SIGNED ATH Kenny Bell

Four Words: Hand-Held 4.29 forty

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100123/BIGRED03/100129818/-1/bigred

He's borderline 4 :star right? and the only reason he doesn't have fourth star is because of his injury to start the year right? Because that's the only reason I can think of. Kid looks just as athletic as the four star kids and probably does just as well as they do. Good kid coming here and I'm happy.

It will be interesting to see how true that speed is... 40 times are always kind of iffy coming out of HS. Seems to be a lot of kids who come out running sub 4.3's and then you watch the NFL combine and the fastest ever is a 4.24 or something like that.

Regardless his is fast and I hope we can use that speed. The only thing that scares me is hes pretty small so hopefully if he gets bigger he won't lose that speed.

This may be high expectations but I could see him as a kind of poor mans Percy Harvin. Obviously Percy is a incredible athlete, but if Kenny is really that fast and can run and catch I think he could be used like Percy.

No offense...but if he ran a 4.29 he would have A LOT more offers..

His coach is on record as saying that he is the fastest they have ever had in the 17 years that he has been there. So, he is fast, let's just see how fast once he gets into the program.

Dan McCartney's son is his coach and the McCartneys know football.

Look at this link for a football camp and he is a guest speaker with some very good coaches.

http://www.nikecoyfootball.com/denver/denver-speakers.aspx

I will stand by his assessment of Kenny Bell as being a very good player, fastest ever at Fairview HS.

His coach is on record as saying that he is the fastest they have ever had in the 17 years that he has been there. So, he is fast, let's just see how fast once he gets into the program.

Dan McCartney's son is his coach and the McCartneys know football.

Look at this link for a football camp and he is a guest speaker with some very good coaches.

http://www.nikecoyfootball.com/denver/denver-speakers.aspx

I will stand by his assessment of Kenny Bell as being a very good player, fastest ever at Fairview HS.

I didn't know much about Mr. Bell when he committed, but the more I hear about him the more I think we might have found a very good player.

FWIW, according to Rivals, Curtis Carter had 7 offers and is a 4* while Bell had 9 offers as a 3*. Their measurables are similar in the speed dept.

Pretty sure Kenny was hurt for a portion this year, not a lot he could send out film-wise to pump himself up other than Jr. year film. Over the last month and a half, it seems that a bunch of schools were looking at Kenny really hard.