Mangino threads

stargazer

As of right now, Mangino is still the coach and IMO has done a heck of a job......but for the sake of speculation, if he is gone, WHO would be interested in a job there...

maybe a former assistant from a team that may win the Big 12 North......Tim Beck ??

As long as the rumor mill is starting to turn, 1620 the zone mentioned the "hypothetical" cycle of

Rich Rod out at Mich

Les Miles to Mich

Bo Peleni to LSU

* Hey, they are the ones who threw it out there, not me.... just reporting.....they said that Micheal Wilbon (ESPN) reported that Rich Rod was out.

As of right now, Mangino is still the coach and IMO has done a heck of a job......but for the sake of speculation, if he is gone, WHO would be interested in a job there...

maybe a former assistant from a team that may win the Big 12 North......Tim Beck ??

As long as the rumor mill is starting to turn, 1620 the zone mentioned the "hypothetical" cycle of

Rich Rod out at Mich

Les Miles to Mich

Bo Peleni to LSU

* Hey, they are the ones who threw it out there, not me.... just reporting.....they said that Micheal Wilbon (ESPN) reported that Rich Rod was out.

Reminds me of Basketball's take on the transitory nature of professional football.

Mangino appears to be a heart attack just waiting to happen. He is grosely obease and is in a profession that is highly stressful. I would think that he would be a good candidate for weight loss surgery. I wish him well if this is what the concern is about.

T_O_B

Ya think? As if he doesn't look like a ticking time bomb, watch this

Rich Rod out at Mich

Les Miles to Mich

Bo Peleni to LSU

I heard the same thing on 1620 this afternoon, but no way Pelini leaves NU before he wins big. After that the fear will be that he leaves for Ohio State once they run Tressel out of town.

Rich Rod out at Mich

Les Miles to Mich

Bo Peleni to LSU

I think Miles would be a lock for Michigan. The only reason he didn't go previously was because Herbstreit leaked it and Miles needed his team focused on the NC game. I'm not sure that Bo is in the least bit a lock for LSU. How about this, Bo to Michigan. Their last Bo was an Ohio State guy.

I don't think it's physically possible for Mangino to assult a player, and that's not supposed to be a joke. It sounds like an excuse to me. I guess I don't really have an opinion about the whole thing though.

A picture comes to my mind as if the players are sitting down in locker room after the game and he is walking aroud..... errrr waddling around and if the player has his head down while he is screaming, it would be extremely easy for him to strike IMO.

And as stated before by others, if this is the case, then he needs to be gone ASAP. There is no place for that.

Unfortunately, the problem is you never really know what to believe in situations like this. Players will generally keep to the team aspect of things and not out their coach, even if they aren't happy with things at the moment. Coaches definitely aren't going to out themselves. And the sad truth of university life is that it's more a corporation that is filled with bureaucracy and politics than a real institution for education, so you can't trust what most of them say since they all have their own agendas. Even if he is let go, the official statement may very not contain the whole truth, or anything close to it.

OK rumor has Leach to Lousiville :dunno

Who do we put there?

As far as Mangino, San Lose State has an opening.

I feel like going to Louisville would be a downgrade IMO. But, then again, if he could get the recruits that he does now, he wouldn't have to play the likes of UT and OU every year. :dunno

But then again, WVU and Cincy always seem to be tough. And Pitt this year.

Wonder if Dan McCartny would ever get another shot. Isn't he an OC with Florida?

Edit - 'shot' as in a shot as a HC...

Bill MCCARTNEY or Dan MCCARNEY , just curious which one you mean. Cuz Mccarney i wouldnt mind, but McCartney is a f#*k

Whoops, nice catch.....Dan McCarney is who I was referring to....

i dont know if this has been said or not but......

the thing i am hearing from some VERY good sources is that Mangino was accused of getting physical with a player earlier in the season as well as some uncalled for anger issues. There could be legal issues if he is not fired.

i am being told that he is being asked to step down by thursday, supposedly they are trying to get him to take a settlement for the remainder of his contract to hopefully try to save his name some, instead of firing him.

again thats just a rumor, but the person i am getting this from has never been wrong.....so take it for what it is....

This isn't the first 'rumor' that I'd heard, even in this thread. I think it was MUTigerfan, that said he had a source that said the same thing, FWIW of course....

i dont know if this has been said or not but......

the thing i am hearing from some VERY good sources is that Mangino was accused of getting physical with a player earlier in the season as well as some uncalled for anger issues. There could be legal issues if he is not fired.

i am being told that he is being asked to step down by thursday, supposedly they are trying to get him to take a settlement for the remainder of his contract to hopefully try to save his name some, instead of firing him.

again thats just a rumor, but the person i am getting this from has never been wrong.....so take it for what it is....

This isn't the first 'rumor' that I'd heard, even in this thread. I think it was MUTigerfan, that said he had a source that said the same thing, FWIW of course....

KU boards have a thread about the players who were abused (just a rumor), their moms were the ones who let Perkins know.