SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

Well, if he's doing like Bo says and making sure he's 100%, then that's what he needs to do. This is exactly what we want...kids that WANT to be N without any doubts. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out.

It is fun to get caught up in the hype of recruiting but this is about these kids' life and it is just entertainment for us.

so any more news on how the in home went at this point in time........

overhere.gifoverhere.gif

It looks like HI has an updated story, which I'm assuming is an update of this evenings in-home. Hopefully someone with access can fill us in a bit.

There was no in-home, Sanders dropped by the school to say hi, hung out and told him to take his time to make the right decision. People may be up in arms about why Marvin didn't go by the house, but Corey is sick of the process, there is nothing else Sanders could say. Stop in, see how the young man is doing and let him make his decision. Sounds like Sanders did exactly what was needed with him given the situation, we'll see shortly hopefully.

I'm sure Marvin knows what he's doing. But if it's me recruiting Cooper, I would definitely stop by his house if I'm allowed. If he doesn't want to talk recruiting, fine. Let's just play PS3 and order pizza. Hell, I'd even put on a white suit and bow tie and spend the evening standing next to his bathroom sink with a bowl of mints just so I could hand him a towel and say hi after he uses the toilet. Okay, we're probably all better off having Marvin as the recruiter.

When we first found out that Corey was going to drag on the process longer than most of us anticipated, I thought that he just wanted to do the Hat Think on Signing Day. It just seems pretty clear, that the issues at Illinois, Arizona, USC(Prater), etc. all jumbled his head in a short amount of time. He really felt uncomfortable, which is why I think in his confusion he agreed to visit FSU. I think over the last 1.5 weeks, he has started getting more comfortable in what he wants to do. He realized that he really isn't interested in FSU, his buddy Prater stayed with USC, and I think he realized finally that Illinois is not where he wants to be. I think he knows which way he is leaning, but just wants to let it sink in a bit to make sure he is 100% comfortable with that choice since he went through a mental jumble over the last 3 weeks.

When we first found out that Corey was going to drag on the process longer than most of us anticipated, I thought that he just wanted to do the Hat Think on Signing Day. It just seems pretty clear, that the issues at Illinois, Arizona, USC(Prater), etc. all jumbled his head in a short amount of time. He really felt comfortable, which is why I think in his confusion he agreed to visit FSU. I think over the last 1.5 weeks, he has started getting more comfortable in what he wants to do. He realized that he really isn't interested in FSU, his buddy Prater stayed with USC, and I think he realized finally that Illinois is not where he wants to be. I think he knows which way he is leaning, but just wants to let it sink in a bit to make sure he is 100% comfortable with that choice since he went through a mental jumble over the last 3 weeks.

:yeah

When we first found out that Corey was going to drag on the process longer than most of us anticipated, I thought that he just wanted to do the Hat Think on Signing Day. It just seems pretty clear, that the issues at Illinois, Arizona, USC(Prater), etc. all jumbled his head in a short amount of time. He really felt uncomfortable, which is why I think in his confusion he agreed to visit FSU. I think over the last 1.5 weeks, he has started getting more comfortable in what he wants to do. He realized that he really isn't interested in FSU, his buddy Prater stayed with USC, and I think he realized finally that Illinois is not where he wants to be. I think he knows which way he is leaning, but just wants to let it sink in a bit to make sure he is 100% comfortable with that choice since he went through a mental jumble over the last 3 weeks.

Good Post

agreed.

how much do you guys/girls think the current class affects his decision? if we come out of this weekend w/ Carnes & Owa committed, obviously that would help our chances, but does that have much of an impact really?

sign carnes (or godfrey) and a small question mark regarding our offense is answered. sign Owa and the "chance" that our defense drops out of the top 10 in the coming years is greatly reduced. Obviously I don't think that our offense or defense hinges on these 2 players...I just think personally as a recruit I'd feel a lot better joining a class with a few other blue chip players. it would make my decision easier if i was on the fence that's for sure.

how much do you guys/girls think the current class affects his decision?

None. I think he will do whats best for him. Because three years from now half the class might not even be at Nebraska anymore.

speaking of that (and sorry to get slightly off topic) - has anyone ever looked into turnover rates in Pelini's classes vs. the Callahan era or vs. other coaches. I know it's really early yet...but the team is loaded with freshman & redshirt freshman & it seems to me that the turnover has been fairly low (which is both good and bad at times). Is Pelini going to allow a marginal player that didn't pan out for whatever reason to maintain his scholarship for 4-5 years when it could have been used by someone else? Callahan seems like the type of guy that would have told the kid to take a hike, Pelini doesn't seem to be that way...which is good. But it also would reduces our 'contributing' scholarship numbers.

None. I think he will do whats best for him. Because three years from now half the class might not even be at Nebraska anymore.

speaking of that (and sorry to get slightly off topic) - has anyone ever looked into turnover rates in Pelini's classes vs. the Callahan era or vs. other coaches. I know it's really early yet...but the team is loaded with freshman & redshirt freshman & it seems to me that the turnover has been fairly low (which is both good and bad at times). Is Pelini going to allow a marginal player that didn't pan out for whatever reason to maintain his scholarship for 4-5 years when it could have been used by someone else? Callahan seems like the type of guy that would have told the kid to take a hike, Pelini doesn't seem to be that way...which is good. But it also would reduces our 'contributing' scholarship numbers.

If you look at the 2008 class, Pelini's transition year class, quite a few players aren't with the team anymore. Pelini is all about competition, players will realize where they sit within the team and if they want to play they will leave. The roster is heavy on younger players because Callahan did a bad job of roster management AND Bo redshirted nearly 2 entire classes. When Redshirting in mass wasn't done as much before, it cause inequities in class sizes. Look at the Junior Class to be, only like 12 or so in it. More players could be in that class if Bo didn't make the decision to RS most of his first recruiting class. I think Bo had to do it to help build future depth and competition, but because of Callahan's mistakes by going to JUCO heavy in a couple of classes it will cause problems in the future. Really surprised Bo and Co will take 21 this year, should have 21-25 next year, question is how they get the number above 15 in 2012. After 2012, the classes should be more evened out.

i see your point, but i'm pretty sure bo will handle this in the same manner osborne did (and, presumably, most other coaches do), which is to sit kids down and explain their prospects for future playing time and how they might have a better chance of contributing at another school. if a kid doesn't want to transfer out (and keeps his nose clean), bearing his scholarship out is just the price of keeping your integrity, as you made a commitment to the kid and his family.