Mangino threads

stargazer

Dear Mr. Mangino,

Thanks for your time Mark but it appears we need to go in a different direction. I know that you made Kansas Football relevant again but after the complete collapse by this senior led offense we must go in search of someone that will be able to do more with the lesser talented kids that come to KU then you have been able to do in your time here. I know we won a BCS bowl just 2 short years ago but that is in the past and really Mark, what have you done for me lately? You were set up for success this year with Todd Reesing, Kerry Meir, Dez Briscoe, and Jake Sharp all returning. Never mind that Briscoe is an outfield distraction, or that Sharp has been injured or that Reesing’s head got to big and he has forgotten how to play football. All of the blame falls directly on your shoulders. Have fun at your next school and please don’t go to another Big 12 North school because we don’t want to have to play your team every year.

Sincerely,

Ball-less AD

Lynch Mob of Parents of former players (Players that you brought to KU when not very many other D1 schools wanted them. Players that you helped turn into winners but may have done so in a mean way)

:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

Disclaimer: This in no way should imply that I have any knowledge of what is going on at KU or do I claim to. This is a bogus letter solely based off of the 2 paragraph press release. If it should come out that Mangino actually did something that would warrant this whole ordeal I will make an informed post at that time, well or what I believe is an informed post.

The school of thought from another forum I frequent is that if it were related to Mangino's job, it wouldn't necessarily be about his "performance" in terms of wins/losses and the direction of the program. The concern might be that there's some serious issues between he and the administration.

I dont agree that it couldnt be about his performance. He has had 1, count it 1, good year. That year they didnt play 1 single BSC team with a winning record in the regular season until their last game, which they lost. He has never had another season where he finished above .500 in conference. His best team ever will most likely not even make a bowl game.

His conference records are as follows:

0-8

2-6

2-6

4-4

3-5

7-1

4-4

1-5 currently and a probable 1-7 finish.

For those who dont want to add that is a coference record of 23-39 currently. Minus what has proved to be a fluke season in 2007 and he is 16-38 in big 12 play. He will likely finish .500 in big 12 play over the last 3 years with Reesing, Meyer and Brisco. He is NOT the great coach some make him out to be. He is not a bad coach but since when does a guy who losses nearly twice as many conference games as he wins qualify for "great"

a fluke 2007 made him a rich man, and it should also not keep him from being cut like any other coach who cant perform.

Just got done speaking to a good friend connected to the athletic deparment and the rumor is that KU is pissed at his performance and setting him up to be fired by accusing him of forcing hurt players to play and misleading recruits by telling offensive talent that they will play on O but then making them switch to D...take it for what it's worth...

this reeks of young males fed up with losing turning their dissatisfaction inward instead of outward. "the coach made me runs laps til i puked." or 'hes a big meanie." obviously this also means that mangina has lost control of his team, but that doesnt mean he cant turn it around by scuttling the mutineers.

Wow, guess I wasn't aware of how 'average' his performance has been. They've been talked about for so many years now as a 'contender' but really, as stated, the 7-1 in conference is all that really stands out. It looks like it is/could definitely be a performance issue. Especially inking a big contract, following it up with a 4-4 and potential 1-7 isn't what the boosters, I mean school, wants to see.

this reeks of young males fed up with losing turning their dissatisfaction inward instead of outward. "the coach made me runs laps til i puked." or 'hes a big meanie." obviously this also means that mangina has lost control of his team, but that doesnt mean he cant turn it around by scuttling the mutineers.

I think it goes beyond that. He's always had a really bad temper, and there were rumors that he jacked one of his players after the CU game. I'd assume that this is the end for him at KU.

Hmmm...a bad attitude, losing conference games with high expectations, players don't respect, getting paid a $hitload of money with only one real impressive season in conference. For some reason it rings a bell...

2004 Overall 4-7 / Conf 2-6

2005 Overall 7-5 / Conf 3-5

2006 Overall 6-6 / Conf 3-5

2007 Overall 12-1 / Conf 7-1 *Gets contract extension

2008 Overall 8-5 / Conf 4-4

2009 Overall 5-5 / Conf 1-5 (To Be continued)

That's the rundown since 2004 for Mr. Mangino. With a 43.4% winning percentage in conference.

2004 Overall 5-6 / Conf 3-5

2005 Overall 8-4 / Conf 4-4

2006 Overall 9-5 / Conf 6-2 *Gets contract extension

2007 Ovearll 5-7 / Conf 2-6 *Gets $hitcanned

Yep. That's the rundown of our beloved Mr. Callahan. With a 46.8% winning percentage in conference.