Mangino threads

stargazer

Mark Mangino in his weekly press conference, which was a brief 11 minutes, faced more than a dozen questions relating to news that broke this morning that Athletic Director Lew Perkins held a meeting with members of the football team.

He opened up by saying he wouldn't comment on the matter, but ended up providing more information as questions persisted.

"I haven't lost the team one bit. I may have lost some people around here, but it's not players," Mangino said. "Take that for what it's worth, you decipher it."

Mangino confirmed he had a 10-15 minute meeting with Perkins after the athletic director met with players. He was not at the meeting with Perkins and the players.

"If you want to know what was said, I'm not disclosing it. He's the one who's disclosing information about it, I'm not," Mangino said.

When asked whether this would be a distraction with a game against No. 3 Texas coming up this weekend, Mangino said it wouldn't be a distraction for him.

"We're really focused on Texas. You lose a few games and those things surface," he said.

But Mangino added that he was taking this matter very seriously.

LINK

Wow, guess I wasn't aware of how 'average' his performance has been. They've been talked about for so many years now as a 'contender' but really, as stated, the 7-1 in conference is all that really stands out. It looks like it is/could definitely be a performance issue. Especially inking a big contract, following it up with a 4-4 and potential 1-7 isn't what the boosters, I mean school, wants to see.

KU's performance.

That's because of the overhype brainwashing provided by JGS over the past few years

Looking through the stories on kusports.com, in the comment sections there is an on going discussion about who they want to replace him.... Seems like the fan base is done with him as well. :snacks:

Hope they dont get their hopes up. they will need to get a really fresh up and commer or a rerun coach. KU is not the type of job that will pull anyone considered to be great or even good for that matter. Maybe they get lucky and strike gold.

Ku is clearly behind MU as a job and MU is behind alot of schools. in other words, there are probably 50 or more jobs better than KU.

on the ESPN KU board they're talking about how they'd like to see Turner Gill at KU. wow

I've read that on one of the KU boards, too. Come to think of it, I've read Gill's name on the Colorado board, too.

He'd do a decent job there, I think. And it's a good stepping stone if he's looking to build his career past Buffalo.

Looking through the stories on kusports.com, in the comment sections there is an on going discussion about who they want to replace him.... Seems like the fan base is done with him as well. :snacks:

Hope they dont get their hopes up. they will need to get a really fresh up and commer or a rerun coach. KU is not the type of job that will pull anyone considered to be great or even good for that matter. Maybe they get lucky and strike gold.

Ku is clearly behind MU as a job and MU is behind alot of schools. in other words, there are probably 50 or more jobs better than KU.

Maybe they could get Phil Fulmer........LOL. I remember when ISU was looking for a new coach and they were throwing his name out there. It still makes me laugh.

Gill is one of my all-time favorite Huskers and the thought of him coaching against NU makes me ill. I so wish he were on our staff.

I'm glad Gill got his shot. He needs to be a head coach. I'd rather he went somewhere other than KU but it will be a step up and a lot more money for him.

I think the fat coach's plight is a good lesson in not being an Ahole if you have a real sucky season. After two straight bowl games the wheels fell off this year. But it seems all the nastiness he sewed as a human being is coming home to roost. I think it is something our HC might take note of and avoid "sideline browbeating TV". Any personality usually works if you are winning....but woe be unto you if you have a fall apart season. Looks like this is the year the fat man pays for arrogance of the past.

Alot of the names they have mentioned have passed up pretty decent jobs before. And as of now, if a job opening at ND is about to open up, none of those coaches would take a second look at KU if ND offered.

But then again, the KU football program is one of the elite in the country.... :sarcasm