QB in Holiday Bowl

HANC

Would love to see Green in there, but my worry is less about what Lee can do, and more about what Green might do...namely turnovers. Putting in such an inexperienced QB on such a big stage would really scare me. Sure wish they would have given him some more significant playing time before the Holiday Bowl.

agreed, i still do not understand the 'start CG at baylor then pull him for the rest of the season' move. if he is the guy, go with him. if he is not, well Zac Lee aint either.

I would like to see Cody in there. Put him in there and use his strengths: QB runs, zone reads, speed options, and play action passes off zone reads.

But I'm not sure it matters who you put in there at this point. Our offense is broken and can't be fixed by changing QBs.

You really think these are his strenghts?????? I almost threw up reading that........Our Quarterbacks are not very good and I dont just mean Zac Lee ,dont you really think if Cody was better he would be starting.Everyone wants to point fingers at the qb,maybe their are more problems than that.As far as i can tell we dont have a wide receiver with a pulse,and the offensive line play against Texass was really offensive,I cant wait for the bowl to get here and overwith,,,,,,,, Then we wont have to hear any crying until spring ball!!!!!!!!

Something better happen. Green starting would be SOMETHING. A completely different wrinkle of some sort, I swear, if they came out in the wishbone I'd be psyched. Going into this game with Lee running what we are now means about 10 points max. Lining up in the swinging gate all game would at least show the effort to try something else.

Our coaching staff would be better off spending 24/7 trying to get Alex Henery's leg strong enough to hit from 80 yards out for next year than trying to rehab this crap of an O.

Something better happen. Green starting would be SOMETHING. A completely different wrinkle of some sort, I swear, if they came out in the wishbone I'd be psyched. Going into this game with Lee running what we are now means about 10 points max. Lining up in the swinging gate all game would at least show the effort to try something else.

Our coaching staff would be better off spending 24/7 trying to get Alex Henery's leg strong enough to hit from 80 yards out for next year than trying to rehab this crap of an O.

now there's a plan!

You really think these are his strenghts?????? I almost threw up reading that........Our Quarterbacks are not very good and I dont just mean Zac Lee ,dont you really think if Cody was better he would be starting.Everyone wants to point fingers at the qb,maybe their are more problems than that.As far as i can tell we dont have a wide receiver with a pulse,and the offensive line play against Texass was really offensive,I cant wait for the bowl to get here and overwith,,,,,,,, Then we wont have to hear any crying until spring ball!!!!!!!!

Great job reading my post. I can tell you really comprehended what I was reading and I'm real happy you read the whole post including the part where I said, "But I'm not sure it matters who you put in there at this point. Our offense is broken and can't be fixed by changing QBs."

And yes, those are his strengths. What do you consider his strengths...throwing the ball? Cody is a great runner; that's what he did very well in high school and why he was considered a "dual threat" QB while being recruited.

If you don't like what is being talked about here, then leave. You don't have to wait until Spring Ball....just go.

so the early consensus is that they both play. as in cody green gets 1 series backed up near his own goal line, most likely fails to gain a 1st down, and Zac "the man" Lee comes right back in? do i have this right?

Don't forget that Zac gets put in when we are on our own 10 yard line to throw an easy pass for a TD to look like a hero.

It's all scripted.

so the early consensus is that they both play. as in cody green gets 1 series backed up near his own goal line, most likely fails to gain a 1st down, and Zac "the man" Lee comes right back in? do i have this right?

Don't forget that Zac gets put in when we are on our own 10 yard line to throw an easy pass for a TD to look like a hero.

It's all scripted.

It's pretty damn pathetic if your special teams can give your offense a gift-wrapped TD by starting on the 10 yd line and end up losing a yard in the series and having to settle for 3. Something needs to be fixed or this could get ugly. We are already starting to lose offensive recruits due to our severe lack of offense.

LINK

The way I see it the arguments against Lee are mostly summed up by "we're frustrated by his play, ANYONE would be better."

@beanman, maybe Green goes in and stinks up the joint too? What then?

Objectively looking at it, Lee is a talent who knows how to make the throws but has had a very, very rough time of it in games. Green is a future talent who isn't ready yet. I notice nobody is seriously clamoring for LTW because you'd really have to be kidding then. I am saying Green, based on ability alone, isn't ready for that shot. I mean, really, does nobody remember what the "spark" we were all looking for managed against Oklahoma?

I'm just unimpressed with the "Player A has done really poorly, therefore Player B must be able to do better." Very, very specious argument.

There is a good chance that Cody will not be "the spark" in our bowl game this year, as he needs more time. However, I believe many would be more forgiving of an average or poor performance from him based on his inexperience. What is Lee's excuse? I believe Cody can not do any worse, as Lee is terrible. I would like to see him get a shot in the bowl game to develop him as our future QB.... and never look back at Lee again.

The way I see it the arguments against Lee are mostly summed up by "we're frustrated by his play, ANYONE would be better."

@beanman, maybe Green goes in and stinks up the joint too? What then?

Objectively looking at it, Lee is a talent who knows how to make the throws but has had a very, very rough time of it in games. Green is a future talent who isn't ready yet. I notice nobody is seriously clamoring for LTW because you'd really have to be kidding then. I am saying Green, based on ability alone, isn't ready for that shot. I mean, really, does nobody remember what the "spark" we were all looking for managed against Oklahoma?

I'm just unimpressed with the "Player A has done really poorly, therefore Player B must be able to do better." Very, very specious argument.

There is a good chance that Cody will not be "the spark" in our bowl game this year, as he needs more time. However, I believe many would be more forgiving of an average or poor performance from him based on his inexperience. What is Lee's excuse? I believe Cody can not do any worse, as Lee is terrible. I would like to see him get a shot in the bowl game to develop him as our future QB.... and never look back at Lee again.

This.....

Put Green in but rarely have him dropback. He should be doing rollouts and play-action. Beat into his head not to throw picks, if a guy isn't clear tuck and take what you can get. Don't force the passes, be willing to punt, the D will hold. Use the damn TE's.

This is exactly correct.

I spent the better part of this season saying Lee should be our quarterback and that it was the right choice. However, it's become clear that Lee has not progressed through the season, and the argument could be made that he has regressed. If Lee is not capable of moving the offense, we are better off putting Green in now.

There is nothing to play for this season. We have some recruits to impress and it would be nice if we were ranked at the end, but we're not gunning for any kind of title. It costs us nothing at this point to put Green in. If he's the guy we're banking on for the next three years, it's foolish to have burned his redshirt for (by my guesstimate) 86 plays. That's barely more than one game's worth of snaps. We're fools if we burned his shirt for that.

Green should start this game. If he doesn't, he should see significant playing time. If not, this season is a blunder on the part of our staff.

Put Green in but rarely have him dropback. He should be doing rollouts and play-action. Beat into his head not to throw picks, if a guy isn't clear tuck and take what you can get. Don't force the passes, be willing to punt, the D will hold. Use the damn TE's.

This is exactly correct.

I spent the better part of this season saying Lee should be our quarterback and that it was the right choice. However, it's become clear that Lee has not progressed through the season, and the argument could be made that he has regressed. If Lee is not capable of moving the offense, we are better off putting Green in now.

There is nothing to play for this season. We have some recruits to impress and it would be nice if we were ranked at the end, but we're not gunning for any kind of title. It costs us nothing at this point to put Green in. If he's the guy we're banking on for the next three years, it's foolish to have burned his redshirt for (by my guesstimate) 86 plays. That's barely more than one game's worth of snaps. We're fools if we burned his shirt for that.

Green should start this game. If he doesn't, he should see significant playing time. If not, this season is a blunder on the part of our staff.

Again, knapplc jumped into my head and stole my thoughts....it's starting to get painful, sir!!