Asante...

cmb23

Hello, this is Larry Asante. I would just like to apologize for my actions the past weeks of hitting people in this non-contact sport. I want you to know that I will not be wearing any pads or a helmet Saturday night so i won't be tempted to repeat any of these vulgar actions. In a side note, Coach Pelini will be coaching from the Press Box so no one can see his actions,and that he has nothing to yell at but a wall or window, and so that no one sees him in his gret sweatshirt. Thank you. Go Big Red.

Yes i am waging war against some people, and sarcasm is my weapon, you know who you are. The issues you are moanin about are not as bad as you think, if they really were, i'm sure Dr. Osborne would address them, until us or Bo here's from him, which is safe to say Bo hasnt, cuz there has not been a drastic change in behavior, you need to understand it's ok.

Larry, do you have any comment on those who call you "thuggish" for celebrating a clean hit against an OU wideout? I mean you clearly did not know the player was injured, why do you think people are referring to you as a thug?

And also, why aren't you a good enough athlete that you cant stop on a dime while sprinting down field at a slide-happy quarterback? I mean most players can control their momentum with that much precision.

Mr. Asante I just want you to know that I love seeing you head hunt in the secondary. It comes natural to you. And although it was probably a boneheaded late hit on the sliding quarterback, i'm sure you learned your lesson and wont let it happen again.

maybe Bo has to shout so loud because Cotton wears Bose noise-cancelling head phones. if you rewatch the film, it appears as if Cotton was completely oblivious to Bo shouting at him.

um... as he should be... what do you want him to do? drop down to his knees and suck bo off in the middle of the game? beg for forgiveness? he's a god damn football coach.. a player that he coaches effed up, and that reflects on NU, which reflects on Bo.. Its just like a job... If an employee messes up bad enough, the customer goes to the GM/owner, who goes to the assistant manager, who goes to the department manager, who in turn goes to the employee and gets their ass ripped. it's part of barney's job, and he knows it.. it would/should be no different than if Bo was yelling at any other coach. But of course, since its cotton, theres something to it......

Hello, this is Larry Asante. I would just like to apologize for my actions the past weeks of hitting people in this non-contact sport. I want you to know that I will not be wearing any pads or a helmet Saturday night so i won't be tempted to repeat any of these vulgar actions. In a side note, Coach Pelini will be coaching from the Press Box so no one can see his actions,and that he has nothing to yell at but a wall or window, and so that no one sees him in his gret sweatshirt. Thank you. Go Big Red.

Yes i am waging war against some people, and sarcasm is my weapon, you know who you are. The issues you are moanin about are not as bad as you think, if they really were, i'm sure Dr. Osborne would address them, until us or Bo here's from him, which is safe to say Bo hasnt, cuz there has not been a drastic change in behavior, you need to understand it's ok.

Well, good morning, Mr. Asante! Sorry you feel you need to wage war against some people. My post started out as just a way to have fun! I was joking when I asked what everybody thought of Bo's grey sweatshirt! I also understand it's OK! (PS.....I guess you missed my post about Bo's chewing gum.) Have a great day.

Hello Larry,

My only problem with you is that there are a couple threads discussing this very topic. Why on earth Larry couldn’t you post it in one of those instead of starting a new thread? :dunno Now I have to take time out of my busy schedule and merge this thread with another one. My time is money Larry so you officially owe me 1 penny for the amount of time it took me to merge your thread with the one calling you out for being what some think is dirty or thuggish. :facepalm::ahhhhhhhh Good luck on Saturday and don’t get anymore penalties or please don’t celebrate any big hits. Just help your opponent up hug and move on because we all that is what playing for Nebraska is all about. <_<

Happy Thanksgiving

The Staff

maybe Bo has to shout so loud because Cotton wears Bose noise-cancelling head phones. if you rewatch the film, it appears as if Cotton was completely oblivious to Bo shouting at him.

um... as he should be... what do you want him to do? drop down to his knees and suck bo off in the middle of the game? beg for forgiveness? he's a god damn football coach.. a player that he coaches effed up, and that reflects on NU, which reflects on Bo.. Its just like a job... If an employee messes up bad enough, the customer goes to the GM/owner, who goes to the assistant manager, who goes to the department manager, who in turn goes to the employee and gets their ass ripped. it's part of barney's job, and he knows it.. it would/should be no different than if Bo was yelling at any other coach. But of course, since its cotton, theres something to it......

i never knew how a chain of command worked, thank you. i do not know what you are exactly responding to or what the bold parts mean. but, my post was referring to the fact that Barney did not acknowledge Bo at all, did not even turn his head, no head nod in agreement, nothing. that seemed odd, it appeared he was ignoring Bo because he either does not appreciate Bo shouting at him or because he understood that is just how Bo operates and he needed to let out the steam. i don not know.

Husker senior safety Larry Asante was flagged for a personal foul for a hit against Kansas quarterback Todd Reesing early in the second quarter.

The hit came after a 13-yard scramble by the quarterback. Reesing slid to the ground, and Asante came flying in late, making a hit that drew some boos from the home crowd.

“I was just coming full-speed and I couldn’t stop, and I didn’t know if he was going to slide, so I just kind of dove and tried to tackle him,” Asante said. “And he slid feet-first and I just landed on top of his body, and they threw the flag. I didn’t mean to hit him late. I didn’t mean to do any of that. I didn’t know if he was going to go down. I didn’t know if he was going to keep moving.”

LINK

Husker senior safety Larry Asante was flagged for a personal foul for a hit against Kansas quarterback Todd Reesing early in the second quarter.

The hit came after a 13-yard scramble by the quarterback. Reesing slid to the ground, and Asante came flying in late, making a hit that drew some boos from the home crowd.

“I was just coming full-speed and I couldn’t stop, and I didn’t know if he was going to slide, so I just kind of dove and tried to tackle him,” Asante said. “And he slid feet-first and I just landed on top of his body, and they threw the flag. I didn’t mean to hit him late. I didn’t mean to do any of that. I didn’t know if he was going to go down. I didn’t know if he was going to keep moving.”

LINK

No $hit? What the hell is he supposed to say?!?!

No $hit? What the hell is he supposed to say?!?!

Thank goodness we have you here to tell us he's lying. :thumbs

Thank god you neverendingly feel the need to put words in other peoples mouths. :corndance

OK, so what's your beef with his statement? The fact that he's saying what all of us have been saying here in this thread?

Huh...I'm listening to it too and they are sticking to their guns that it 'looked pretty dirty', 'looked as if he was trying to hurt Reesing' and 'surprised he didn't get thrown out...it was borderline at best'. Guess we all see/hear what we want to.

And don't bother responding to mine. It's obvious that nobody is going to back down from their view.

Ya when I was listening to 1620 it was around 2:45 or so......I haven't listen to it since. I don't think it was a dirty/cheap shot and you can't really adjust yourself in the air or predict whats going to happen when you're in the air. I think that Asante was going trying to hit Reesing with his shoulder pads but ended up hitting head to head. Do I think it was a cheap shot...No but do I think it was a right call for a 15yd penalty....Yes.

Yeah, it is pretty difficult to adjust yourself in the air when you can't even see what you're about to hit. I watched the hit, and it was a perfect example of spearing. His helmet was down, and he led with the top of the helmet. Had his facemask been up so that he could actually see Reesing, yes he could have adjusted and had his arms extended. After watching the video in slow motion a few times, you can see that Reesing had already slid for 3 yards before Asante even got there spearing him.

The conclusion I've come to: I doubt it was intentional. However, Asante is going to injure himself maybe even severely if he continues to hit like this. Spearing is illegal in most part because of the injuries sustained by those doing the hitting. He'll break his neck if he keeps this up.