Suh Incident

Enhance

Suh is lucky, even though he was below a .08, he COULD have still been charged if the officer felt it was the cause.

http://uniweb.legislature.ne.gov/laws/stat...ute=s6006196000

•It is not necessary for a conviction for driving under the influence of alcoholic liquor that a sample of blood, breath, or urine show a certain concentration of alcohol in a defendant's blood, breath, or urine, as those are alternate offenses under this section. Either a law enforcement officer's observations of the defendant's intoxicated behavior or the defendant's poor performance on field sobriety tests constitutes sufficient evidence to sustain a conviction of driving while under the influence of alcoholic beverages. State v. Green, 238 Neb. 328, 470 N.W.2d 736 (1991).

I don't see why he's doing this now. Wait until you get that fat NFL paycheck and then drive drunk all you want...up until that point, keep it vanilla.

Foolish exaggerations don't make your point, they make you look foolish.

Just sayin'.

Not to most people, its clear he is joking, it is basically satire. We have talked about this before, I am not sure why you either do not see humor in it or realize that it is humor. Either way, you should still get it.

Now what looks foolish is your post about it, because everyone that read it probably rolled their eyes.

That's true, but a couple of different news articles have confirmed that the officer initially felt alcohol was involved, then did a FST, and determined it was not.

All it would have taken in ONE cop trying to make a name for himself.

Not saying that all police officers would do this, but lets face it, there are some out there that would have taken Suh to jail for this, and some DA's that would have thrown the book at him as an example.

Suh is lucky, even though he was below a .08, he COULD have still been charged if the officer felt it was the cause.

•It is not necessary for a conviction for driving under the influence of alcoholic liquor that a sample of blood, breath, or urine show a certain concentration of alcohol in a defendant's blood, breath, or urine, as those are alternate offenses under this section. Either a law enforcement officer's observations of the defendant's intoxicated behavior or the defendant's poor performance on field sobriety tests constitutes sufficient evidence to sustain a conviction of driving while under the influence of alcoholic beverages. State v. Green, 238 Neb. 328, 470 N.W.2d 736 (1991).

Wow, guess I didn't realize that. But I guess it would make sense. I just hope the negligent driving charge is all that it ends up being. Is it possible for anything else as far as legal trouble gets tacked on now? Or is this pretty well cut and dried? I don't know too much about how this stuff works.

P.S. If I need any legal research done for the purpose of HuskerBoard, I'm gonna have jliehr do it. First the official report...now this. Do work son! (Then again, maybe I'm just lazy)

Wow, guess I didn't realize that. But I guess it would make sense. I just hope the negligent driving charge is all that it ends up being. Is it possible for anything else as far as legal trouble gets tacked on now? Or is this pretty well cut and dried? I don't know too much about how this stuff works.

P.S. If I need any legal research done for the purpose of HuskerBoard, I'm gonna have jliehr do it. First the official report...now this. Do work son! (Then again, maybe I'm just lazy)

Heh, I do what I can. Pretty much it's the officers word, it would take an act of congress to have someone not on scene overrule the officer on scene. I guess it'd be possible if someone reviewed the in car video of the interaction, but i'd be shocked if it happened.

It'd be interesting to see the video of the stop, that's for sure. Not sure if that'd be considered public record?

I don't see why he's doing this now. Wait until you get that fat NFL paycheck and then drive drunk all you want...up until that point, keep it vanilla.

Just sayin'.

Calling people foolish and taking shots at people (which you do constantly) doesn't make you sound wise, it makes you look lame.

Just sayin'

Just sayin'.

Not to most people, its clear he is joking, it is basically satire. We have talked about this before, I am not sure why you either do not see humor in it or realize that it is humor. Either way, you should still get it.

Now what looks foolish is your post about it, because everyone that read it probably rolled their eyes.

I'll do my best to work up some concern over whether you think I don't get jokes or not. UGA has a history, well documented, of finding the worst things to harp on about. He earned this rep, I'm not creating it.

You want to defend that, it's on you.

Just sayin'.

Calling people foolish and taking shots at people (which you do constantly) doesn't make you sound wise, it makes you look lame.

Just sayin'

Again, I'll do my best to work up some concern over your opinion of me. Don't hold your breath.

And women are supposed to be the ones who gossip?????

New flash the message board is made for gossip, bantar, and coversation. You have been here long enough to konw that.

...and you haven't been here long enough to dis Ohiohusker.

T_O_B

:angry:

Dont think I dissed anyone. All im sayin is there was a potential story about suh (the leader of our team) at 11:00 AM this morning. A lot of people struck it down and turns out there was something to it. The comment I made was that this is a message board and being such people make comments like the one you just made. I am within my right to defend the right to gossip or carry on a conversation on a message board. If you can show me that in the board rules I will be glad to correct my mistake.

And women are supposed to be the ones who gossip?????

New flash the message board is made for gossip, bantar, and coversation. You have been here long enough to konw that.

...and you haven't been here long enough to dis Ohiohusker.

T_O_B

:angry:

Dont think I dissed anyone. All im sayin is there was a potential story about suh (the leader of our team) at 11:00 AM this morning. A lot of people struck it down and turns out there was something to it. The comment I made was that this is a message board and being such people make comments like the one you just made. I am within my right to defend the right to gossip or carry on a conversation on a message board. If you can show me that in the board rules I will be glad to correct my mistake.

Chill out KoolAid! Everybody is entitled to an opinion. I just commented on how funny I thought it was that a bunch of men are gossiping!

Thanks T_O_B.......!