Mangino threads

stargazer

Well I think if they get rid of him cause of performance then they need to fire Lew Perkins. Since that would be the second coach he's seem to have ran out of town (Roy Williams). If he physically assaulted someone then yeah he's gotta go.

Kansas is not that kind of job people will run to. As far as who they will get I know that Jon Gruden is not an option he just re upped with ESPN for another year on MNF.

Gruden!!!! To KU!!!! That IS a laugh! Reesing said he wasn't aware that mangino had anger issues. You'd think if someone got struck....word would've made it back to the offensive captain. The interview sounded convincing. The only things was he said that it wouldn't be an issue if they were winning....all sounds too convenient to me. Course the radio stations here also said that an investigation supposedly happened earlier in the season before or after the tech game...can't remember.

The latest rumor is that he just grabbed a player by the throat.

If that's the case, I'd say that this whole thing is being seriously overblown.

(Then again, there are also rumors that the cops have covered up various domestic disturbance calls at his house and that he's hit at least two players)

One thing that seems obvious is that the AD wants him gone, and now.

Mangino appears to be a heart attack just waiting to happen. He is grosely obease and is in a profession that is highly stressful. I would think that he would be a good candidate for weight loss surgery. I wish him well if this is what the concern is about.

T_O_B

Ya think? As if he doesn't look like a ticking time bomb, watch this

the audio is kind of hard to hear on that one. try this one......

Mangino appears to be a heart attack just waiting to happen. He is grosely obease and is in a profession that is highly stressful. I would think that he would be a good candidate for weight loss surgery. I wish him well if this is what the concern is about.

T_O_B

Ya think? As if he doesn't look like a ticking time bomb, watch this

the audio is kind of hard to hear on that one. try this one......

Yep loud and clear.... :laughpound

OK rumor has Leach to Lousiville :dunno

Who do we put there?

As far as Mangino, San Lose State has an opening.

I feel like going to Louisville would be a downgrade IMO. But, then again, if he could get the recruits that he does now, he wouldn't have to play the likes of UT and OU every year. :dunno

But then again, WVU and Cincy always seem to be tough. And Pitt this year.

Leach would fit right in at louisville with his offbeat ways...and he could gun sling his way to a big east title, or cincy type run. hes never going to be a darling in, or win the big XII. he'll just keep being painted as the quirky oddball that can win a shootout here or there out in west texas by the media. you think thats what he really wants?

Gill is one of my all-time favorite Huskers and the thought of him coaching against NU makes me ill. I so wish he were on our staff.

I'm glad Gill got his shot. He needs to be a head coach. I'd rather he went somewhere other than KU but it will be a step up and a lot more money for him.

I think the fat coach's plight is a good lesson in not being an Ahole if you have a real sucky season. After two straight bowl games the wheels fell off this year. But it seems all the nastiness he sewed as a human being is coming home to roost. I think it is something our HC might take note of and avoid "sideline browbeating TV". Any personality usually works if you are winning....but woe be unto you if you have a fall apart season. Looks like this is the year the fat man pays for arrogance of the past.

Yelling at a kid or coach for messing up is one thing. Taking a swing at a couple of players after the CU game, because you had a nervous breakdown, is an entirely different situation. I dont always agree with Bo's sideline actions, but I get the feeling he would never physically hurt any of his kids... Mangino on the other hand may not be capable of such restraint.

Hasnt the thing with Bo's temper been covered enuff. get a life. Sure let Bo use Mangino's situation as a lesson. Are you stupid?

HA... Yes I am stupid... I think I came out in support of Bo. Thanks for the advice... I am sure you are awesome..... :sarcasm

Who do we put there?

I feel like going to Louisville would be a downgrade IMO. But, then again, if he could get the recruits that he does now, he wouldn't have to play the likes of UT and OU every year. :dunno

Leach would fit right in at louisville with his offbeat ways...and he could gun sling his way to a big east title, or cincy type run. hes never going to be a darling in, or win the big XII. he'll just keep being painted as the quirky oddball that can win a shootout here or there out in west texas by the media. you think thats what he really wants?

That's true, I just think with the teams that he puts together, besides the one last year, they usually arent a national championship calibur team. I'm with you though, those teams he had would definately be contenders every year in the Big East. And like i said before, they will always be second best to OU and UT. So maybe he should leave.... We'll see i guess :snacks:

Least we can agree he should get out of here! :horns2

Who do we put there?

That's true, I just think with the teams that he puts together, besides the one last year, they usually arent a national championship calibur team. I'm with you though, those teams he had would definately be contenders every year in the Big East. And like i said before, they will always be second best to OU and UT. So maybe he should leave.... We'll see i guess :snacks:

Least we can agree he should get out of here! :horns2

Hmmmm. How big would his talent pool be? Lot of kids in texas