How quick alot people on here are to jump back on the bandwagon and it makes me laugh, and all of you know who you are

The thing that worries me about this win, is I dont think people realize that our team still has some huge issues. Honestly if it wasnt for our defense stepping up and finally producing turnovers, which had be lacking all year and now allows us to call the defense great, we would have lost this game. Our offense was still ineffective, those that say Helu played great I would have to disagree other than the long run for about sixty yards we had no production. This starts with the offensive line, and I dont think that is a hangover from call-a-crap, I blame cotton. I wasnt impressed in 2002-2003, nor am I now. I dont understand how in the 9th game of the year you still have false starts and are getting blown off the line. People say that Green and Lee played like crap, well they didnt have enough time to set up and throw, the line was getting blown back and this was same for our rushing game. Its not the rb fault, those guys had to make 3 or 4 moves just to get back to the line of scrimage. Regardless we won an amazing game, however before we get to far ahead of ourselves, we still have alot of work to do before we play the likes of Texas or possibly USC or LSU in a bowl game. I dont doubt we can do it, but something has to change up front because thats were it begins.

How quick alot people on here are to jump back on the bandwagon and it makes me laugh, and all of you know who you are

GO BIG RED!!

I think there are some of us eating crow, but we could have been right as easy as you think you are now. So take your hate and discontent with others on this board and stick it. :nutz

I think all Husker fans are happy we won, but anyone that thinks there still isn't problems on this offense is in fantasy land. The defense won this game - they stepped up. The offense had very little to do with it. Getting 1 of 14 3rd down conversions will not win you games. This game very easily could have gone the other way in a big way. So take your self-righteousness and stick it, otherwise you may just eat it next week or the week after.

I will eat my crow, will you eat yours? That time is probably coming, too. But then I won't be on here calling you out. Yeah, I want to win, and I want a complete team - and we aren't there yet. That don't make me a bandwagon fan. I don't call for the heads of coaches, without even knowing who there is out there that would want to come in here, or that would even be up to Nebraska's standards. But I will talk about what I see is wrong, and that don't make me a bandwagon fan. But I am also not a homer, though I have been accused of that too on here...I will not sit back and say all is right when it is very evident that it isn't.

I hope we can find a way to win out the rest of the season. It will be an uphill battle, though.

GBR!

Dead on with your comments! :snacks: (BTW...those are crow chips in the bag)

um, yeah, I don't see the bandwagon thing at all.

our offense needs some help, but 3 things stood out to me..

1) Watts committed to running the ball. Mind you, this was against a great OU rushing defense, and we did "chip away" and get more and more yards as the night went on.

2) Roy Helu is the real deal, when healthy.

3) I liked that Watson was on the sideline again, I do think it helps for both QB's.

Sidenote: LTW better get a redshirt this year, I want that mofo available for 2 more years, cause he has big intangibles... plus, it wouldn't surprise me to see him light it up again next spring and start in 2010 & 2011.

I didn't think we would win. I said the only way we win is if the score comes down to 10-3 or 10-7 or something low scoring like that. This happened. They missed 3 field goals. Their OC I thought called a horrible game. OU lost this game more than we won it. However, I will gladly take what we have this year (no offense, powerful defense) any day over the Clownahan model (good offense, no defense). We at least have a chance at victory with Bo's model. With Clownahan's model, we won very few trackmeets.

What kills me is the number of OU fans calling for Stoop's job. WTF? Most of the papers aren't giving Nebraska's defense any credit. It's all the qb's fault and bob's fault and well....looks like one of our meltdowns. :)

Oh and by the way....How quickly people on here are to attack one another.

I recall fans wanting to fire TO because he couldn't win the big ones.

Also, based on what I see on this board, you'd think we'd never lost a game because the other side was good. It's generally because so-and-so sucks; e.g., Watson, Lee, etc. One can't expect any different from Sooner fans. "Fan" must be derived from fanatical not reasonable.

Well I can agree with you a little bit there. Whenever a team loses there will always be some type of blame game going on and it has always been that way. This year the only game I say we truly lost was Texas Tech. They outplayed us and they beat us soundly. Iowa State and Virginia Tech we gave those games away. Virginia Tech is a great team, but we had plenty of chances to put them away and didn't do it. Iowa State we gave them 8 gifts and they still almost didn't take it.

To the OP...no one has jumped on or off the bandwagon. We still love our Huskers, but it is what it is. Our offense still stinks, but I think we are learning on that side of the ball. Even after the win there are still a lot of questions that still need to be answered, so it is still one game at a time.

I whole heartedly agree, I know there are major problems on the Offensive side of the ball side and never said otherwise. The one thing that irks me the most, are the morons on here that claimed before the game NU's Defense wasn't very good because our Defense hasn't played a top notch Offense, what about Texas Tech as they are ranked 5th in the nation in Total Offense and 4th in Scoring Offense, and Techs Offense is light years better than OU's. Yet The Blackshirs held them to 259 yards of Total Offense which happened to be 243 yards under their average which was 185 yards less than what Texas gave up to them. In Techs game against us, they were 23 of 32 for 234 yards, against Texas 46 of 62 for 420 yards. Tech Scored only 24 against the Blackshirts as well as only 24 against Texas as well. I said it and will say it again, we lost because the Offense decided not to even make a showing in that game, going 3 and out on almost every possesion and leaving the Defense out on the field all day long. You can't expect a Defense to be on the field all day without any help from your Offense and not expect the type of result to happen that did. Plain and simple, had we had an Offense we would now be 9-0. Granted Football is a team sport, but it was the Offense that day that lost it for us against Tech and not the Blackshirts. Everyone on here took my posts before the game for granted.. I was the one that said if we got a lead, we would win as OU's Offense wasn't good enough to successfully and consistantly score on the Blackshirts. I was right. For those who think this was a fluke, it wasn't Landry just flubbing up on the Offense for OU it was the Blackshirts relentlessly harrassing him into those positions all game long.

I didn't think we would win. I said the only way we win is if the score comes down to 10-3 or 10-7 or something low scoring like that. This happened. They missed 3 field goals. Their OC I thought called a horrible game. OU lost this game more than we won it. However, I will gladly take what we have this year (no offense, powerful defense) any day over the Clownahan model (good offense, no defense). We at least have a chance at victory with Bo's model. With Clownahan's model, we won very few trackmeets.

Now thats a bit unfair to say that ou lost the game instead of us winning, I mean their turnovers were forced. They werent like the iowa state game where receivers are fumbling running into the endzone. The fieldgoals yes he missed them, but we put them in the long range situations and the crowd volume im sure helped. Thats what homefield advantage does, granted our offensive didnt do much to win it, our defense won it for us. I think if our defense didnt play the way we did, oklahoma would have won. It has been a long time since db and safties are flying to the ball and making open field tackles, props are deserved for sure to the blackshirts.

national consensus is that the blackshirts are indeed back...

ranked 2nd in the nation to Florida in points allowed.

other articles out there on how we might screw up Texas's bid for the national championship..

I think we got to take it 1 game at a time, and find some semblance of an offense

Any time you get 5 turnovers from Oklahoma, you did something right I agree, but they did something wrong.

Would you say Iowa State outplayed us or did we have a hand in giving them the game. Pretty much the same stats.

A great win, a good coaching win, but we did little to beat Oklahoma offensively. Not taking anything from the defense but seldom does a team of Oklahoma's stature score only three points and do they lose to someone scoring only 10.

This was a gift, a very well deserved gift, because of the defense, but I seriously doubt if we played them ten times we would win more than the one we did.

That said, I do believe the defense is good enough for us to win out. Doing that brings us to Texas and I will have to look at that at that ime.

Be proud of our accomplishment, but again be realistic as to why it happened.

They had no choice but to play a freshman QB, we had options and thank god the staff took them.

Any time you get 5 turnovers from Oklahoma, you did something right I agree, but they did something wrong.

Would you say Iowa State outplayed us or did we have a hand in giving them the game. Pretty much the same stats.

A great win, a good coaching win, but we did little to beat Oklahoma offensively. Not taking anything from the defense but seldom does a team of Oklahoma's stature score only three points and do they lose to someone scoring only 10.

This was a gift, a very well deserved gift, because of the defense, but I seriously doubt if we played them ten times we would win more than the one we did.

That said, I do believe the defense is good enough for us to win out. Doing that brings us to Texas and I will have to look at that at that ime.

Be proud of our accomplishment, but again be realistic as to why it happened.

They had no choice but to play a freshman QB, we had options and thank god the staff took them.

we had 4 turnovers inside the 5..... how many did they have? we had turnovers the were totally unforced(niles)

similar.... but not the same.

Yeah the two games can't be compared. They tried to on the radio this morning. GRRR. Niles dropped the ball on his way to the endzone. Our defenders got stripped...combination of poor technique and good technique (ISU).

Our picks were all created. A tipped ball by suh caused one. The disguised coverages have been talked about in articles...making Landry believe he had the middle open when he was being bated. The pressure forcing poor throws. The defense took the ball away. It wasn't handed to em. Even if their kicker makes the two field goals he missed (the block doesn't count)...we still win and we missed one too.