SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

how much do you guys/girls think the current class affects his decision?

None. I think he will do whats best for him. Because three years from now half the class might not even be at Nebraska anymore.

speaking of that (and sorry to get slightly off topic) - has anyone ever looked into turnover rates in Pelini's classes vs. the Callahan era or vs. other coaches. I know it's really early yet...but the team is loaded with freshman & redshirt freshman & it seems to me that the turnover has been fairly low (which is both good and bad at times). Is Pelini going to allow a marginal player that didn't pan out for whatever reason to maintain his scholarship for 4-5 years when it could have been used by someone else? Callahan seems like the type of guy that would have told the kid to take a hike, Pelini doesn't seem to be that way...which is good. But it also would reduces our 'contributing' scholarship numbers.

i see your point, but i'm pretty sure bo will handle this in the same manner osborne did (and, presumably, most other coaches do), which is to sit kids down and explain their prospects for future playing time and how they might have a better chance of contributing at another school. if a kid doesn't want to transfer out (and keeps his nose clean), bearing his scholarship out is just the price of keeping your integrity, as you made a commitment to the kid and his family.

Maybe we should have a seperate thread in the main recruiting section so we don't derail this one, but 72% of the roster(102 of 142 players total) are Fr./RFr./So./RSo. for 2009. I would say that it is a bit too early to say how many of those are non-contributors, except several of the RSo/So. group. Now that doesn't pare out the Scholarship atheletes, but it gives the general idea. I would guess most of who you would consider non-contributers are going to be Seniors this year or a few going to be Juniors. Getting them to leave this coming year, or even next year for the Juniors to be, doesn't solve your issue of the uneven classes because the crunch really hits in 2012 after they will have graduated. Regarding the others, it is too early IMO to determine if that player will or will not contribute. A lot of players need 3 or so years to really develop.

Maybe we should have a seperate thread in the main recruiting section so we don't derail this one, but 72% of the roster(102 of 142 players total) are Fr./RFr./So./RSo. for 2009. I would say that it is a bit too early to say how many of those are non-contributors, except several of the RSo/So. group. Now that doesn't pare out the Scholarship atheletes, but it gives the general idea. I would guess most of who you would consider non-contributers are going to be Seniors this year or a few going to be Juniors. Getting them to leave this coming year, or even next year for the Juniors to be, doesn't solve your issue of the uneven classes because the crunch really hits in 2012 after they will have graduated. Regarding the others, it is too early IMO to determine if that player will or will not contribute. A lot of players need 3 or so years to really develop.

i would say the coaches should have a good idea of a kid's prospects after two or, at very most, three seasons, allowing the kid to have two or three years to play at a level more commensurate to his abilities.

Just saw where Luke Massa (Cincinnati QB commit) received and offere from ND and will visit the 29th. They already have Hendrix (4*) and Rees (3* already enrolled). It is painfully OBVIOUS that ND will be all offense, no defense. Cooper would not be wise to go there.

This is also good news for us - not that this 3* is "suposedly" better than Cooper but it looks like ND is searching elsewhere.

Safety Jeremy Ioane, a former high school teammate of current Irish Manti Te'o and Roby Toma, has also received an Irish offer and will visit the last weekend of this month.

"I think Notre Dame's pursuing Ioane a little bit more because he's actually a better player (than Cooper), Lemming said.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Jeremy-Ioane-95288

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100121/SPORTS13/100129855/1130

Munson just said on 1620 that Marvin's in-home with Cooper went as well as Owa's visit, which was amazingly well according to him. He thinks Nebraska is in a great position to land both Cooper and Owa. He said Cooper might be trying to downplay things, but the in-home went very, very well.

Just saw where Luke Massa (Cincinnati QB commit) received and offere from ND and will visit the 29th. They already have Hendrix (4*) and Rees (3* already enrolled). It is painfully OBVIOUS that ND will be all offense, no defense. Cooper would not be wise to go there.

This is also good news for us - not that this 3* is "suposedly" better than Cooper but it looks like ND is searching elsewhere.

Safety Jeremy Ioane, a former high school teammate of current Irish Manti Te'o and Roby Toma, has also received an Irish offer and will visit the last weekend of this month.

"I think Notre Dame's pursuing Ioane a little bit more because he's actually a better player (than Cooper), Lemming said.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Jeremy-Ioane-95288

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100121/SPORTS13/100129855/1130

Brian Kelly I don't think even knows what a defense is. Hell Cinci defense didn't even show up against Florida and just image how Brian Kellys defense is going to be with Notre Dames schedule compared to the Big East schedule. He'll get to play against the big dogs like Michigan and USC annually and now Standford is on the rise and Michigan State hasn't looked to bad either.

Good news on the in home visit that Sanders had with Cooper and that says alot about a coach who spends all day with a kid, thats dedication and a sign that the coach cares and wants to make sure that this kid makes the right choice.

I would hardly say that ND's schedule is "playing with the big dogs". They play a couple good teams a year and aside from that it's all middle of the pack teams.

yup. their overall schedule seems to typically be about the same or (more often) weaker than any BCS conference team.

I would hardly say that ND's schedule is "playing with the big dogs". They play a couple good teams a year and aside from that it's all middle of the pack teams.

yup. their overall schedule seems to typically be about the same or (more often) weaker than any BCS conference team.

I think you both missed the part where I named the big dog schools for example Michigan, USC, Michigan State, Stanford. I think a lot of people would agree that ND's schedule is a lot harder than Cinci's.

Munson just said on 1620 that Marvin's in-home with Cooper went as well as Owa's visit, which was amazingly well according to him. He thinks Nebraska is in a great position to land both Cooper and Owa. He said Cooper might be trying to downplay things, but the in-home went very, very well.

Not sure if anyone posted this video of Corey Cooper. Didn't realize he played WR too.

Not sure if anyone posted this video of Corey Cooper. Didn't realize he played WR too.

Wow, that's one hell of an athlete. After seeing his ability to run with the ball after the catch I'm thinking he'll be a threat after he picks those Gabbert passes.

• Fire 1

Wow, that's one hell of an athlete. After seeing his ability to run with the ball after the catch I'm thinking he'll be a threat after he picks those Gabbert passes.

I can now understand why the staff has jizz stains for so long. I thought he was hyped a little but he may closer to 5 stars looking at that tape.

Looks like Asante does and he is a HS Senior.

I thought he looked a little awkward with the ball in his hands. He can make the cuts, it just seemed like he slowed down too much to make them. Definitely looked like a straight line speed guy. But that might just be the video, that definitely sucked. Too much quick little flashbacks after he made plays. Just an overall bad highlight reel. The reel also focused too much on offense when the guy is going to college as a Safety, didn't see too much on the defensive side of the ball, but he did look good when they did show defense.

I don't know if this has been said and I don't feel like going thru 9 pages to find out but here is a quote from Scout.com editor Allen Wallace:

Right now, if I were at the tables on Vegas and I had to put my money down, Id have to say that Corey Cooper looks like hes a Nebraska signee.

I found this quote here and feel free to read the whole article.