way up to their peak. Just be patient people.

I understand all the people in the group that want to uphold the tradition (by the way, I love husker tradition and am all for it!), but Bo Pelini knows how to motivate his players to play their hearts out, and just like Craigsker said... why should the defense be awarded the blackshirts for beating up on patsies? They may have dominated those games and... sure... they may have completely and utterly destroyed Va Tech at Blacksburg in our loss... but that's the key, we lost and it doesn't matter how well you play if you lose.

Pelini is building a complete team first attitude, if you read the articles of interviews with players, they are becoming a family. That is something that was completely missing during the Callafraud years. The blackshirts will come guys, Pelini knows what he's doing and the team trusts him.... what more can you ask for?

I don't see why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch about it. :dunno

If the team goes out and performs week in and week out, it doesn't matter if they're wearing black practice jerseys or red ones, as long as they kick ass and we win!

:restore

You give them out at the beginning of the year. That was the tradition. If you don't play like a Blackshirt, you lose them. Before BC, Solich, we had teams that got beat bad. Many of you may not want to admit it , or don't go back that far, but we did. This isn't about just the 90's, and how they played then. This is from the 60's and on, till today. If Bo doesn't want to keep the tradition, then he should just drop it. It is his team now. Remember it's not if you win or lose, it's how you play the game, and these kids look darn good even when they lose. JMO..

GBR!!!

What about handing them out before the game against Missouri? It's the beginning of the Big XII games, why not give them out and have the defense even more fired up for the game?

I was sort of thinking the same thing, but probably not good to have those who don't get a shirt find out just before a big game. I don't know.

Yeah, I totally get the idea that he is trying to motivate the team by withholding the blackshirts. I'm all for motivating the team, but not by changing the blackshirts tradition. Come up with something else to motivate the defense.

No one on the defense has a blackshirt right now. So everyone is wrong when the defense comes out for the first time and we think/say "the blackshirts take the field."

Yeah, I totally get the idea that he is trying to motivate the team by withholding the blackshirts. I'm all for motivating the team, but not by changing the blackshirts tradition. Come up with something else to motivate the defense.

No one on the defense has a blackshirt right now. So everyone is wrong when the defense comes out for the first time and we think/say "the blackshirts take the field."

I think you are right... motivate another way. Bshirts are important to the D, especially the seniors who only have FOUR home games left. Even if there is ONE player who deserves his blackshirt, then give it to HIM. I think that would motivate others to up their game.

Personally, I wouldn't hand them out until there were at least three dozen more threads on message boards asking when they're going to be handed out. I don't think the fans care enough at this point. They've gotta show me they want it! ! !

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!! :clap:clap:clap

Personally, I wouldn't hand them out until there were at least three dozen more threads on message boards asking when they're going to be handed out. I don't think the fans care enough at this point. They've gotta show me they want it! ! !

No reason to get mad that another thread was started. Simply skip it and move on.