SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

Here is the article from rivals:

February 1, 2010 - "Four star saftey Corey Cooper has had a long recruiting road. As we have told you before he is still planning on making his final decision on the morning of signing day. Because we here at rivals have had no real updates on Cooper for over a month now, we decided to publish this teaser story that offers really no new insight on the situation in an attempt to draw more subscribers to HuskersIllustrated.com Stay connected with HI.com tonight when we retell you the same information with different teasers."

I was about to say you might get in trouble for copying and pasting info like this.. then i read what was quoted and laughed..

Well done.

A Rivals teaser says he has "inched closer" to a decision. Anyone know?

Nothing too interesting. Basically Cooper says he has a pretty good idea of his choice, but he's not 100% sure yet. He has it narrowed to two schools (which he didn't name) and will talk with his dad tonight and have a definite decision by tomorrow morning (though he's still not announcing until Wednesday). One funny thing he said was that we should expect any theatrics with his announcement. He said he's not going to do any hat tricks; he's just going to make the announcement.

I hate to say this about kids, I have yet to really say this about anyone publically on this board. But Corey Cooper would be stupid if he didnt sign at NU.

I know we have heard it all but here it goes again:

Safties are a man named BO PELINI'S genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to be a millionaire NFL football player and you are a safety why would you turn BO PELINI down!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Fire 1

I hate to say this about kids, I have yet to really say this about anyone publically on this board. But Corey Cooper would be stupid if he didnt sign at NU.

Safties are a man named BO PELINI'S genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to be a millionaire NFL football player and you are a safety why would you turn BO PELINI down!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

EZ, I thought you were taking a break until Wednesday. What happened? Now your back and calling recruits stupid ( :) )....it's going to be a long day and a half :lol:

When people make comment like this it make no sense. Not every player that is selected will make it to the NFL. Pelini is not the only Coach to ever send a player to the league. As a Head Coach (I said head not DC) Suh will be his first coached player to make it big.
  • Fire 1

When people make comment like this it make no sense. Not every player that is selected will make it to the NFL. Pelini is not the only Coach to ever send a player to the league. As a Head Coach (I said head not DC) Suh will be his first coached player to make it big.

You cant eliminate half of his body of work to make your point. He coached plenty of players that you can say "he made," while he was a DC at NU the first time and at LSU.

• Fire 2

EZ, I thought you were taking a break until Wednesday. What happened? Now your back and calling recruits stupid ( :) )....it's going to be a long day and a half :lol:

Just call me Urban Meyer. :)

• Fire 1

thats absurd to not count his stints as d-coordinator.

Maybe i'm way slow on this but ND is recruiting Cooper as a WR!!! Supposedly he "wowed" ND at their camp last year at that position.

It's talked about here if you scroll down a little more than half a page.

If ND is recruiting Cooper for Offense that changes things... then it comes down to whether he'd rather play offense or defense. ND's poor defense no longer plays a role in the decision.

Maybe i'm way slow on this but ND is recruiting Cooper as a WR!!! Supposedly he "wowed" ND at their camp last year at that position.

If ND is recruiting Cooper for Offense that changes things... then it comes down to whether he'd rather play offense or defense. ND's poor defense no longer plays a role in the decision.

Yeah that definitely changes things. If that is the case I guess it just comes down to which side of the ball he likes to play more.

Yeah that definitely changes things. If that is the case I guess it just comes down to which side of the ball he likes to play more.

i have no real inclining about Cooper which scares... me

as i've said before its either 50/50

he comes or he doesnt.... i think the whole ND is a pl;oy and perhaps the only real way they could get him to campus... i.e. kelly suks on the d side and Notre Dame as a whole... in facts ND sucks harder than.... well lets just stop for now

I can see that changing things in the eyes of an 18 year. But if he thinks long and hard about it he'll realize that his best chance at success is at safety. Why would he want to go to ND and compete with "true" wide receivers? He's athletic, but we've watched plenty of recruits switch positions only to find themselves lost on the depth chart. There have been a few (cody glenn) that it worked out for, but I'd attribute that to Bo and consider it out of the ordinary. You look at Marcus M, and Latravius W and wonder what they could have been if they'd have stuck w/ their natural positions and we'll never know. I really liked watching mendoza carry the ball a couple of years ago. Then he trimmed down and kind of changed his style of play to switch to receiver, ended up back when we were short on depth and it cost him at least a year of eligibility, his spot on the chart and that's something he might never be able to regain.

I just don't see him wanting to go in and compete with Rudolph, Floyd, Walker, Kamara, Evens, Goodman, Toma, etc, etc. If anything, I see this as a smoke and mirror sale by ND...their intention is to put him back at safety. Both their starting safeties graduated this year, as did a couple more on the depth chart. They are short there, that's where he'll end up. They have recruited 2 safeties this year, one runs a 4.65 40, the other a 4.7. Slow white boys don't cut it 1 on 1 with someone like Floyd. They need Cooper in the secondary.