predict the future

We will beat ISU, Baylor, KU, CU and KSU.

We still will have a tough time with OU but it isn't a gimme either way.

Nothing has changed in the last week.

Preseason everyone thought the offense would struggle, the D would be good and we'd lose to VT and OU and have a tough game against Tech that could be winnable.

How has that changed? It hasn't.

KU has NO defense. CU just played the game they had to have to save their coaches job but still aren't very good.

ISU and KSU are not good at all.

Texas Tech is a legit team, they got upset by Houston and lost to Texas but we knew going in this would be a tough one for a new offense to keep up.

Our defense is damn good, and ahead of where people thought they'd be coming into the season, the offense is banged up, we've got almost no depth due to different circumstances at QB and HB and we have no real identity. Obviously not where we thought they'd be, but considering the losses we've had we're still fine.

Newsflash. Every one of our REALISTIC goals are still there. Did anyone really think we were running the table or winning a championship this year? Everything we did expect our team to do is still right there to go get though and with our win against Missouri and expecially now that KU lost, it's completely in our hands.

Do we need to get better? yes. Does our offense need to figure out what they are doing and get a plan together? yes. Does Watson need to be a better game day playcaller and actually utilize the talent on the team? Absolutely.

But those are actually fixable. And we have two very winnable games in which to get that done. People need to step back off the ledge and get a grip.

Right now i feel like the kid in george dubya's sig.

In anycase, if things don't change and we don't get a foot in the behind of our offense.

We may lose a shocker to ISU. A loss to OU and KU. And another shocker to CU.

We have the potential to lose 6 games this season if our offense cant find themselves soon.

I feel the same way about KU right now. We easily could lose 4 more games...perhaps 5. The entire North is a complete mess right now. :facepalm:

If we put in Green and take care of ISU and Baylor, I think we develop a reasonable passing threat, opening up the running game, and hopefully light a fire under this O-line... maybe get in a couple young guys who want to be more physical. With an actual threat to complete passes downfield, our offense will actually be able to score 20-25 points a game and sustain some drives. If that happens, our defense can keep us in any game. Of course, OU probably beats us by two or three scores, but you never know... crazier upsets have certainly happened. I think we match up very well with KU. The game in Boulder scares me, especially with a few more games under Hansen's belt. He looked pretty good. We should handle KSU at home unless we turn it over 3-4 times.

I'll be slightly optimistic and say 9-3 and Big 12 North Champs. Try to keep it close but ultimately lose to Texas and go to the Cotton or Alamo.

Preseason everyone thought the offense would struggle, the D would be good and we'd lose to VT and OU and have a tough game against Tech that could be winnable.

KU has NO defense. CU just played the game they had to have to save their coaches job but still aren't very good.

Texas Tech is a legit team, they got upset by Houston and lost to Texas but we knew going in this would be a tough one for a new offense to keep up.

Our defense is damn good, and ahead of where people thought they'd be coming into the season, the offense is banged up, we've got almost no depth due to different circumstances at QB and HB and we have no real identity. Obviously not where we thought they'd be, but considering the losses we've had we're still fine.

Newsflash. Every one of our REALISTIC goals are still there. Did anyone really think we were running the table or winning a championship this year? Everything we did expect our team to do is still right there to go get though and with our win against Missouri and expecially now that KU lost, it's completely in our hands.

Do we need to get better? yes. Does our offense need to figure out what they are doing and get a plan together? yes. Does Watson need to be a better game day playcaller and actually utilize the talent on the team? Absolutely.

But those are actually fixable. And we have two very winnable games in which to get that done. People need to step back off the ledge and get a grip.

I think some Husker fans, myself included, started believing that this could be the year Nebraska starts to shine again. I mean the VT game was in our grasp, then we beat Missouri....it seemed like we really were turning around. Obviously, there were offensive problems, but I thought we were learning as we went and would play much improved this week. I was wrong.

I think that's why it seems like meeting our "realistic goals" is disappointing. GBR.

:yeah A F&^%ING MEN!!! It is amazing how many people are calling it quits over one game. Six losses, lay off the :wasted . Anyway, we will be fine, TT was better than we thought and are offense does need some work, but jeez people.

I think some Husker fans, myself included, started believing that this could be the year Nebraska starts to shine again. I mean the VT game was in our grasp, then we beat Missouri....it seemed like we really were turning around. Obviously, there were offensive problems, but I thought we were learning as we went and would play much improved this week. I was wrong.

I think that's why it seems like meeting our "realistic goals" is disappointing. GBR.

Uh, TO didn't have a realistic shot at a National Title until after how many years as head coach (around ten to eleven). He was owned by OU in the beginning, It took him 20+yrs before he won a National Title. What really are you all expecting, it used to be that we were proud of the fact that we won 9+ games every year. We can still easily do that this year! Now it seems as if that is not good enouph, we are still a good team and this season is far from over!!!

:yeah A F&^%ING MEN!!! It is amazing how many people are calling it quits over one game. Six losses, lay off the :wasted . Anyway, we will be fine, TT was better than we thought and are offense does need some work, but jeez people.

No one is calling quits after 1 game. Remember when we played VT and MU and the offense couldn't score to save their life?

Our offense needs a LOT of work. They look terrible and they've shown almost no progress over the past few weeks. If this continues then this is going to be a long season

No one is calling quits after 1 game. Remember when we played VT and MU and the offense couldn't score to save their life?

Our offense needs a LOT of work. They look terrible and they've shown almost no progress over the past few weeks. If this continues then this is going to be a long season

Maybe your not, (have you been reading all of these posts?) but some definately are putting the nail in the Husker coffin as if this season is over and it is not. Thats all I am saying.

This is hilarious.

A week ago we were running the table and playing Alabama in the BCS Championship game.

The offense needs help, but you guys are overreacting.

:yeah

it's only two losses. :dumdum

a bowl is a lock, and a very good bowl is likely.

wasn't hearing that this week. a few were nervous, but the huge majority thought NU would win the TT game and some here thought BLOWOUT.

:dunno

Our defense will rip OU. The Gooners suck!!! Can't catch a ball or even hold onto it. When you run 80-100 plays a game and can't score and only can kick field goals you can't survive against our defense. Suh and company are too good. OU exposed Texas today. That is all that happened there. OU will come into our house and face the consequences of what they did to us in Norman last year. We could do it to them if they had of had "Sam I Am" but we will really do it to them with Landry and the girls. If you were in Norman last year and felt and heard what they were doing to us, you know OU has to get paid back for what they did and how they treated us. 9-3 and a great bowl!!!! But don't know who will beat us the rest of the year...could even be 10-2!!!!

Our defense will rip OU. The Gooners suck!!! Can't catch a ball or even hold onto it. When you run 80-100 plays a game and can't score and only can kick field goals you can't survive against our defense. Suh and company are too good. OU exposed Texas today. That is all that happened there. OU will come into our house and face the consequences of what they did to us in Norman last year. We could do it to them if they had of had "Sam I Am" but we will really do it to them with Landry and the girls. If you were in Norman last year and felt and heard what they were doing to us, you know OU has to get paid back for what they did and how they treated us. 9-3 and a great bowl!!!! But don't know who will beat us the rest of the year...could even be 10-2!!!!

I think you've OD'd on kool-aid