Why Cody Green will start against Kansas

Cody Green was sick with the flu yesterday which negatively impacted his performance. Zac Lee was brought in because Green was sick, even though he didn't look any better. A sick Cody Green is equivalent to a healthy Zac Lee. Cody Green will start against Kansas because:

1) He will be over the flu by next weekend

2) He is a running threat

3) His passing accuracy is better than Zac Lee

4) He has a better arm than Zac Lee

Look for Cody Green to start the rest of the season.

Cody Green was sick with the flu yesterday which negatively impacted his performance. Zac Lee was brought in because Green was sick, even though he didn't look any better. A sick Cody Green is equivalent to a healthy Zac Lee. Cody Green will start against Kansas because:

Zac is a more accurate passer than cody and gives us a better chance to win. The running threat is great but now that Helu is healthy it isn't needed as badly as it was when he is banged up

i heard he can cure cancer and lead us to peace in the middle east.....if its not obvious, i don't really care at this point. he has flashes of being a good/great qb, but is still extremely rough around the edges. dude needs a lot of work. if lee could rummage around his room or something and find his balls i think he would do better. either way, we are no bueno at the qb position this year. our receiving corps isnt making things any easier either

Zac is a more accurate passer than cody and gives us a better chance to win. The running threat is great but now that Helu is healthy it isn't needed as badly as it was when he is banged up

I think they go with Green for different reasons.

I think this team is getting back to the option and Green is the better runner of the two.

I don't think SW wants green to throw as much but rather to run the option.

I think he starts. but Lee may get some time because he busted his @$$ against OU

Who cares who starts? It doesn't mean he'll finish on the field. As we saw last night, Bo is not throwing in the towell to give CG experience - nor should he.

I don't give a flying flamingo who starts, only whether we get a "W" and I trust the coaches judgment in that department.

Get over your man crush. :wub: I have a better shot with him than you do anyway. :LOLtartar

Who cares who starts? It doesn't mean he'll finish on the field. As we saw last night, Bo is not throwing in the towell to give CG experience - nor should he.

I don't give a flying flamingo who starts, only whether we get a "W" and I trust the coaches judgment in that department.

Get over your man crush. :wub: I have a better shot with him than you do anyway. :LOLtartar

honestly i dont care who we start as long as we win... lets beast KAnsas... thats all i care about

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Cody Green is over-rated, over-hyped and over his head. This dude will never be able to play BIG TIME college football. I can't get over why everybody has Cody Green mania. THIS DUDE HASN'T DONE NOTHING ALL YEAR and everybody wants him in there! WHy Why WHy ??? Lee is not much better. They need to recruit a BLUE CHIP quarterback who can run and pass the ball. Green and Lee are NOT the answers and never will be !!!

Cody Green is over-rated, over-hyped and over his head. This dude will never be able to play BIG TIME college football. I can't get over why everybody has Cody Green mania. THIS DUDE HASN'T DONE NOTHING ALL YEAR and everybody wants him in there! WHy Why WHy ??? Lee is not much better. They need to recruit a BLUE CHIP quarterback who can run and pass the ball. Green and Lee are NOT the answers and never will be !!!

I don't know about all that. Cody is a true freshman and still has a lot to learn, to say he will never amount to anything because he is young :LOLtartar . If it hadn't been for Spano getting hurt, we wouldn't have even seen Cody at all this year. The coaches knew he was going to need some time to develope. I wanted to see Cody in there simply because Zac clearly wasn't the answer and at the time Cody was an unknown commodity. Now, I am of the opinion that it is mostly do to our offensive line and Barney Cotton. Neither guy gets enough time to do much of anything do to the fact that our line isn't that good. Many talk about Zac being indecisive, I would be to if I knew I was going to be running for my life every damn play! I would be very interested to see both of them behind a decent line that could block and actually move a defense with some consistency. As far as the whole who is going to start this Saturday, it is getting very old now.

It's good to see Lloyd & Harry still at it. :)

I think they go with Green for different reasons.

I think this team is getting back to the option and Green is the better runner of the two.

I don't think SW wants green to throw as much but rather to run the option.

I think he starts. but Lee may get some time because he busted his @$$ against OU

God, I HOPE we're not going back to the Option.

I mean, seriously? After what you saw last night?

Lee ran it better than Green, fumbled pitch and all. I don't know how you can say Green is a running threat any more than Lee is, based on last night's game. At least, the gap in their running abilities is worlds closer than the gap between their passing abilities (Lee over Green).