Mangino threads

stargazer

That was more of a dig at the dumbass KU fans that want Mangino gone than anything else.

Oh. Whoops. Looks like my sarcasm detector has some bad batteries. :)

Nah, it wasn't very clear. A small part of me would definitely like not having to worry about a dangerous KU team each season. But the larger part of me agrees with you and wants a solid opponent, both for us and for the conference. And because I like KU football.

Interesting, you have to wonder who KU would replace him with. Mangino has done a decent job with KU and helped them come out of the depths some, but they may be sliding back down that slope again.

They're trying to build a program from essentially nothing (in recent memory, at least) and that is going to have its ups and downs. The fans were spoiled by some very inspiring successes and got their hopes way too high. You just don't normally go from total suck to consistently very good without some setbacks.

If there are abuse issues, then he's got to go without a doubt. But if it's just the performance questions, they'll be making a huge mistake if they get rid of him.

How much of the problem do you think might stem from the issues between the basketball team and the football team. Look at when Ron Zook was at Florida and he took his players to Pi Kap and told them if they had any more incidents, the team would burn the house to the ground. Maybe something similaar happened with Mangino and players got worried about legal issues/school suspensions.

Purely speculative, of course, but the basketball fights may have contributed.

Gill is one of my all-time favorite Huskers and the thought of him coaching against NU makes me ill. I so wish he were on our staff.

I'm glad Gill got his shot. He needs to be a head coach. I'd rather he went somewhere other than KU but it will be a step up and a lot more money for him.

I think the fat coach's plight is a good lesson in not being an Ahole if you have a real sucky season. After two straight bowl games the wheels fell off this year. But it seems all the nastiness he sewed as a human being is coming home to roost. I think it is something our HC might take note of and avoid "sideline browbeating TV". Any personality usually works if you are winning....but woe be unto you if you have a fall apart season. Looks like this is the year the fat man pays for arrogance of the past.

Yelling at a kid or coach for messing up is one thing. Taking a swing at a couple of players after the CU game, because you had a nervous breakdown, is an entirely different situation. I dont always agree with Bo's sideline actions, but I get the feeling he would never physically hurt any of his kids... Mangino on the other hand may not be capable of such restraint.

Hasnt the thing with Bo's temper been covered enuff. get a life. Sure let Bo use Mangino's situation as a lesson. Are you stupid?

I don't think it's physically possible for Mangino to assult a player, and that's not supposed to be a joke. It sounds like an excuse to me. I guess I don't really have an opinion about the whole thing though.

He easily could...it has nothing to do with size and everything to do with a position of power. You're right that if one of Mangino's players got into a fight with him, Mangino would be killed. But that's not what would happen...it would be more about someone abusing their position of power through physical abuse. Again, if that's the case, it's all just rumor. But it's entirely possible despite his size.

As much as I like Kansas football and want to see them do well, I have to say it'd be nice not to have to play a dangerous KU team each season. They get rid of Mangino and we go back to regularly beating them 50-3 with our 4th string in.

I'd rather have to earn a victory over a solid team. The North is a joke right now. Losing Mangino assures more craptastic football up here, and hurts the prestige of our conference, which has recruiting ramifications, bowl game ramifications, and thus $$$ ramifications, which is the foundation on which this whole thing is built.

We're better off with a solid Colorado, Kansas & Missouri, and a good Nebraska, than we are with a crappy Colorado, Kansas & Missouri, and a good Nebraska.

:yeah

We definitely need the Big 12 north to be more competitive.

i dont know if this has been said or not but......

the thing i am hearing from some VERY good sources is that Mangino was accused of getting physical with a player earlier in the season as well as some uncalled for anger issues. There could be legal issues if he is not fired.

i am being told that he is being asked to step down by thursday, supposedly they are trying to get him to take a settlement for the remainder of his contract to hopefully try to save his name some, instead of firing him.

again thats just a rumor, but the person i am getting this from has never been wrong.....so take it for what it is....