It's painful to watch such a great defense

It's a damn shame to keep watching such great play from a defense that is the caliber which could have this team competing for BCS bowls,BIG XII and National titles way before anyone expected if the other side of the ball could just put out an average preformance on the field.

I think no matter what happens Bo is off to an excellent start, the defensive future is extremely bright and elements will fall into place offensively that put Nebraska back into the top 5 consistantly in the next few years.

It's a damn shame to keep watching such great play from a defense that is the caliber which could have this team competing for BCS bowls,BIG XII and National titles way before anyone expected if the other side of the ball could just put out an average preformance on the field.

I think no matter what happens Bo is off to an excellent start, the defensive future is extremely bright and elements will fall into place offensively that put Nebraska back into the top 5 consistantly in the next few years.

I just worry that we replaced "coach to not be named" who was an offensive guy that let the defense collapse with Pelini and it appears the offense is now going to the wayside. Granted more wins will come from a great defense with an avg offense, but right now we have a horrendous offense.

This is a great defense, but I worry that if the offense keeps up the way that they have been playing, the defense may just follow. It is hard to maintain inensity and drive when the other half does not live up to its end of the bargain. It would not surprise me if Bo has a cast on his foot this week (if he kicks as many in the a$$es as should be kicked).

The Steelers showed how defense can win games and not just not lose them. One turnover would have been enough on Saturday.

wins

I dont know that it would have, who says we would have put it in the endzone or even got a FG out of it. We blocked a FG and got a huge return and couldnt convert on that. Personally a blocked FG with a huge return has more affect on momentum than getting a pick or a fumble.

This is NOT a great defense. It has one great PLAYER.

Beyond Suh, Nebraska is average at best in most positions on defense. Don't forget that other than Iowa State throwing the long pass immediately after the faked punt, they didn't take ONE, NOT ONE shot downfield on Saturday.

The Cyclones ran zone read after zone read and tried to sit on the ball after half time. Texas Tech played a similar second half the week before.

As soon as Oklahoma and Kansas roll up 30+ on Nebraska all of you "Blackshirt" clowns and "Throw Da Bones" idiots will be singing a different tune about this "great" defense.

I'm sure you think it'll get better, but the last time I checked, Suh is a senior and at this point, the 2009 season is a lost cause because the Nebraska offense is beyond pathetic.

Keep up the false hope, Husker Nation. It'll be a DECADE before you're relevant again.

Beyond Suh, Nebraska is average at best in most positions on defense. Don't forget that other than Iowa State throwing the long pass immediately after the faked punt, they didn't take ONE, NOT ONE shot downfield on Saturday.

The Cyclones ran zone read after zone read and tried to sit on the ball after half time. Texas Tech played a similar second half the week before.

As soon as Oklahoma and Kansas roll up 30+ on Nebraska all of you "Blackshirt" clowns and "Throw Da Bones" idiots will be singing a different tune about this "great" defense.

I'm sure you think it'll get better, but the last time I checked, Suh is a senior and at this point, the 2009 season is a lost cause because the Nebraska offense is beyond pathetic.

Keep up the false hope, Husker Nation. It'll be a DECADE before you're relevant again.

Wow!!!! That must have been hard to figure out. Lets see if your defense is on the field all day than yeah, your right we will probably give up a lot of points. A decade naahhh. We may be only one player away from putting a hell of a team on the field next year. Coaches need to get him off the bench now.

GBR!!!

Wow!!!! That must have been hard to figure out. Lets see if your defense is on the field all day than yeah, your right we will probably give up a lot of points. A decade naahhh. We may be only one player away from putting a hell of a team on the field next year. Coaches need to get him off the bench now.

GBR!!!

On the field "all day?" The TOP was 33:40 - 26:20, Iowa State. Not exactly a lopsided TOP game.

And who, pray tell, do you root for, to think that Nebraska doesn't have a great defense? Some bandwagon team? Not likely. The angst you have in your posts sounds more like a Colorado or Mizzou fan. Haha. How are their defenses holding up? Hell Mizzou gave up 27 points to arguably the worst offense Nebraska has had in over 40 years.

Who is your team, Massengill?

Please do not feed the trolls. Use the ignore function on the moron.

but Knapp, I am in the mood to make him look like an idiot. It will make me feel better and shouldn't be that difficult.

No, it won't be difficult. What would be great would be if he were to tell us his team. $20 says it's Missouri, which means he's over here trying to work out his angst over being winless in the Big XII when they thought they would compete for the North again.