We can't beat OU

If we can only muster 29 pts in two games agianst probably the two worst b12 defenses the game agianst OU is going to be on par with the game last year. My guess OU wins 45-3. We have no shot. In the 2nd half of the Baylor game we had like 4 consecutive 3 and outs, and that will only be amplified when playing OU. Our defense will hold up for the first half but after running out on the field every 4th play it will eventually wear us out and the defense will be puddy by the time the 3rd qtr rolls around.

Our offense sucks! dedhoarse

OU is such a loser.

Three games lost to three top 20 ranked teams, getting blown out in all of them, buy a total of 5 points. One massive loss to the number 2 team in the BCS. Their defense could not stop Texas from amassing a whole 3 more points. God they suck. And their crappy defense allowing a mind blowing 16 points.

Yea I see no reason we will not run up the score on them.

Our advantage is the home field, currently viewed by the team as against them. I am sure that is going to help as the boo birds are out in full force by the midway point of the first quarter. Of course it will get better closer to half time as most of the stadium will be empty.

Sooners 3 Nebraska 41

Take it to the Bank.

:hellloooo

We struggled to put 13 offensive points up on a Baylor and you think we can put 41 up on OU's D. That's laughable. Our offense is below average this year. We have a 10-2 defense and a 5-7 offense. That's all there is to it.

Whatever you're taking to the bank is going to bounce.

I'm sick and tired of all of the negativity on this board....it's like some of you just thrive on the drama of us losing. OU's offensive line is not that great and I think we have a salty bunch in Suh, Crick, Allen, and Turner...they are going to give OU's line everything they can handle. I think our D matches up pretty favorably against OU's O. The key to this game is going to be how our offense responds to such a great defense.. If we can some how manage to move the football and maybe put up a few points, then I think our defense can keep it close. Here is to a good one :cheers

GO BIG RED

OU is going to struggle against our defense. I think they will give us a chance to compete. OU is not a normal OU team this year.

I have no doubt our D will play them great. My fear is what our O is going to give them. If we start the game deep in our territory, they may never have to go more than 50 yards to score. While we all like to believe OU is not a normal OU team this year, is this really true? I mean they have 3 losses by a total of 5 points. They're not quite as good as maybe thye have been. However, I think they just haven't had the "luck" this year. With any kind of luck at all this year, they are undefeated and #1 or #2 in the BCS. Make no mistake about it, OU is a pretty good team. They are better than any team we've faced this year even without Bradford. While our D did keep Baylor out of the endzone, Baylor's O did still move the ball on our D. I think it's naive to think OU won't do a better job of moving the ball and scoring than Baylor did.

OU is going to struggle against our defense. I think they will give us a chance to compete. OU is not a normal OU team this year.

I have no doubt our D will play them great. My fear is what our O is going to give them. If we start the game deep in our territory, they may never have to go more than 50 yards to score. While we all like to believe OU is not a normal OU team this year, is this really true? I mean they have 3 losses by a total of 5 points. They're not quite as good as maybe thye have been. However, I think they just haven't had the "luck" this year. With any kind of luck at all this year, they are undefeated and #1 or #2 in the BCS. Make no mistake about it, OU is a pretty good team. They are better than any team we've faced this year even without Bradford. While our D did keep Baylor out of the endzone, Baylor's O did still move the ball on our D. I think it's naive to think OU won't do a better job of moving the ball and scoring than Baylor did.

I don't agree with this sentiment. I believe Tech, with Sheffield, had a better offense than OU this season. Bottom line is we need turnovers, momentum, and defensive scores to win this game. The Blackshirts need to win this game for us. They need to put the NU offense in winnable situations.

But NU losing this game more in the 19-3 range is far more reasonable than 42-10. Sorry, I just don't see any team with a bad offensive line scoring 42 points on Nebraska in 2009.

Michael, try reading the post. :sarcasm

I do not think you go the drift so to speak.

If we score a point I will be amazed, unless the defense does it.

We will hold them for a short period, but OU will roll by the time the third quarter starts is my guess.

This could be on the level of Texas Tech at Lubbock a few years back.

This could end up being our most embarassing loss at home, it has the makings of it.

We are not a good team, we have a descent defense, but it will be worn out.

We have not faced and beaten a winning team is my count.

Unless there are Sun belt dynasties I am not aware of.

When you play cream puffs your ranking is higher.

Not saying we do not have a good defense, but it is not as good as some of you think.

Front four on par with the top in the country, beyond them we have question marks against a quality team.

We will see a quality team that was able to score on Texas, but Texas only put 16 on them. Overall our defense is not the level of Texas or Oklahoma. Our offense will not make many first downs, unless a miracle happens this week.

With the D on the field every fourth play we will be hard pressed to keep them fresh.

We have played no on the level of OU. 5 points seperates them from being #1 or #2 and undefeated against quality teams. This with out three of their maiin players.

When people make unrealistic projections and hype the others to buy into it we see things like what happened with Callahan. This team is a couple of years away from playing with Oklahoma on a level field. To think any different is just being blind.

AF, TO BULL , I will make you a bet.

Nebraska stays within 24 points I will not post for one month.

Over 25 you don't.

Trust me I would welcome being the loser on this, but reality says we do not have a chance.

I don't agree with this sentiment. I believe Tech, with Sheffield, had a better offense than OU this season. Bottom line is we need turnovers, momentum, and defensive scores to win this game. The Blackshirts need to win this game for us. They need to put the NU offense in winnable situations.

But NU losing this game more in the 19-3 range is far more reasonable than 42-10. Sorry, I just don't see any team with a bad offensive line scoring 42 points on Nebraska in 2009.

I also think OU's D is better than TT's. Like I said earlier if they pin us deep and we punt, they may not have to go over 50 yards to score. It could probably be said that TT has a better offense than Alabama as well, but Alabama is still ranked #3 in the BCS. OU's offense isn't what scares me. It's their D.

As much as I hate to say it, sometimes the truth hurts.

We don't have a chance in hell at beating the Sooners.

If anything we're going to have our hands full just tying to keep it from being an absolute blowout. I don't think we'll get much more than 3 - 6 points.

I'm glad to see you have discovered a new, fresh, unique thread over an issue no one has thought of yet to discuss on this message board. :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:blink::blink::blink::ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:bs::blink::ahhhhhhhh:bs::corndance:corndance:corndance:facepalm::cowbell::koolaid2:chuckleshufflechuckleshufflechuckleshuffle:thumbs:sarcasm