I'm stunned by the Myopic K-State Fans...

I don't blame fans for thinking your team has a chance in every game. I remember plenty of Husker fans whom thought we could go into Norman and win last year.

But living down here in Kansas City and reading the K-State boards has truly blown me away with amazement. Cat fans think they're going to win this weekend in Lincoln. It's stunning. The prevailing attitude about the Mizzou game was "the Cats were just looking ahead."

I currently have about 6 wagers on the table with co-workers. I don't even have to give them any points. These wagers are straight up. It's unbelievable.

Here's the reality Cat fan:

- You have a one dimensional offense.

- Your passing game is non-existent

- Your defense has surrendered more points than you've scored.

- You're coming to Lincoln for a night game

- Nebraska has tons of momentum after 3 straight wins.

- It's senior night.

Do the Huskers still have offensive issues? Sure we do. We have plenty of limitations, but none of that will matter on Saturday night.

NU- 34 K-State 6.

I'm certainly not guaranteeing anything after Iowa State, but I really like our chances in this game. They give up a lot of points on defense, and if we simply play offense like we played against Kansas, we should win.

I think the defensive line's struggles last week will make them play even harder.

I had misgivings about Kansas. I have the same about Kansas State.

I tend to agree with the sentiment that we should win this game handily. However, if they can run the ball on us like they did against OU we could have issues. I think (hope) we can contain their running game, but the front four and linebackers have to be ready to get after it every play. That big RB Thomas doesn't go down easily.

Blackshirts had an obvious hang over versus ku but for good reason after their big win over OU. they showed up and did all right in a game that mattered little really.

But if you think this D won't get jacked up to same level as it did for OU over the fact that its senior night, AT night, FOR the BigXII north title, oh and did i mention its SUH's last game in Lincoln?

Yea sorry cat's but odds are not in your guys favor. this will be a hard fought game on both side but Nebraska is red hot at the right time.

NU 36 KSU 10

I don't think we should be writing off K-state with Bill Snyder as their Head coach.......Sure it will be an emotional night for Nebraska but there is a lot at stake for KSU as well.....Plus they do have a good running game with a big back and we saw last week against a supposed weak O-line that Nebraska can be run on. The run D this year is statistically worse than the pass.

I just don't think we should be discounting them much. Same goes for Colorado next week......I guess that is my attitude before everygame though. I am always nervous no matter who Nebraska plays because sh*t can happen (see ISU)....

Just my thoughts....

I don't think we should be writing off K-state with Bill Snyder as their Head coach.......Sure it will be an emotional night for Nebraska but there is a lot at stake for KSU as well.....Plus they do have a good running game with a big back and we saw last week against a supposed weak O-line that Nebraska can be run on. The run D this year is statistically worse than the pass.

I just don't think we should be discounting them much. Same goes for Colorado next week......I guess that is my attitude before everygame though. I am always nervous no matter who Nebraska plays because sh*t can happen (see ISU)....

Just my thoughts....

I agree with the concern about the big back, but on the other hand, NU was limited in number of bodies in the box due to the threat of Reesing passing the ball. KSU is run first, safe pass second. We can afford to put more in the box to stop their run, then pin our ears back and rush in passing downs.

I think you have to have a great deal of respect for the KSU run game. They had about the same amount of rush yards against Oklahoma that we had, and 63 of our 141 came on one play. If they can run against Oklahoma, they can probably run against us.

We've given up rushing yards on key rushing downs, especially when we have our opponent pinned deep, so it's not like we're impervious to the run. We're 11th in the nation overall, but really, what kind of rushing offense have we played? Pretty much everyone has been trying to pass on us.

I don't count KSU out of this game at all, and I find it unlikely that we'll blow them out. I think it's far more likely that we'll be in a three/four quarter dogfight.

But we'll win that dogfight.