SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

I'd like to think the added benefit of having Coach Sanders on this visit today with Cooper is the fact that Sanders himself is an Illinois native. So they have that in common. Sometimes that can ease a kids mind when making a decision of this magnitude.

Didn't know that. Hope it makes a difference.

I'd like to think the added benefit of having Coach Sanders on this visit today with Cooper is the fact that Sanders himself is an Illinois native. So they have that in common. Sometimes that can ease a kids mind when making a decision of this magnitude.

Didn't know that. Hope it makes a difference.

Yeah, Sanders grew up 3.5 hrs. outside of Chicago. Cooper lives in suburban Chicago.

FWIW I just looked at Coopers rivals page and FSU is now listed as "low" interest with no visit date scheduled anymore. I really thought we were out of this one but I must admit its starting to look really good for us again. I don't think this is just another safety for this class I think this could be an Earl Thomas/Taylor Mays TYPE player for us in the future. I'm not saying he's going to be as great as those guys are but I def. think that he could be a great one. With him and Smith punishing WR's from the safety positions and Green and Middleton at the corners our secondary could stay very good for quite some time.

FWIW I just looked at Coopers rivals page and FSU is now listed as "low" interest with no visit date scheduled anymore. I really thought we were out of this one but I must admit its starting to look really good for us again. I don't think this is just another safety for this class I think this could be an Earl Thomas/Taylor Mays TYPE player for us in the future. I'm not saying he's going to be as great as those guys are but I def. think that he could be a great one. With him and Smith punishing WR's from the safety positions and Green and Middleton at the corners our secondary could stay very good for quite some time.

Yeah Cooper would be a great pick up. Don't forget Dijon Washington next year though.

It is Sanders making the difference here. This is his deal. He has done an excellent job fighting off the vultures that have been lurking around Corey. Now its his job to close the deal here.

Exactly right. Spot on.

Probably right . . . but more accurately aren't we one of the vultures trying to fight off the other vultures? He is an Illinois commit after all . . .

It is Sanders making the difference here. This is his deal. He has done an excellent job fighting off the vultures that have been lurking around Corey. Now its his job to close the deal here.

Exactly right. Spot on.

Probably right . . . but more accurately aren't we one of the vultures trying to fight off the other vultures? He is an Illinois commit after all . . .

To a degree. He hasnt been solid for quite some time..

Exactly right. Spot on.

He is no longer an Illinois commit per rivals. Not even a "soft" verbal.

It is us and ND if in fact FSU is completely out of it.

But make no mistake about it, it was Marvin Sanders that got Corey to put FSU on the back burner.

This is one of the strangest recruiting ordeals that I can remember for a Nebraska recruit. Obviously we have had some guys flip flop before and things like that, but with Cooper it seems like every time someone gets a read on this kid he pulls a 180 on them. So hopefully Sanders can convince him to give his pledge to us. Ill just be happy when NSD is over.

Crabtree had this to say about Cooper in his chat earlier today:

"If anybody claims to know where Corey is ending up at, then they know more than Corey and his family do. The last few weeks have been trying and confusing times for him."

I read that whole transcript and Crabtree also said, Tyler Moore will get a serious look at 4 star status.... :facepalm: what a freaking joke.

Crabtree had this to say about Cooper in his chat earlier today:

"If anybody claims to know where Corey is ending up at, then they know more than Corey and his family do. The last few weeks have been trying and confusing times for him."

I read that whole transcript and Crabtree also said, Tyler Moore will get a serious look at 4 star status.... :facepalm: what a freaking joke.

Crabtree is a Midwest guy though isnt he?